SKYFALL: FANS' REACTIONS - GUARANTEED SPOILERS

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's how I feel. Only two times hasn't cut it for me.
    Not having a license has its downsides. I would have seen Skyfall three times by now.
    :-<
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, a license is irrelevant when you don't have a car. Take it from me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Not having a license has its downsides. I would have seen Skyfall three times by now.

Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, a license is irrelevant when you don't have a car. Take it from me.

I have both, but a broken ankle and lack of friends currently keeps me from going bankrupt. We should team up. Creasy, you drive my car, and we'll pick up Brady.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Creasy47 wrote:

I have both, but a broken ankle and lack of friends currently keeps me from going bankrupt. We should team up. Creasy, you drive my car, and we'll pick up Brady.

Haha, all of us in one theatre= madness. The world simply isn't ready for it.

Lack of friends you say? Well, you have all of us here. I am not a sociable individual either, yet my best friend is worth dozens of my acquaintances. You must look at it this way (look at the cynic being the optimist): One friend could be greater than thousands.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Haha, it's not that I choose not to have friends, I've just stalled after high school and community college, and all of those friends have moved on. This ankle injury has given me time off work to think about what to do though, so I'm thinking I'll be in the Navy sometime soon after I get back on my feet.

I'm fine sitting alone at home, or out with friends, but I don't need either; just one. :)

I follow the editor of that site on Twitter, and he keeps posting 'how many Skyfall already has'. I read them and their silly 'mistakes' that every movie has. You can barely count windshield continuity in the left frame of the screen a mistake in something millions of frames long.

JWESTBROOK wrote:

I follow the editor of that site on Twitter, and he keeps posting 'how many Skyfall already has'. I read them and their silly 'mistakes' that every movie has. You can barely count windshield continuity in the left frame of the screen a mistake in something millions of frames long.
    Exactly. The list is stupid, and nit picking. Like you said, EVERY film, no matter how brilliant, has these mistakes. With the number of takes and all that goes into production, it is unavoidable. As Some Like It Hot tells us, "Nobody's Perfect."
    Not a single film out there is perfect. To me, does 'Munich' feel perfect? Absolutely. Are there things I would change about it, including (or not including) goofs, errors, and bloopers? Absolutely.

@JWESTBROOK, sounds like a plan. We'll take the world by storm.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
    Bloopers spotting is like inferiority complex. People like to think of themselves as smarter than any movie.
  • RC7RC7
    Stamper wrote:
    Bloopers spotting is like inferiority complex. People like to think of themselves as smarter than any movie.

I think most the time people just do it for fun.
  • The car in the alley and it's slotted in explanation in DAF is still funny though.
  • So by now you would have seen Skyfall. If you still havent then don't read on because I'm going to discuss it. Basically I liked it but I didn't love it. I think it was way over hyped and it wasn't really a Bond film. Parts of it were Bond but really you could have been watching any other action movie. I was actually bored for the first half of the movie, that was until we were introduced to Silva who actually made me root for him lol. It did get better from there but part s of it were horrible... like the komodo dragons and the dorky hanging on to the elevator, not to mention the scene towards the end where they were booby trapping the house made me think, hey are we watching home alone? lol. But there were parts I loved too, like all the little references to past bond movies. I didn't mind the ending because it was ironic that Silva got stabbed in the back by MI6... literally this time. I liked Adele's Skyfall song though the soundtrack had hardly any bond theme in it at all. The new Q was good too. But overall it was just meh, I don't know how all these critics are calling it the best bond ever. It wasnt that good, full of plot holes and just a tad uninteresting compared to other bond flicks. I'd give it a 3 out of 5.
  • RC7RC7
    Incisor wrote:
    So by now you would have seen Skyfall. If you still havent then don't read on because I'm going to discuss it. Basically I liked it but I didn't love it. I think it was way over hyped and it wasn't really a Bond film. Parts of it were Bond but really you could have been watching any other action movie. I was actually bored for the first half of the movie, that was until we were introduced to Silva who actually made me root for him lol. It did get better from there but part s of it were horrible... like the komodo dragons and the dorky hanging on to the elevator, not to mention the scene towards the end where they were booby trapping the house made me think, hey are we watching home alone? lol. But there were parts I loved too, like all the little references to past bond movies. I didn't mind the ending because it was ironic that Silva got stabbed in the back by MI6... literally this time. I liked Adele's Skyfall song though the soundtrack had hardly any bond theme in it at all. The new Q was good too. But overall it was just meh, I don't know how all these critics are calling it the best bond ever. It wasnt that good, full of plot holes and just a tad uninteresting compared to other bond flicks. I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

