Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    One character at a time, with all three coming together at the end of the game for the final level could work well. Maybe depending on the choices you make throughout the story, it will decide who lives and dies?

I, by no means, have given up hope yet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,531
    I'll still end up purchasing it, just not happy in the slightest right now.

While a lot of the detail that has gone into the game sounds refreshing, I'll just miss playing as a single character. Plus, the characters they have rounding it out now don't sound all that fun. Shame. Rockstar hasn't been wowing me lately.
  • Almost a year later but FINALLY it's here.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm still not buying it until it's down to around $20, maybe $30, but it looks better than I thought it would.
  • 0:49
    a lookalike Aston Martin DB5? :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It looks alright. I'll buy it at some stage. At last the release date is there - 'Spring 2013' - that should silence those who still feel it will come out this year.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Interesting trailer, but I am not much of a fan about the whole multiple playable characters aspect.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Looks uninteresting....no thanks I'm out.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    It was funny, that's something. So they're trying to make it more light hearted, which I reckon is needed.

I'll buy it and I think it looks much better than GTA IV.
    I'm still not buying it until it's down to around $20, maybe $30, but it looks better than I thought it would.

You'll be waiting a while unless you get it second hand. The prices for big open world games like this don't drop quickly.

Skyrim is an example. £45 at launch. Almost a year later and most places are selling it at £40.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

You'll be waiting a while unless you get it second hand. The prices for big open world games like this don't drop quickly.

Skyrim is an example. £45 at launch. Almost a year later and most places are selling it at £40.

I didn't expect to actually own it this console generation. I've already got a friend who's pre-ordered the game, so I'm set to end up playing it anyway.
    I'm really not interested, which is a shame. I anticipated this game since its official announcement last November, and when I heard that we will play as three characters - who all look incredibly uninteresting to play as - I lost all interest. Maybe it will be a cool mechanic, but I just don't care about the game in the slightest now.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    and when I heard that we will play as three characters - who all look incredibly uninteresting to play as - I lost all interest.

We haven't had interesting GTA protagonists since the PS2 era.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The problem is not the game at all, is that you guys maybe are missing everything that GTASA has and that it won't have in this game.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    The problem is not the game at all, is that you guys maybe are missing everything that GTASA has and that it won't have in this game.

That's not a factor for me. Did SA have a lot to do? Yes. But, GTA IV is still my favorite game in the series, and quite possibly my favorite game of all time. My only concern is the route they're taking by not following a single character. Niko was fun, but it was a pretty generic, inevitable story.

It's just a mixture of not liking the characters in the slightest, alongside the 'switching' roles. Will it make sense for such an open world? Yes. Might it be a good idea? Possibly. But, as much as I had anticipated the game this previous year, I'm now uninterested until I see it in action. And, by "see it in action," it means that I'll probably have to make a blind purchase, or wait until a week or so before release to see some early copy footage.
    I like the look of the characters. The insane guy seems fun and the older guy seems like a sarcy old git and looks like he has some funny moments with his son.

The young black kid doesn't intrest me but then they didn't show much of him.

Anyway, characters look much more fun overall. Niko pissed me off, he'd literally be banging on about morals to somebody in his car while speeding away from cops. Roman and the steroid guy were funny though.

But I don't think this was worth waiting almost a whole year for. They should've released the first trailer later.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The black guy will remind CJ in this game. Hear me.
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

It'd be cool if he was related to CJ or something.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Unfortunately the own Rockstar confirmed that the GTASA universe is in "other dimension" and doesn't exists in GTA V. So unfortunately he won't be related to CJ as he doesn't even exists. :/
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Unfortunately the own Rockstar confirmed that the GTASA universe is in "other dimension" and doesn't exists in GTA V. So unfortunately he won't be related to CJ as he doesn't even exists. :/

Yeah I heard about that when IV came out, I don't think I like that. I liked having recurring characters and families, even if they were just mentioned.
  • Watch Dogs, albeit it comes out in a year :/
    Watch Dogs, albeit it comes out in a year :/

I keep forgetting about this game, then the thought of that wonderful demo they showed off earlier this year crops into my mind. Looks like such a unique IP that will (hopefully) sell well and give us some sequels.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Watch Dogs, albeit it comes out in a year :/

I keep forgetting about this game, then the thought of that wonderful demo they showed off earlier this year crops into my mind. Looks like such a unique IP that will (hopefully) sell well and give us some sequels.

Let me refresh your memory!

/:)
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    delete
  • Watch Dogs looks pretty but I'm not big on the whole "hacking" thing and the rest of the gameplay doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, thank you for that! Looks so great. I can only hope all goes well and it's out next year.
  • Watch Dogs looks pretty but I'm not big on the whole "hacking" thing and the rest of the gameplay doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before.

I feel like this is Person of Interest in VG mode, which I'm fine with :)
  • http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Rambo-Video-Game-Scenic-Helicopter-Screenshot-Released-48957.html

Bare in mind this is supposed to be coming out this year and we haven't seen any gameplay. I'm worried we won't get it for ages now.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    IGN have posted their Hitman: Absolution review:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/18/hitman-absolution-review

With a score of 9.0/10.
    IGN have posted their Hitman: Absolution review:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/18/hitman-absolution-review

With a score of 9.0/10.

GI gave it an 8.75/10, and I think x360a gave it an 83/100. Some pretty good scores all around. Who else (aside from me) is picking it up this week?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:

GI gave it an 8.75/10, and I think x360a gave it an 83/100. Some pretty good scores all around. Who else (aside from me) is picking it up this week?

I was going to pick up AC3 this week, but i'm going to get Hitman: Absolution instead.