Who is you least favorite Bond Girl?

Comments

• SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    doubleoego wrote:
    I actually think Natalya is a top 5 Bond girl.

I agree
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    #1 Jiacinta Johnson
    #2 Stacy Sutton
    #3 Holly Goodhead
    #4 Pussy Galore
    #5 Christmas Jones
    #6 Kara Milovy
    #7 Natalya Simonova
    #8 Lupe Lamora
    #9 Camille Montes
    #10 Tracy Di Vicenzo

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME? 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 AND 10 ARE F***ING EPIC! But I agree with the rest. Although, I think you should put Bibi Dahl on there

How old are you if I may ask?

• JamesCraig wrote:
    #1 Jiacinta Johnson
    #2 Stacy Sutton
    #3 Holly Goodhead
    #4 Pussy Galore
    #5 Christmas Jones
    #6 Kara Milovy
    #7 Natalya Simonova
    #8 Lupe Lamora
    #9 Camille Montes
    #10 Tracy Di Vicenzo

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME? 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 AND 10 ARE F***ING EPIC! But I agree with the rest. Although, I think you should put Bibi Dahl on there

How old are you if I may ask?

I partially agree with him though. Pussy Galore is THE Bond Girl and is #1 in my book (granted, Honey Ryder is arguably more iconic). Diana Rigg also did an excellent job as Tracey, and even outshined Lazenby's Bond at times. Lupe is a decent Bond girl except for one really, really horrible line (hotel scene), and she can be forgiven for it because she was so hot.

However, Kara was on my list of worst Bond girls because once she falls for Bond she is extremely clingy and helpless and rational thinking takes a back seat. I feel Natalya's role was played to the fullest, even though the character was slightly annoying at times. Camille breaks the requirement #1 for being a Bond girl: going to bed with Bond.
    Has to be Pussy Galore, has to be. Incredibly annoying, to the point where I wish Bond had double-crossed her and left her to die on the president's plane, just for a good laugh. Seriously, her voice is the most annoyingly flat and dead voice of all time. Aside from that, she's not attractive by any means, and doesn't even seem the part of a Bond girl. Take her out of the movie, and GF might be better than last place.
  • 1. Jinx
    2. Bibi
    3. Stacey
    4. May Day
    5. Christmas
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I noticed Christmas Jones is in almost all the list of the least favorite Bond girl... She did have a hot body in that movie though :-)

Come to think about it, all the Bond girls are there purely for eye candy, no offense to the ladies who played them. And some of them may be useful than the other Bond girls, but at the end of the day, they are there in the movie simply for eye candy..
    Here are my thoughts on the matter:

-- I tend to agree that Jinx was a disaster. The whole spinoff concept was ill-conceived to begin with, and thus, so were the repeated Brosnan-era efforts to have James Bond encounter his female counterpart. As for Ms. Berry, her fundamental mistake is that she tried too hard to be the Ultimate Bond Girl. When I watch her performance, I can see her striving to be the Sexiest Bond Girl Ever, the Toughest Bond Girl Ever, the Wittiest Bond Girl Ever, etc., all at the same time. The end result is a train wreck of a performance.

-- Not too fond of May Day. I just never found Grace Jones attractive. As time passes, however, I find that she does appeal to my Gen-X sense of '80s nostalgia.

-- Mary Goodnight is, of course, useless. Ekland never struck me as particularly good looking, either.

-- Any list of this sort would be incomplete without a mention of Christmas Jones. When the casting of Denise Richards was announced in '98, there were many naysayers, but I was one of the voices saying, "Give her a chance." Boy, did I end up with egg on my face.