You make some fair points. I actually didn't mind the Home Alone-esque ending, I was more peeved by the illogical nature of the DB5 but I won't go into it as there's a separate thread. I too think it is hard to buy into this 'best Bond ever' PR exercise. I mean, the criteria for that in itself is difficult to determine and everyone sees it differently. On top of that, appreciation for the films fluctuates retrospectively. I think it's too hard to make such a bold statement about a film in a canon that prides itself on watchability and repeat viewings. Let's see where it stands in 10 years.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 4,421
    Two “plot-holes”, and the reasons that I came up with to “solve” them....

Why Bond did not remove the shrapnel in Turkey, and waited, instead, untill he was in London....

- he wanted to remind himself of M's betrayal. I think Bond was looking forward to escaping his former life, until apathy grips him – he doesn't know what to do, with his life.

Why did the MI6 holding cell have such easy access to the tube....

-they were on war footing, and did not have time to make sure the place was secure. As Q said - “we're still discovering tunnels down here...” (That one was the tricky to come up with, I mean really MI6...)

Anywho...

The people who bought Skyfall Lodge are going to be pissed...
    @royale65, at least they have a possibility of now owning some helicopter debris and assault rifles! You have to look at the bright side.
    Good point. And a burned out Aston, to boot...
    @royale65, true. And some old nail bombs, and I'm sure those dogs are still out there somewhere.
    You know, I don't think they'll be too annoyed...

;-)
    I just remembered. Back when Skyfall was in early shooting some pictures of guys with Glasgow smiles came out. Where they supposed to be the MI6 agents that die in the attack?
  • My review of Skyfall. It's probably a given that people looking at this page have seen the film but in case you haven't there are plenty of spoilers throughout this review. It's a long review, but let me know your thoughts.

I just saw SF.

This isn't a review. I'm just going to say that i really liked the movie.

Out of all movies this year I enjoyed SF the most.

I didn't liked the anti-climactic end-the death of M and Silva but everything else was great.
    The movie is 2:30 long but the it wasn't boring at all as opposed to TDKR who is around same length but at times it felt too slow.

Overall I would give 8.5/10 to SF. Good movie but there are few better Bond movies.

Definitely TOP10. I hope it wins an oscar.
    The master speaks:

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thank you for those links, @0Brady! Couldn't agree more with, as you said, the master. ;-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Long live the Kermode!
    Kermode as Blofeld and Simon as Bond made my day. :))
  • Just one thing that's been bugging me.

If Silva had planned the whole thing about being captured etc. how did he know JB was going to get him at that precise time so he could sort M out at the hearing. Remember he had to have uniforms etc to sort out. How did he know?
    Just one thing that's been bugging me.

If Silva had planned the whole thing about being captured etc. how did he know JB was going to get him at that precise time so he could sort M out at the hearing. Remember he had to have uniforms etc to sort out. How did he know?

I like to think that he didn't know.
    He had a plan. "Sooner or later they'll capture me.They'll get my computer.They'll mess around with it which means that I will release my self few hours after they capture me.Your job is to find me near MI6 few hours after they capture me.You'll tell me where M is and then I'll find her and kill her" Said Silva to his henchmen.

Or so I want to believe.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The way I see it, Silva had an overall master plan which he would have had in place for a long time. I don't particularly have to agree with Q's notion that it was years in the making but the movie makes it very clear that Silva still had access to data abd info and what was currently going on at the new mi6. So, his plan I believe was constantly being tweaked and he would have set up a whole bunch of optional contingencies to choose from to suit what ever situation he found himself in.