007 Legends Announced

Comments

I am an odd fan after playing through Goldfinger I am on OHMSS and it's fun honestly i Would be thrilled if Eurocom made a series of bond games FPS with Daniel Craig (DOING THE VOICE) and them redoing old films IF we also got 3rd person bond shooter with an original story line with Craig doing the voice
    Sigh... Bad reviews, but I can't say I'm surprised...

I still have it preordered and it's in the post, so this is perhaps the first time I have a Bond game, or any game for that matter, pre-ordered that I really have no excitement about playing...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TPM007 wrote:
    Sigh... Bad reviews, but I can't say I'm surprised...

I still have it preordered and it's in the post, so this is perhaps the first time I have a Bond game, or any game for that matter, pre-ordered that I really have no excitement about playing...

Don't let the bad reviews totally change your outlook on the game, just watch it next time you plan on spending $60 or so for a new video game. It's why I'll be waiting until this is in the bargain bin. I've learned the hard way in the past.

Initial impressions after playing through some of the Goldfinger mission.

First off, this is basically the same game as Reloaded so it pisses me off that reviewers are NOW pointing out its flaws just because "Goldeneye" isn't in the title. And don't give me that BS about paying off reviewers, grow up.

When I say the game is the same as Reloaded, I mean it. It was mentioned before but there are some rooms in Goldfinger's HQ that are ripped right out of Reloaded's facility level. You can tell how rushed this game was. The music is great, probably the best part of the game. Although some reused cues from Reloaded pop up. I'm glad I own this, as I'm a Bond collector obviously, but I'm very glad I traded in a lot of old games for this instead of spending 60 dollars straight up.

I have to wonder now how long EON is going to keep this up. They took the license away from EA after they couldn't make a CR game in time, and this looks to be the worst reviewed Bond game since 007 Racing or Tomorrow Never Dies. We'll see what happens. So overall, the game is better than any review will tell you, but a far cry from Eurocom's best efforts like Nightfire
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:

First off, this is basically the same game as Reloaded so it pisses me off that reviewers are NOW pointing out its flaws just because "Goldeneye" isn't in the title. And don't give me that BS about paying off reviewers, grow up.

The same thing happened with Modern Warfare 3: reviewers (and fans alike, it seems, by the Amazon reviews) finally noticed that COD hasn't changed.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    When I say the game is the same as Reloaded, I mean it. It was mentioned before but there are some rooms in Goldfinger's HQ that are ripped right out of Reloaded's facility level. You can tell how rushed this game was. The music is great, probably the best part of the game. Although some reused cues from Reloaded pop up. I'm glad I own this, as I'm a Bond collector obviously, but I'm very glad I traded in a lot of old games for this instead of spending 60 dollars straight up.

I only have a minor problem with reused rooms. If you're just planning on dropping in a random room and you've got better things to be programming, why not just retexture a room from the previous game? It saves a little bit of time. Music is different, however. Unless you're recalling a specific theme for a specific reason (much like the scene in OHMSS, when Bond's cleaning out his desk and pulls out things from past missions), music probably shouldn't be reused (also, unless it's a series theme, like the Bond theme).
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I have to wonder now how long EON is going to keep this up. They took the license away from EA after they couldn't make a CR game in time, and this looks to be the worst reviewed Bond game since 007 Racing or Tomorrow Never Dies. We'll see what happens. So overall, the game is better than any review will tell you, but a far cry from Eurocom's best efforts like Nightfire

As long as it makes them money, I give it a while.
  • bondbat007 wrote:

Meh :(

I thought I noticed that in one if the review videos. One of the first rooms from facility, but with better lighting.

Thank god I, like you, trade in for this. So it'll be "free." Hopefully, enough Bond to satisfy me.
  • I finished Goldfinger.

Length:
    It was fun, but I felt that it was rushed. 2 levels for each game is not enough. We start with a cut scene from Miami, then all of a sudden we are in Auric's factory. I think 3 levels would have been a bit better. That being said, I haven't finished the game, so the rest of the films may not seem as rushed.

Voices:
    It is definitely not Daniel Craig. Goldfinger's voice is decent. I am not complaining about it.

Gameplay:
    COD. That is all.

Graphics:
    Decent enough. The flags at Fort Knox don't move. Oh well. I was paying more attention to the fact that I was being shot at.

Cutscenes and Dialogue:
    :D

• Cutscenes and Dialogue:
    :D

Go on....
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    Most of the dialogue is taken word for word, straight from the films.

The cut scenes, such as the interrogation with the laser, are all in first person. It feels like I am sitting on the table awaiting my, well, gentleman vegetables, to be cut off with a laser.

Watching Goldfinger being sucked out of the window of the jet was taken straight from the movie. The cut scenes will make a Bond fan happy.

The only thing that was odd was watching Danny with Tracy. I think Tracy is cheating on Lazenby.
    Yes. The cutscenes and music are really great. If you're not getting the game, I suggest looking them up
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    Yes. The cutscenes and music are really great. If you're not getting the game, I suggest looking them up

I'm still getting it. OHMSS theme in a bond game.
  • I was watching some walkthroughs. Very pleased to see
    Dario in LTK.
    bondbat007 wrote:

EA voluntarily gave up the Bond license because they wanted to focus on games using their own IP. EON didn't "take it away."

