007 Legends Announced

Comments

• do we need to get 007 Legend to get Skyfall to download? or can you get Skyfall without 007 legend? and it is free? When do Skyfall get released? thanks I have not been catching up with the game

The DLC is on the disc, so obviously you will need to get the game to play the Skyfall mission. You can't just download it and play without first purchasing 007 Legends.

Hmmm. Here's the big question:

If you advance your console clock to, say, December 2012: will the Skyfall content unlock?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I believe with DLC like this, the developer has control over when the content is unlocked. Surely it wouldn't be that easy to unlock the SF content.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I believe with DLC like this, the developer has control over when the content is unlocked. Surely it wouldn't be that easy to unlock the SF content.

You never know. I know that some gamers unlocked costumes in the latest Spider-Man game that were timed to be released later by merely advancing their clocks....
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Creasy47 wrote:

You never know. I know that some gamers unlocked costumes in the latest Spider-Man game that were timed to be released later by merely advancing their clocks....

i just bought the game... on the back - it says..

"instructions to unlock FREE SKYFALL missions included inside."

.... so i looked in the instruction manual... and it says

"Free SKYFALL mission will available for download from the Xbox Live Marketplace (or the PSN if you own a PS3) soon after the worldwide release of SKYFALL. You must be online to download."

so.. it's not on the disc... so no matter what you set your console clock to, you wont get it because Activision wont release it as DLC until after Skyfall opens here in the states.

not really a spoiler... but the first mission is GOLDFINGER (i assume they will go through the films chronologically?) anyway, Kevin Kiner does a great job at taking some the classic Barry cues and updating them in the score (thus far)..

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,399
    early review of the game thus far - first impressions....

i had originally planned to open a 007 Legends Review topic - but i didn't want it shut down and have the mods redirect me here lol....

i do like that they used to train / bridge thing from SF, with Bond being shot and falling off the train.. and this game is sort of like Bond's life flashing before his eyes (in a sense)... opening titles are nice - and Arnold does a good job covering the GF instrumental...

but in terms of the game itself... first and foremost - there is no graphical improvement over GE:RL.. actually, in many ways, I would say GE:RL looks a little better, especially with rain and texturing... in the very first GF mission, the rain gets this blurry cloud/mist thing going on, which looks really bad.. but oh well - i didn't buy the game to study rain effects.... controls and gameplay are almost identical to GE:RL (no surprise).. they pretty much took the same engine and retrofited it to this game - hell, even some of rooms in Goldfinger's plant look eerily similar to those in the facility level of GE:RL (layout wise)... Goldfinger's voice over is atrocious - why they couldn't find someone who sounded close to him in the film - or actually just rip the dialog from the movie itself?? - they made him sound Russian, and it just doesn't go down easy at all...

the start of the second mission looks good from a texturing standpoint - there is some decent detail going on around this Fort Knox area... but one thing, and it might be nitpicking - but i noticed it right away, and it cheapened the look - all the american flags on the road leading up to Fort Knox are stiff as sheet metal... there is very little movement in them, and they are all positioned weird - i might be crazy, but if there is no wind, aren't flags limp? - they look spread out like the Moon landing flag - bizarre indeed - can't believe that passed inspection... though i am already sensing the rush job on this game - even for a year's worth of work it feels rushed... i'll stop for now.......... but overall, the game isn't terrible - it's more of the same... i enjoyed GE:RL, and for what its worth, i am enjoying this as well...
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/sKmV7-YDnrY?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/sKmV7-YDnrY?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So, for those that are picking the game up today: what are your thoughts?
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/L5DeXc2XA-w?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/L5DeXc2XA-w?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Won't be able to get my copy until tonight. I'll give impressions later
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    God damn. Even though I pre-ordered this with Amazon Prime, I won't be getting day one delivery. There was some sort of mix up and it won't be coming until Thursday at the earliest. Ugh...
  • So British Chap does not live in Britain then?
  • I'll be picking up my copy in a few hours. I'll leave a few impressions tonight, but I'm not doing a whole review.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 816
    I was returning a copy of Halloween II on Blu-Ray at my local multimedia store today (the company cut out all the gory good stuff :( ) They wouldn't give me a refund, but they would let me switch it for something else.
    Walking though the story I noticed something... with a horrible cover! You've guessed it: it was 007 Legends.

