007 Legends Announced

Comments

If you just played the first level then you should know that Goldfinger is by far the worst level. But I agree with you about the game being very thrown together
  • I don't understand the Felix complaints. I thought the guy was fine and besides, they recast the role all of the time.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I think I'm the only one that is really into this game.

Just beat the first LTK level. So frustrating. I didn't have any health for the final shootout and I died a gazillion times. Pam kept bitching "Come on James!" I wanted to throw my controller, brought me back go my childhood haha.

Anyway, I do truly like the game. I like the "story" because it's great to see Craig's Bond in all these classic scenario's. I like the gameplay: stealth, spying, shootouts,driving, skiing, and more. I love using the smartphone, watch, and pen gadgets. Classic Bond.

Great time. Really has me in the mood for the 50th.

i am enjoying it - but just in the way that i would enjoy a cover band... their reprisals of the greatest hits might not be totally up to standard, but it's an enjoyable experience...

i dont think this game is terrible - but it's not worth the money i payed for it.... it was quickly thrown together.... various parts of GF's smelting plant look 'similar' to the facility levels in GERL, as does the Ice Palace in the DAD level look eerily similar to the night club level in GERL as well - i guess thats my big problem with this game... maybe instead of giving us GERL, they should've spent 2 years and given us an above average 007L game..

• I don't understand the Felix complaints. I thought the guy was fine and besides, they recast the role all of the time.

I thought the guy was fine. Seemed like a Felix to me. But since they set this in the Craig-verse, it would have been awesome to see Jeffrey Wright storming Fort Knox and being comforted about Della in the same way it's awesome to see Craig's Bond and Tracy together.
  • using the smartphone, watch, and pen gadgets. Classic Bond.

Watch laser n dart pen sure, but what's classic Bond about running around "hacking" (I'm guessing that's what you do since that's what you did in Bloodstone) with a smartphone?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 774
    using the smartphone, watch, and pen gadgets. Classic Bond.

Watch laser n dart pen sure, but what's classic Bond about running around "hacking" (I'm guessing that's what you do since that's what you did in Bloodstone) with a smartphone?

Do you not remember the timeless scene in the film OHMSS where Bond whips out his iPhone 5?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 151
    I actually enjoyed the final two missions it surprised me how well they handled the two films considered to be the worst of the lot. i can only hope the skyfall dlc redeems this game..btw im looking for a few psn adds too play legends multiplayer my user name is karl6709 feel free to add me.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Volante wrote:
    Do you not remember the timeless scene in the film OHMSS where Bond whips out his iPhone 5?

Ah, yes, I remember it. It was right after he smothered himself with BULLSH*T!

I'm still actually blanking out on pen darts... I remember the wrist dart launcher from Moonraker, and the pen bomb from GoldenEye. As far as the smart phone goes, he'll probably do it in Skyfall.
  • zb007zb007 UK
    edited October 2012 Posts: 85
    Volante wrote:

That made me laugh a lot :)) I think the game is rubbish I am sure there will be people who like it though
  • zb007zb007 UK
    edited October 2012 Posts: 85
    Just finished the OHMSS level.

The handling of
    Tracy's death
    was amazing.

Really you think so i thought it was rather naff especially with the voiceover making no sense
  • Volante wrote:

Ah, yes, I remember it. It was right after he smothered himself with BULLSH*T!

I'm still actually blanking out on pen darts... I remember the wrist dart launcher from Moonraker, and the pen bomb from GoldenEye. As far as the smart phone goes, he'll probably do it in Skyfall.

It's not screen acuretz!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still don't have it :( and I was kind of hoping I would've it by now...
  • I'm still actually blanking out on pen darts... I remember the wrist dart launcher from Moonraker, and the pen bomb from GoldenEye. As far as the smart phone goes, he'll probably do it in Skyfall.

Actually I thought it was from MR, I haven't seen it in a while. I guess it's new then. Still, dart shooting pen sounds much more like a Bond gadget than a stupid hacker phone.
  • oo7oo7

Actually I thought it was from MR, I haven't seen it in a while. I guess it's new then. Still, dart shooting pen sounds much more like a Bond gadget than a stupid hacker phone.

isnt the dart pen from Never say never?
  • oo7 wrote:

You could be right. I'm not sure because the last time I watched NSNA it was late, I'd just watched OP and I was really tired.

Anybody who has the game: How's LTK? Did they butcher it as much as I thought? Is there any story to it or is it just "Felix is attacked so Bond blows up Sanchez's factory and chases him in a jeep"
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    How's moonraker, do you get to fight in space with the marines?
  • Murdock wrote:
    How's moonraker, do you get to fight in space with the marines?

Nope, that's one of things that bugged me! You fly out into space for less than a minute, and there are a couple of marines, but no big army....
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 9,779
    beat the game will get the Skyfall pac in November it was meh

I love the stealth stuff but it still wasn't as good as it could of been
  • oo7 wrote:

You could be right. I'm not sure because the last time I watched NSNA it was late, I'd just watched OP and I was really tired.