I really hope the reviews are overreactions (as they were for QOS) since besides Goldeneye (Rare), the best Bond games have come from Eurocom. The Goldeneye remake (including Reloaded) was actually a solid game, far better than the COD games its based on (SP anyways).
  • SPECTRE wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

EA voluntarily gave up the Bond license because they wanted to focus on games using their own IP. EON didn't "take it away."

I really hope the reviews are overreactions (as they were for QOS) since besides Goldeneye (Rare), the best Bond games have come from Eurocom. The Goldeneye remake (including Reloaded) was actually a solid game, far better than the COD games its based on (SP anyways).

Finally, someone who agrees. Reloaded with great.

The reviews haven't mentioned MI6 OPS mode. That added tons of replay value to Reloaded. I'm finding it hard to believe the reviewer even fully vetted the game.

The irony is to review this game is to review an incomplete game. The final level hasn't been released. Played as a whole, with Skyfall, the game could feel completely diffrent.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,407
  • RC7RC7
    bondbat007 wrote:

Or watch the movies instead.
  • bondbat007 wrote:

That all sounds good to me.

So excited about playing a GF, OHMSS, LTK, DAD, MR and SF game.

I'm curious what the Skyfall mission will look like and how it will "wrap everything up."
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    bondbat007 wrote:
    First off, this is basically the same game as Reloaded so it pisses me off that reviewers are NOW pointing out its flaws just because "Goldeneye" isn't in the title.

That's what I thought. I read the IGN review, and they said the gameplay was too much like COD and it was unfaithful, fair enough, I thought. It'll just be a different reviewer to the one that did Reloaded.

But then he says Reloaded was the best game since the original Goldeneye. And Reloaded had exactly the same problems as this (the COD gameplay, it's not faithful to the film, etc).
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
  • The reviews sound good and some not so much. Different strokes for different folks

However, one thing bothers me is the boss fights. It didn't look good at all in the videos. I kind of wish they stayed with the button mash from GERL.
  • I cancelled my pre order. Will pick it up when it drops to sub £20. The PC version is £24 on Amazon which is a good price. Hoping that will also drop quickly so I can have it on PC and PS3.
    I do hope the game turns out to be a critical and commercial failure, just so Activision realise and get their ar$€s in gear and give us a decent 3rd person 007 adventure!

I have to admit though, I am looking forward to some of the driving levels of the game, should give some variety to the shooting and repetitive shooting gameplay.
  • RC7RC7
    TPM007 wrote:
    I have to admit though, I am looking forward to some of the driving levels of the game, should give some variety to the shooting and repetitive shooting gameplay.

They look dreadful.

• RC7RC7
    Seriously, I'd rather play this...

An 8 year old game modded by a fan.

• bondbat007 wrote:
    IThe music is great, probably the best part of the game. Although some reused cues from Reloaded pop up.

When you progress in the game, this just gets worse! Boss fights feature music from Blood Stone, and then in the Licence to Kill and Die Another Day levels, there's just whole sections that use Blood Stone music!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    bondbat007 wrote:
    IThe music is great, probably the best part of the game. Although some reused cues from Reloaded pop up.

When you progress in the game, this just gets worse! Boss fights feature music from Blood Stone, and then in the Licence to Kill and Die Another Day levels, there's just whole sections that use Blood Stone music!

in all fairness - there is nothing really noteworthy to recycle off the LTK soundtrack lol.
  • HASEROT wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

in all fairness - there is nothing really noteworthy to recycle off the LTK soundtrack lol.

I disagree. First of all, I love the soundtrack to Licence to Kill, always have! And the same way the composer incorporated elements of the soundtrack into modern tracks for the other movies, he could have used 'Pam' and 'Licence Revoked' and mixed them through. Or even compose a full south-american sounding score. He did this for the opening parts (sneaking around the temple), but then inside the lab, there is only the occasional piece of original music, and there he seems to mostly be inspired by TLD (I think he really only likes Barry).

Also, is it just me or is part of the plot to TLD used in the LTK level. You are hunting for a terrorist organization that's (IIRC) trading weapons for Sanchez' dope
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Nice to see PS3 owners get two extra characters.

For those who have nearly completed the game, is it confirmed as two levels per film?
  • oo7oo7
    two levels per film, not always a driving level per mission. the textures to the guns seems to be upgraded though I cant say what multi player is like as the servers have been down.
    hit detection is poor, I can be shooting people with the ak yet they dont react untill they fall over. rag doll effects are odd, shoot someone with the shot gun and they go a mile backflipping.
    as far as completing goldfinger i see NO STEALTH at all. one segment presented a stealth option then showed off how quickly it would be ended should one body get scene(this is not hitman)
    voice acting is quite dull. no sign at all of the ppk must only be the dlc exclusive at the minute. anyone know if its on the way to the store front to just buy?