Who is you least favorite Bond Girl?

Comments

Like Bond, I loved them all! (only joking) My least favourite would be Stacey Sutton. Very pretty to look at but over wise very forgettable.
    1. Christmas Jones
    2. Jinx
    3. Rosie Carver
    4. Tiffany Case
  • For me it has to be Jinx, will never understand why Halle Berry was a bond girl, however Grace Jones as May Day is a close second, at this point I would just like to point out that I am not a racist.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    I didn't mind Gloria Hendry actually, saw the film a few weeks ago, and she actually does not too bad a job- 'Me. Clothes Off.. where ?' etc, too bad she got taken out by one of the scarecrows, but I've seen far worse

Or could it be that LALD is your favorite Bond film? ;) :D

Agree with Beast on his thoughts.
    There have been many stinkeros. I can never decide on a final "worst". I despise the aforementioned. The five I listed but the ones that really grate on my nerves:
    Chiles
    Berry
    Richards
    Being my favorite film had nothing to do with it, she was merely a good character. I don't like Diamonds are Forever much, but it has Jill St John and that at least is worth a watch (or try to)

In actual fact, most areas I have looked at seem to have Roberts and Richards as the worst Bond girls ever, with Britt Ekland and Berry not too far behind. Hard to argue
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    For me it has to be Jinx, will never understand why Halle Berry was a bond girl, however Grace Jones as May Day is a close second, at this point I would just like to point out that I am not a racist.

Anything short of blunt derogitory tems, no one would come off as racist. Three of the worst Bond girls in the series are black.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Kerim wrote:
    For me it has to be Jinx, will never understand why Halle Berry was a bond girl, however Grace Jones as May Day is a close second, at this point I would just like to point out that I am not a racist.

Anything short of blunt derogitory tems, no one would come off as racist. Three of the worst Bond girls in the series are black.

Let's hope Naomi Harris is not included on the list.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Nobody really hates any Bond characters Murdock,

Jesus Christ mate speak for yourself. I would happily douse Jinx in petrol and then with Malkovich in Con Air casuality toss a fag end at her. Most of the worst moments of the series occur every time she opens her trap.
    3. Halle Berry/Jacinta Johnson...
    ...She's basically the George Lazenby of Bond girls.

Unless you retract that disgraceful slur on the Laz I'm going to have defend his honour and ask you to step outside and offer me satisfaction Sir.
    Kissy from YOLT
    Ok, Berry was annoying, unappealing, boring, mundane, banal, uninteresting, bland, belligerent, lacked vigor or essence, sickly, and you wanted to take a big stick to her, but it still wasn't enough to warrant an actual loathing. I don't hate anything about James Bond, including characters. The closest thing I have to genuine spite is that awful piece of crap theme from QOS, That's maybe as far as any extreme or genuine distaste goes for the franchise, but Berry wasn't quite that, not far away, but I could just about tolerate her
    Ok, Berry was annoying, unappealing, boring, mundane, banal, uninteresting, bland, belligerent, lacked vigor or essence, sickly, and you wanted to take a big stick to her, but it still wasn't enough to warrant an actual loathing. I don't hate anything about James Bond, including characters. The closest thing I have to genuine spite is that awful piece of crap theme from QOS, That's maybe as far as any extreme or genuine distaste goes for the franchise, but Berry wasn't quite that, not far away, but I could just about tolerate her

You must have a more sanguine temperament than me then.

Anything that makes you ashamed that you are a Bond fan and cringing into your cinema seat in case the rest of the audience recognise you as such and vent their fury at having wasted their money on the line 'Yo Mamma' by lynching you next to the popcorn kiosk cant be good can it?
    That was the wrong choice of wording maybe, 'Tolerant' would of been more appropriate

Let's agree that Berry was a very poor character, a bit of a disaster, a fiend in human shape, whatever you want to classify it as, but maybe not the most belligerent or just plain irritating of all the characters that James Bond ever saw, but certainly up there for sure
    edited July 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Let's agree that Berry was a very poor character, a bit of a disaster, a fiend in human shape, whatever you want to classify it as, but maybe not the most belligerent or just plain irritating of all the characters that James Bond ever saw, but certainly up there for sure

Would you care to name a worse one? I'm all ears.

Poorly conceived, poorly written and poorly acted - Jinx was a disaster on every level.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Halle/Jinx was bad and contributed to DAD going from mediocre to suck the big one.
    She's great eye candy as is Richards/Jones, Roberts also looked really good but were failures as "Bond girls"

I take offense with Chiles as being not just annoying but not very attractive either. I also hated the movie. Jinx had some shytt dialogue but Chiles' was just as crappy. At least Halle was good to look at but not Chiles.
  • Nobody really hates any Bond characters Murdock,

Jesus Christ mate speak for yourself. I would happily douse Jinx in petrol and then with Malkovich in Con Air casuality toss a fag end at her. Most of the worst moments of the series occur every time she opens her trap.
    3. Halle Berry/Jacinta Johnson...
    ...She's basically the George Lazenby of Bond girls.

Unless you retract that disgraceful slur on the Laz I'm going to have defend his honour and ask you to step outside and offer me satisfaction Sir.

:)) I'm starting to feel like D'Artagnan in 1993. OK, take a number and get in line.