Anybody who has the game: How's LTK? Did they butcher it as much as I thought? Is there any story to it or is it just "Felix is attacked so Bond blows up Sanchez's factory and chases him in a jeep"

I've seen the entire walkthrough. I can tell you that's exactly accurate.

• I've seen the entire walkthrough. I can tell you that's exactly accurate.

8-|

What about the other films? Is Bond still tortured in DAD? Is Irma Bunt in OHMSS?
  • @thelivingroyale
    Honestly, they pretty much rewrote each movie to fit Craig's Bond. The worst part is that some of them just... ends abruptly. For example:
    In the Goldfinger portion, the level immediately ends after Goldfinger dies. No Bond helping Galore out, or them safely escaping their death. It just ends. And don't get me started on the LTK ending, that was the worst part.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    la·zy/ˈlāzē/
    Adjective:
    Unwilling to work or use energy: "he was too lazy to cook".
    Characterized by lack of effort or activity.

Synonyms:
    idle - indolent - sluggish - slothful - slack - shiftless-Activision
  • About DAD- So what exactly is the story? If Bond isn't tortured, is Miranda still in it? Are North Korea involved at all or is it just Graves on his own now?

I saw the GF level on youtube. So stupid.
  • @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Precisely.

@thelivingroyale
    I haven't played it yet, but from the looks of it, it looks like a random mission with no back story. Wouldn't be surprised if it was.
  • About DAD- So what exactly is the story? If Bond isn't tortured, is Miranda still in it? Are North Korea involved at all or is it just Graves on his own now?

I saw the GF level on youtube. So stupid.
    It's weird: Graves still works for the North Koreans, but it's never revealed he's Colonel Moon. I just figured they'd dropped that side-plot, but they his head-bust was still there in the Antonov. So, in the game we don't really know why he's helping the Korean's. Also, Bond never went on the diamond exchange mission, Zao is a complete stranger to him, and white Jinx explains Zoa got his shiny personality when a deal went wrong...

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    My idea on how the game can go, one mission at a time

Opening:
    Basically what it is right now with the whole Eve shooting Bond scene.

Goldfinger:
    1. This segment opens with Bond getting a massage from Dink to meeting Felix Leiter to investigate Auric Goldfinger. As Bond, you must use stealth into finding out Goldfinger's room and where to get a key. Then cut scene goes to Bond meeting Jill and when Bond goes to get champagne, he gets hit. Once he wakes up, he sees Jill dead and covered in gold. Bond meets with M on the phone and discusses with her on what to do about Goldfinger.

2. Bond meets Goldfinger at a country club where he bets with Goldfinger a recovered gold bar from WWII on a game of golf. The point of this level is to beat Goldfinger at golf and not allow him to steal said gold bar. Here, we meet Odd Job and his ever so sharp hat. Later, we will follow Goldfinger's Rolls-Royce to the airport into Switzerland and Bond will go follow him to check out his smuggling of gold.

3. He goes to Switzerland to investigate Auric Enterprises and tries to see what he can find about the missing Nazi gold bars, Mr. Goldfinger allegedly has. The level turns into a driving level, when he gets caught by Goldfinger's guards and tries to escape the area but runs into a building, where the level ends.

4. We see a cut scene of the laser scene where Goldfinger reveals that he will try to destroy Fort Knox, leaving America's economy on its knees and Goldfinger becoming very rich, and how he met Pussy (in Kentucky, rather than in an airplane). She helps Bond try to stop him but lies to Goldfinger to get her safe. He gets Odd Job to kill Bond but he escaped but Goldfinger gets him back soon after escaping.

5. Goldfinger takes Bond into Fort Knox to die while Odd Job keeps watch. This will lead to a fight between the two where Odd Job will get electrocuted after attempting to take back his razor brimmed hat. Bond will stop the atomic bomb with 7 seconds left, steals one of the Korean goon's gun, and helps Felix and the CIA stop Goldfinger's other goons.

6.As a celebration, Felix has Bond on a private plane to the White House to be congratulated by the President but Goldfinger hijacks the plane and attempts to kill Bond there on a plane. Bond gets into a fight with Goldfinger and kills him because, Bond shoots a window and because of decompression, Goldfinger is blown out of the plane. Bond helps Pussy try to maintain the plane's control to no avail, so they parachute out and hide from a searching Leiter for more pleasurable reasons.

PART 1/5 (or 6) COMPLETE
    99099929.png
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How the hell did Activision F-BOMB this up so badly? They literally changed every great aspect of the films and made them completely unrelated to anything Bond with the characters being the only thing carrying any semblance of the franchise. A game for the fans my Bond-loving arse.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I Knew this game would suck as hell.
  • To be fair, what they've done is akin to GoldenEye 2010, reimagining the stories and locations, but for each movie. The problem is they've marketed it as "the best moments from 007's 50 year history."