-- Though I usually love Famke Janssen, I simply cannot stand the Xenia Onatopp character. She's so over the top, she seems like an Austin Powers character who somehow found her way into a Bond movie a couple of years before Austin Powers.
  • 00Beast wrote:
    Has to be Pussy Galore, has to be. Incredibly annoying, to the point where I wish Bond had double-crossed her and left her to die on the president's plane, just for a good laugh. Seriously, her voice is the most annoyingly flat and dead voice of all time. Aside from that, she's not attractive by any means, and doesn't even seem the part of a Bond girl. Take her out of the movie, and GF might be better than last place.

You're joking right???
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    No, he's voicing his stance.

I might even vote for him.
    SPECTRE wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

You're joking right???

No, I am 100% completely serious.
  • Though the first and most ovbious choice would be Stacey Sutton, but Goodnight annoys me a little bit more.
  • @SirHenryLeeChaChing Don't tell that to Wizard, Laz is his fave.

Anyway, I like Lazenby, and considering he never acted before, I reckon he did pretty well. Great in the fight scenes, and I think he showed that he could act with the final scenes, which I don't think Connery could've handled. He's my 4th favourite Bond.
    I am astonished to read that Connery could not have acted?!!!! The man was known mostly as Bond, but look at the films he's made that show how great he is. From The hunt of Red October, Indiana Jones, The Presidio (crying at the funeral) Untouchables just to name a few. George L. still in the shadows
  • Rosa Klebb, Irma Bunt, Thumper & Bambi.
    Beat that!!
  • severene found her a incoherent mess. Craig rescued an appalling bar scene with severene in macau.
  • Holly Goodhead, Denise Richards, May Day and Wai Lin.
    Too cold, too unlikely, too bad acting and too combat.
  • Gonna have to say Jinx on this one, with Lupe a case second.

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    I truly disliked Pam Bouvier (it's matter of taste) and Paula Ivanova, May Day.

Not my favourites : Paula Caplan, Tiffany Case (in spite of acting good by Jill St John), Rosie Carver, Stacey Sutton was so cute but awfuly annoying (waste of character) Wai Lin kicked ass but wasn't much attractive, definitely Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist, as written before "a waste of character Dr. Jones" ; so does Jinx (so-so).

Camille was in an action film, never in the Bond feeling (mostly in QoS) and lastly Severine had no charm to me and could NEVER match Xenia Onatopp's Famke Janssen class and style in the unique GoldenEye !
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Sorry I forgot Madonna's Verity ! XD
  • I didn't mind too much Ciccone's cameo, it's merely the awful theme intro I take issue with above all else that year

As always, Halle Berry the worst ever I do think, just in case Dire Another Day couldn't get any worse, they included her, just for good measure

Then closely followed by Tanya Roberts, Denise Richards, Honor Blackman, Lana Wood, Lois Chiles and then maybe Maryam d'Abo
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    00Beast wrote:
    SPECTRE wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

You're joking right???

I reckon I'm with you there 00Beast. Have to say for all her name Pussy is one of the few Bibd girls who does nothing for me in the trouser department. Aki, Saida, Lisl, that bird sent to assess Bond in GE (is her name Caroline?) and Wai Lin are others.
    00Beast wrote:
    SPECTRE wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

You're joking right???

I reckon I'm with you there 00Beast. Have to say for all her name Pussy is one of the few Bibd girls who does nothing for me in the trouser department. Aki, Saida, Lisl, that bird sent to assess Bond in GE (is her name Caroline?) and Wai Lin are others.

Thank you! You get it too! Nicely put too, hahahaha. That's a good list too on the "non-attractive Bond Girls". However, I will say that Lisl gets better once she and Bond go out on the beach in the morning, because her hair is down and not up in that dumb style she had it in previously. Also, she looks ten years younger in the beach scene for some reason.
  • Once again, as above, Blackman, while a good actress, her Pussy character was merely a 1960s equivalent of Lois Chiles. Banal, mundane and lacklustre, if she had faded from view anytime in that release, you wouldn't have noticed

I may have said before, that at certain times even Romanova (Bianchi) actually irritated, but I can't quite center on why that was. Lamora (Soto) was also damn annoying often enough. "I love him - so much" 8-|
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Kerim wrote:
    Let's do an update.