Seriously though, it's an open book with me and Lazenby. Great action guy, lousy actor. I think the other 5 Bond actors were better in the role. Why? Because they were actors and not a former model making his first attempt at being one. In way over his head. Also an open book, OHMSS is such a great film because of everything else going on including the likes of Rigg, Savalas, Steppat, and Ferzetti turning in tremendous performances. Even with all their help behind the scenes, George is still monotone and as exciting to me as splattering oatmeal on the wall and waiting for it to drop off, unless he's in action of course. It's taken me a very long time not to wince every time George opens his mouth in the film. Felt that way about him since I was 8 years old in 1969 and am not changing my mind now. Personally, I admire him a great deal for his real life cheek and swagger and no doubt would get along well with him over a few cold ones.
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing Don't tell that to Wizard, Laz is his fave.

Anyway, I like Lazenby, and considering he never acted before, I reckon he did pretty well. Great in the fight scenes, and I think he showed that he could act with the final scenes, which I don't think Connery could've handled. He's my 4th favourite Bond.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing Don't tell that to Wizard, Laz is his fave.

Anyway, I like Lazenby, and considering he never acted before, I reckon he did pretty well. Great in the fight scenes, and I think he showed that he could act with the final scenes, which I don't think Connery could've handled. He's my 4th favourite Bond.

Watch "Robin And Marian" sometime. Believe me, Sir Sean could have handled it and in my mind, a million times better. There isn't any role that Sir Sean could not do :D

I did tell Wizard. I agree with a lot of what he writes. But not about Lazenby.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing I've seen Robin and Marian, my favourite Robin Hood movie. And I know he can do emotional scenes (another example is in the third Indiana Jones film, when the tank goes of the cliff and he thinks Indy is in there).

But his Bond was more of a cold, deadly almost superman type. And I'm not sure how close to his DAF self he was while OHMSS was being made, but he was bored with the role in real life, which might affect his acting performance, and was gaining weight, which makes me think he might not have handled the fight scenes as well as Laz (although I loved the DAF fight in the lift).

Maybe he could've done it, idk. But I think Laz did really well in OHMSS and, if Connery was anything like he was in DAF while they were making it, I'm glad he was cast.

Sean could not do the role of somebody who isn't a total badass :D
    Halle Berry/Jacinta Johnson...cringeworthy, like the film she was in.
    General consensus wherever you go is that Berry is perhaps the worst Bond girl ever, hard to argue. Also never alone in thinking Chiles and Roberts are never far behind. Not as much mention for d'Abo as I would of liked, or imagined even, and Teri Hatcher also would be included somewhere. Thankfully the truly great or impressive Bond girls far outweigh the poorer ones, not every Bond girl over time has been a winner..
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    C'mon, Teri Hatcher was great. i know it's your opinion but analyze better.
    Also, she did only a few scenes. if She was the good girl, i could bet she would do a great work.
    If we're talking leading lady, it will have to be Honey Ryder from "DR. NO". I'm sorry, but she really didn't do anything but walk out of the water in a bikini. While others might be shallow enough to regard that moment as an example of her being "the best", I can't.

If we're talking supporting Bond Girl, it's a tie between Lana Wood from "DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER" and Marguerite LeWars (the photographer) from "DR. NO". Neither can't act worth a damn.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    C'mon, Teri Hatcher was great. i know it's your opinion but analyze better.
    Also, she did only a few scenes. if She was the good girl, i could bet she would do a great work.

Hatcher was decent enough, but she shouldn't have been in the film. Her character should've been Natalya from GE. Better actress and it would've made me feel sadder when she died.
    Sorry Sonic, but Hatcher was awful, it was almost a relief when Kaufman disposed of her, not a very memorable character, more churlish than gorgeous or appealing

a Truly good Bond girl is one you feel sadness for after a demise, Green would be such an example, not the best Bond girl ever, but smart and sophisticated (if a little too much mascara) and felt genuine sympathy when she took her own life in Italy in a quite dramatic drowning sequence
  • Sorry Sonic, but Hatcher was awful, it was almost a relief when Kaufman disposed of her, not a very memorable character, more churlish than gorgeous or appealing

a Truly good Bond girl is one you feel sadness for after a demise, Green would be such an example, not the best Bond girl ever, but smart and sophisticated (if a little too much mascara) and felt genuine sympathy when she took her own life in Italy in a quite dramatic drowning sequence

Definitely not a great Bond girl, but I can definitely think of worse Bond girls than Hatcher. I thought Brosnan was very good in her death scene as he was quite angry and happy to kill Kauffmann after he did her in.

Plenty O'Toole grates on me, although the sequence with Connery on the gaming tables had resulted in a big belly laugh from me.
    Stacey Sutton and Mary Goodnight. They are DUMB!
    Johnson is also not good.
    Are we speaking of leading ladies or supporting characters.

My least favorite Bond girl overall is Lana Wood as Plenty O'Toole. I don't care if she is Natalie Wood's sister. She sucked big time.

My least favorite leading lady is Mie Hama. I'm sorry, but I found her wooden and wished that Akiko Wakabayashi's character had survived the movie.
    My least favourite is Denise Richards (Dr Christmas Jones) - closely followed by Britt Ekland's (Mary Goodnight) and Halle Berry's 'Jinx'.