Bad decisions made by characters in the Bond movie's.

Comments

• Driving off the cliff to chase the plane in GE. I know hes Bond but this recklessly dangerous course of action gave him about a 1% chance of survival.

That scene is probably the most impossible event in the whole series (including Moonraker!!) I remember as a kid my sister told me about seeing that in the theatre with her husband- and their reaction to that part was '...really?'

It would have been much much better (and actually plausable) if Bond at least had his hand on the plane as it went over the cliff.
  • Some of these have made me laugh.

Some that spring to mind:

Bond and Tracy going skiing after there night in the barn. Why not wake early and drive to a telephone instead of going for a jolly ski when surely they would know Blofeld was after them?

Mr Wint and Mr Kidd leaving Bond in that pipe...a bit reckless isn't it? He could have woken up/have been found.
  • Some of these have made me laugh.

Bond and Tracy going skiing after there night in the barn. Why not wake early and drive to a telephone instead of going for a jolly ski when surely they would know Blofeld was after them?

Mr Wint and Mr Kidd leaving Bond in that pipe...a bit reckless isn't it? He could have woken up/have been found.

Re: Tracy and Bond: the car was out of gas. No?

• emmellcee wrote:
    Some of these have made me laugh.

I always thought they stopped because the snow was so bad and was blocking the windscreen?
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    emmellcee wrote:
    Some of these have made me laugh.

I always thought they stopped because the snow was so bad and was blocking the windscreen?

Look again and you'll see that the red fuel warning light comes on as they get to the barn. They're going nowhere in that car!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 11,425
    1. M ordering Eve to take the bloody shot.
    2. Mallory allowing M to stay another day in her job.
    3. Severine inviting Bond back to the boat, shagging him and then taking him to Silva.
    4. Bond taking M to Skyfall lodge and leaving his earpiece at the office.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, Silva blasting music out of the chopper was a dumbass idea.
    Y'know, Silva blasting music out of the chopper was a dumbass idea.

It seemed to fit the character. But of course you also just think of Apocalypse Now.
  • CR.

Bond shooting up an embassy, causing a big explosion then just leaving the guy he was chasing in the first place.

He got what he needed from the bag I suppose but he couldn't have know that could he? Unless he was just after the bag, but if he was, why did he keep the bomb maker with him for so long?

If all he wanted was the bag he could've just shut the door, knocked out everyone in the room then taken the bag and walked out of there.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    CR.

Bond shooting up an embassy, causing a big explosion then just leaving the guy he was chasing in the first place.

He just did that to get away.
    He got what he needed from the bag I suppose but he couldn't have know that could he? Unless he was just after the bag, but if he was, why did he keep the bomb maker with him for so long?

If all he wanted was the bag he could've just shut the door, knocked out everyone in the room then taken the bag and walked out of there.

As M said, MI6 wanted to question the bomb maker. He wasn't after the bag, but when the bomb maker was no longer an option, the bag became necessary.
    moonraker when corrine dufour is getting chased by the dogs she half assedly runs past the golf buggy, could have easily outrun the dogs and escaped.
    Sammm04 wrote:
    moonraker when corrine dufour is getting chased by the dogs she half assedly runs past the golf buggy, could have easily outrun the dogs and escaped.

Out run dogs in a golf buggy?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Getafix wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:

Out run dogs in a golf buggy?

A golf club might have been more useful.
    She could have hid inside the club house.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,341
    1. The Guards in DAD who after Jinx dives off the cliff, they leave this strange and armed man (Bond) alone.
    2. The guard in GF who sat next to Bond in the Aston Martin and let Bond drive. Bond should have been placed in the backseat of one of those sedans with two armed brutes on either side.
    3. Gobinda climbing out of that plane without a parachute to take on Bond in flight. Dumb move.
    4. Helga not just shooting Bond in her cabin when he was tied up and helpless.

• edited November 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Mr (urgh) Kil's decision to not shoot Halle Berry flat out and act like a little schoolboy instead by wanting to "use the lazer".
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    1. The Guards in DAD who after Jinx dives off the cliff, they leave this strange and armed man (Bond) alone.

Guard 1: "Hey, anybody notice the guy next to us with the gun?"
    Guard 2: "Sexy woman jump off the cliff..."
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    2. The guard in GF who sat next to Bond in the Aston Martin and let Bond drive. Bond should have been placed in the backseat of one of those sedans with two armed brutes between him.

He was probably thinking, "Y'know what? I've got the gun, and he can't possibly have something resembling an ejector seat in this car, so let's just take his, it looks nicer."
    Kincade and M waving a flash light about whilst trying to evade Silva and his henchmen.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Getafix wrote:
    1. M ordering Eve to take the bloody shot.
    2. Mallory allowing M to stay another day in her job.
    3. Severine inviting Bond back to the boat, shagging him and then taking him to Silva.
    4. Bond taking M to Skyfall lodge and leaving his earpiece at the office.

heheheheheheheeh.
    Corrine Dufour running into the woods to escape Drax's Dobermans rather than simply getting into the golf cart she came in and driving away, which would have been a much faster and easier getaway!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Again, golf cart. Think slow moving cart (even the fastest golf cart is still paltry compared to a dog) and very, very fast aggressive dogs ... it wouldn't have worked. She could have grabbed a club and climbed on top of it maybe or at least climbed a tree. I hate that whole scene, actually.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Eve, for NOT shooting at a stationary Patrice while he was on top of the train. He was right there, the least she could do is try. Then, the last two hours would have been Bond and Eve roaming the railroad tracks, telling funny stories and searching for the hard drive.
  • ListenToMeListenToMe Banned
    CR.

Yeah that scene has always puzzled me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @ListenToMe, first off, unique picture and username, by the way, haha. I think I say "Listen to me." in his voice every time someone won't listen to me.

Anyway, I think Bond wanted what was in the bag, but I'm sure he also believed he could make a quick getaway with Mollaka and interrogate him. I'm guessing he thought he knocked out the other man, until he hit the alarm and Bond was stuck in a situation where he needed to escape, but didn't want to leave behind a possibility of more knowledge: Mollaka. He was either going to be interrogated and captured, or killed. There was no other choice.

Plus, if you parkour pursue a man that long, ya gotta talk to him and commend his footwork. If he doesn't comply, put a round in his torso.
    Kerim wrote:
    Kronsteen should have been less arrogant.
    Oddjob locking the vault.
    Lt Hip fleeing the scene.
    Bond crawling into May Day's bed.
    Sanchez trusting outsiders (Bond).

At one point does Oddjob lock the vault?

Yes he's loyal to the end and it's strange he doesnt seem bothered about dying but he didn't go as far ad engineering his own death.

I find it more creepy than strange, and it actually makes Oddjob way sinister. Staying in the vault of Fort Knox to make sure Grand Slam is successful is commitment, fanatical zeal even, but in regards to what he values it is perfectly understandable.
    Sir Godfrey Tibbett' going out to wash his car.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Sorry double post
    This is a belter of a bad decision, Bond taking M to Skyfall Lodge to her death. Could MI6 have not just got M on a private jet or helicopter and got her out of the country to guaranteed safety.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    What I never could fathom is why Col. Moon/Graves decides to spend bilions of dollars on a space-laser, whilst he could've kept those and lived the life of one of the richest tycoons in history. Why bother about reuniting the Korea's under Northern rule why you could make a name for yourself in the west, no risk involved?
  • There's quite a lot of them but since I just watched Skyfall...

Severine bring Bond to Silva's island. He doesn't have much of a chance to kill Silva if he's arriving in handcuffs. Just felt like she didn't think it through.