10. Holly-Those who can't do, teach. I would like to point out that Lois Chiles is a theatre instructor at the University of Houston.
    9. Tilly-Sean could have saved himself a whole lot of trouble if he offed her at the beginning.
    8. Anya-Give credit to Ringo for keeping Barbara Bach off of the screen.
    7. Tiffany-You're not supposed to turn unbearably annoying when you get gloved slapped.
    6. Christmas-Can't fault Denise Richards for being horribly miscast, or for surviving Charlie Sheen.
    5. Stacey-If my real name was James, I might cut her some slack.
    4. Rosie-No redeeming qualities at all with this character
    3. Paris-Anything negative involving Teri Hatcher usually rates high on my lists.
    2. Jinx-Remind us again how you managed to win a Best Actress Oscar? The Academy eating laced brownies is my theory.
    1. May Day-Flip Wilson in drag would have been an improvement over Grace Jones.

No change. Also, no one from Skyfall will make this list.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Mary Goodnight--what a travesty that they didn't make her more like in the novels.

It occurs to me, though, that Eve has the reverse arc of Goodnight: field to desk job.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Jinx...from 007 Legends. She makes Halle Berry's acting equal to Shakespeare.
    845294824-bond-girls-legends-gO34.jpg
  • That's supposed to be the Berry character from Die Enough Day ? Are you kidding me, it doesn't even resemble anything like her ?

I don't play computer games anymore, and at times like this, I can maybe understand why 8-|

Lousy effort
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That's supposed to be the Berry character from Die Enough Day ? Are you kidding me, it doesn't even resemble anything like her ?

I don't play computer games anymore, and at times like this, I can maybe understand why 8-|

Lousy effort

Yes, 007 Legends was Lousy. They also did the same thing to Holly Goodhead who early in the games Production actually looked like Lois Chiles but changed it. It's sad.
  • It's not so sad now that I think about it, with characters you care little for, or even fail to recognize (Johnson, Goodhead etc), but Yes, they could of put a little more effort into their game. I can only hope some of the more significant and worthy characters such as Kamal Khan, Oddjob or Donald Grant were better, but I think they actually were from what I can remember, but still room for improvement on what they have done
  • I reckon I'm with you there 00Beast. Have to say for all her name Pussy is one of the few Bibd girls who does nothing for me in the trouser department. Aki, Saida, Lisl, that bird sent to assess Bond in GE (is her name Caroline?) and Wai Lin are others.

I would largely agree with that list. I have a soft spot for Lisl because the tragedy of her death always makes me think of the real-life tragedy of Cassandra Harris dying. Brosnan has always struck me as a fairly stand-up guy, and arguably the most mongamous of all the Bond actors, so seeing a DIFFERENT Bond actor mourn over Harris' dead body is weirdly poignant. I think she'd be a lot more attractive in the film if it weren't for the hideous make-up job she was given.

The thing with Pussy Galore is that the name is totally iconic, so she gets a pass from a lot of people. Certainly Blackman's performance has attitude and toughness. But physically, she is just totally unimpressive...at least from a modern point of view. It's too bad, because with that name, you sort of WANT her to be the most iconic Bond girl of all time. But she's really just....not.

For my money, nobody will ever best Diana Rigg. She had the looks, personality, fighting skills, driving skills, and the certain element of tragedy (even before her death) that all the best Bond girls should possess. It just doesn't get any better than that.

With Eva Greene, I could see why Bond fell in love with her. But with Diana Rigg, *I* fell in love with her.

• That above all else, it basically it, doubtless mentioned before, in that -

If you're going to have a character named Pussy Galore at least make it believable or fitting, not have a character who's older than Bond (Connery) himself, and also dour, unattractive or lacking any sexy ingredients

They should of named Blackman, 'Pussy - No Thanks' :-<