Who is you least favorite Bond Girl?

12346»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That above all else, it basically it, doubtless mentioned before, in that -

If you're going to have a character named Pussy Galore at least make it believable or fitting, not have a character who's older than Bond (Connery) himself, and also dour, unattractive or lacking any sexy ingredients

They should of named Blackman, 'Pussy - No Thanks' :-<

I find Honor extremely sexy. She, like Berenice always has that sex appeal.
  • May Day (Grace Jones) I thought she was way too butch for a Bond Girl
  • PierceuhhhPierceuhhh Banned
    lol... here are my thoughts on ugliess Bond girls...

9cPkY.jpg
  • Least fav...

6.Holly Goodhead...unforgettable with a monotone delivered while chewing putty. And those gawd awful yellow jumpsuits...Lois Chiles was such a feminist but did she have to push that influence on the wardrobe? Why not have some bikini spacesuits?

5.Maude Adams's FIRST character...MWTGG...forgetable

4.5 Mary Goodnight...other found Christmas Jones annoying...MG did it for me

4.The b!#ch he sleeps with in Austria at the beginning of TSWLM...just looking for someone obscure

3.Bibi...there's a reason daddy still thinks you're a virgin...who'd put up with your whining

2.Stacy Sutton...far less believable than Christmas Jones ever was...plus...no tee shirt:-(

1. Jinx...such a disappointment

Obviously...I have a soft spot for Christmas Jones. I've always thought she got a bad rap. When she said I need to take care of these bombs 'or someone's going to have my ass' and Bond says first thing's first'...best line in the whole film.

And a pitch for Mayday. I couldn't stand her when I first saw the movie but soon realized I hated on her cause I couldn't stand the film. Actually, Mayday is one of the most exotic Bond girls ever.

And finally...Lupe vs Pam...it's Pam...hands down. Carrie Elews was just hot hot hot...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    lol... here are my thoughts on ugliess Bond girls...

9cPkY.jpg

I know we have been told not to feed trolls but hats off to the bloke for such an investment of time and effort merely in a pathetic attempt to try and wind some of us up.
    Mind you this smacks of someone in prison or institutionalised in some way with too much time on their hands but strangely impressive nonetheless.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    JamesCraig wrote:
    #1 Jiacinta Johnson
    #2 Stacy Sutton
    #3 Holly Goodhead
    #4 Pussy Galore
    #5 Christmas Jones
    #6 Kara Milovy
    #7 Natalya Simonova
    #8 Lupe Lamora
    #9 Camille Montes
    #10 Tracy Di Vicenzo

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME? 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 AND 10 ARE F***ING EPIC! But I agree with the rest. Although, I think you should put Bibi Dahl on there

How old are you if I may ask?

Changed opinion. Only 4, 6, 7 and 10 are F***ing epic.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 533
    I keep forgetting that many Bond fans do not like the idea of a woman of African descent being the main leading lady in a Bond film. Not only was Halle Berry the leading lady, she also had sex with Bond and survived to the final scene. She fared a lot better than other actresses of African descent in the franchise. Both Gloria Hendry and Grace Jones' characters bit the dust before their respective movies were over. Naomie Harris's character never had sex with Bond and she was demoted from field agent to secretary. They were safe. Halle Berry's JInx wasn't. Nor have they forgiven her for using black slang in one particular scene. No wonder she's hated.

I'm sure that many will claim that a) they're not racist; and b) they think she's untalented. I guess they can say it. But honestly, I will never believe them. I think racism has a great deal to do with the hostility toward Berry as Jinx.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,331
    DRush76 wrote:
    I keep forgetting that many Bond fans do not like the idea of a woman of African descent being the main leading lady in a Bond film.

Not True. I think the Majority are fine with it.

Not only was Halle Berry the leading lady, she also had sex with Bond and survived to the final scene.

Your point?

She fared a lot better than other actresses of African descent in the franchise. Both Gloria Hendry and Grace Jones' characters bit the dust before their respective movies were over.

Neither were Main Bond girl. So this point is irrelevant.

Naomie Harris's character never had sex with Bond and she was demoted from field agent to secretary.

Possibly out in the field in B24 but Shooting a fellow comrade during a hot pursuit is good and fair grounds for demotion.

They were safe. Halle Berry's Jinx wasn't. Nor have they forgiven her for using black slang in one particular scene. No wonder she's hated.

It wasn't just "Yo-Mama" for the reason she's disliked. Jinx had terrible lines. Such as...
    "I just don't like to be TIED DOWN."
    "BORN ON FRIDAY THIRTEENTH."
    "Errr Yeah I think I got the THRUST of It."
    "And our little friend with the expensive acne."
    "Psychedelic Light Mask."
    "Still the good guys huh?"
    "I'm so gooooood."

I'm sure that many will claim that a) they're not racist; and b) they think she's untalented. I guess they can say it. But honestly, I will never believe them. I think racism has a great deal to do with the hostility toward Berry as Jinx.

No. She was a poorly written character in general. Halle Berry is a fine actress in other movies. Any actress could have taken her place and the character and acting would be just as bad. Berry's race has nothing to do with the heavy dislike towards Jinx. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    As @Murdock says, Berry was not liked as a Bond girl due to a combination of a piss poor script and really terrible acting. Both the dialogue and the delivery are simply awful.

For the record, I don't actually think Berry is all that fine an actress. She had her one standout moment in Monster's Ball but her CV is filled with incredibly mediocre/bad films: Catwoman, Gothika, Perfect Stranger, Movie 43 to name but a few.

I don't know why her race is being brought up into the discussion. I think it's fair to say that most of us dislike Denise Richards just as much for her portrayal of Dr Jones. Is that also a race issue?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I don't know why her race is being brought up into the discussion.
    I can't comprehend it either. I've been watching the X-MEN films lately and she's quite underwhelming as Storm as well. I think it's safe to say that her body (which is amazing) has taken her a long way in Hollywood. It has nothing to do with race.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,331
    I think @DRush76 was trying to stir up controversy as she pulled this same exact shtick not too long ago. Making the same claims that were racists for hating Jinx and some idiotic crap like that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This thread is a bit ugly. Demeaning to women.
    (But Grace Jones it is.)