I picked it up (probably paid way too much for it, but I couldn't wait, and since I got 10 euro's of from the Blu-Ray it felt like I was paying less for it :) )

Anyway, just been playing it, and it's quite a fun experience. The updating is nice, as is the level design and dialogue.
    But you can really feel that they rushed this game, for instance the flags at Fort Knox are frozen in motion....
    Still, will be quite fun playing through this. I got a bit of an EA games vibe from time to time: Agent Under Fire (in Blofeld's underground lab), Rogue Agent (Fort Knox), Nightfire (Auric's plant reminded me of the skyscraper at some points :) )

EDIT: The soundtrack is also great, as the composer mixes the original themes from the movies into a contemporary score. He also seems to use music from other 007 films sometimes (I think I hear something close to TLD in the OHMSS level). I do believe they re-used music from Blood Stone when you go into Hand-to-Hand
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 43
    It looks like some of the flags are moving and some arent, in the gameplays I've watched. I think the cutscenes and the music will be the best thing!

Oh no not more reused music! The music when you die in single player and in multiplayer at the end of match is from Blood Stone too!

You mean like this at 4:06? Not sure if it's from Blood Stone or not.

• It's not out in the UK until Friday, so you'll be getting it a day early!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555

It's not out in the UK until Friday, so you'll be getting it a day early!

Well then...that explains my confusion. I've been looking at the U.S. release for eons. Perhaps I am getting it a day early! All I see on my receipt is I ordered it Oct. 13 and will receive it October 18.

Sometimes things turnaround.

I've skimmed the above video and can't believe how faithful they've been to the score. That's extremely exciting. Hand-to-hand seems well done also.

Cannot wait.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,107
    I was waiting for this to be released. But since I won't probably be getting this game until Friday, I thought I'd skim through gameplay videos on youtube. Looks more fun than Goldeneye. But I don't see much stealth in the videos. Investigative gameplay yes. Stealth not so much.

And like I feared, most all of the plots have been just thrown together, with you already, as Bond, having a lead on the villains when the gameplay starts.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    that review was terible. No way can it be a 5. I am waiting for an ign or gamespot review from a proper reviewer. I know it will be good.

I should have my game on thursday. a day early.
  • that review was terible. No way can it be a 5. I am waiting for an ign or gamespot review from a proper reviewer. I know it will be good.

I should have my game on thursday. a day early.

Likewise, apparently. Did you order from Amazon.
  • bad review, my god wasnt expecting that. Dont know what to do now. ???
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Did IGN suck up to it? I won't bother reading the review.
  • I think he makes good points, but one thing I don't get is this:

Why does he complain about it not being faithful and the gameplay being too COD like, but then calls GE Reloaded the the best Bond game since the original Goldeneye?

They gave it a 4.5, which is counted as bad.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 43
    No, they said it sucked.
  • ok, i take that back. lol
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    Goldeney reloaded was not the best bond game since the original goldeneye. lol. Everything or nthing i think was.

Sorry, for double post mods. first time in 3 weeks. . :( Ups
  • I think that review is a bit exaggerated. Yes it is a COD clone etc. but the cutscenes look like good recreations/re-imaginings of the original films and the music sounds great, the little details seem great, but Activision has made Eurocom push the shooter aspect because they know it'll sell.

To a casual fan, the nuances of the cutscenes and the music won't matter, but to Bond fans they will.

The sudden cut to the credits is very poor though. They could have had a JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN SKYFALL - Download in November!

Which, by the way, is out on Nov 9th on PS3 and Nov 20th on Xbox.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am glad to see IGN grow some stones. Did Greg Miller review it, or someone else? That's who I expect to suck up to Activision.