12346»

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 645
    These are great, ROFL.

Bond-SNL.png

Big Bird, Muse and Daniel Craig, what more could you ask for? Right? ha
    Bond-SNL2.png
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, on second thought, I may skip out on having her join me in 'Sherlock;' I haven't seen any of the second season, and she is eerily skilled at guessing twists and endings to films, TV shows, and mini series. I can't count how many things her and I have watched together that she has called the big twist on in the past. I'll have to give her something mind-blowing, like 'The Prestige.'

Why not just ask her to...be quiet when watching a film or TV show? In a nice way, of course...

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, on second thought, I may skip out on having her join me in 'Sherlock;' I haven't seen any of the second season, and she is eerily skilled at guessing twists and endings to films, TV shows, and mini series. I can't count how many things her and I have watched together that she has called the big twist on in the past. I'll have to give her something mind-blowing, like 'The Prestige.'

Why not just ask her to...be quiet when watching a film or TV show? In a nice way, of course...

She doesn't talk through it, she just quickly blurts out what she thinks is the twist or the ending, and she is almost always right.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

She doesn't talk through it, she just quickly blurts out what she thinks is the twist or the ending, and she is almost always right.

I would love to hear her thoughts on a certain moment in Sherlock series 2. You should watch the whole second series, then rewatch them with her to see if she is right.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The only film I have yet to trick her on was 'Mindhunters,' and that's because I lied to her when she proposed a question, just so I could see if she could still figure it out.

I just might have to do that, though, so she doesn't ruin it for me. I have a feeling she will somehow now, but to keep things on topic, I'll let you know when we get to that stage, Brady.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited October 2012 Posts: 543
    Just watched it tonight. Wasn't too bad - DC was great with what he was given. The best part was the 50th Blu-ray bond girls advert, pretty hilarious!
    Sandy wrote:
    There is a promo video with Muse (well, they don't actually do anything, they are just standing there), I don't think it's been shared here before:

[url]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="nbcwidget" width="560" height="315" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&amp;vcmsMedia=1419926&amp;configId=27502&amp;wc=http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/widget/nbc/widget_2012.xml&quot;/&gt;&lt;param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&amp;vcmsMedia=1419926&amp;configId=27502&amp;wc=http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/widget/nbc/widget_2012.xml&quot; quality="high" width="560" height="315" align="middle" bgcolor="#000000" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>[/url]
    Does anyone know how I can download the above video? I've tried everything and it's driving me crazy!! I really want it for my collection.

• Could someone post all the Daniel Craig shots from between breaks. Those were the best parts. Some of them were avy worthy.
  • tqbtqb
    he looks much younger with longer hair.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Those photos were brilliant and is it just me or Craig is looking better than ever?
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    Some funny skits on the show
    best was definitely the Bond Girls ad
    and the final skit in the living was just terrible

Also, laughed at the photo with him with the teacup on his head
    HAHAHA
    just stupid..hahaha
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/07/saturday-night-live-with-daniel-craig-delivers-above-average-ratings/151860/?utm_campaign=WP &gt; Twitter&amp;utm_medium=twitter&amp;utm_source=twitter

This week's episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by Daniel Craig with musical guest Muse averaged a 4.5 rating with adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters. That's up a point and a half from the last new episode two weeks ago, which scored a 3.0 adults 18-49 rating.

via press notes:

* "Saturday Night Live," with host Daniel Craig and musical guest Muse (4.5/11 in metered-market households), dominated its time period. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, the "Saturday Night Live" rebroadcast averaged a 2.2 rating, 10 share in adults 18-49.

* "Saturday Night Live" was the #1 telecast of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in the metered-market households and the Local People Meters, outscoring all primetime programs on those networks.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Really well done. In another couple of years I wonder if Craig is asked back, should he want to do it again.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    That was terrible. Seriously, people laugh with that stuff?

The monologue and some parts of the Bond Girls ad were the only funny bits of the entire show.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm still yet to watch it. Should do so soon but I'm not expecting much.
  • Saw the Bond Girls bit and thought it was pretty good; not holding out too much hope for the rest of the show as I find SNL pretty un-funny most of the time...when there's a breakout performer on the show I usually find their stuff quite good and everything else...not so much.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,497
    "The Bond 50th Anniversary Blu-Ray Collection: the perfect gift for Dads OR Dads" =))

I watched the episode on HULU - but they cut out the opening monlogue entirely! Why?? Did it feature any Bond material that was copyrighted? Very strange, they never do that.

I honestly couldn't get through the episode it was so bad. The Bond girls skit was partially funny. I liked the Penny Marshall painted gold part. Dan looked incredibly akward and out of place throughout. I don't get what you guys mean, saying that DC was the best part - hardly. He was barely in half the skits. The season opener with Seth MacFarlane was hilarious, so it's not just SNL. DC just isn't very funny, so I don't think they had much to work with him as host.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SNL just hasn't cut it for years. I obviously never watch it because the writing at moments is so utterly horrid you can't help but laugh at yourself for watching such trash. Now there are more new than old faces, and everyone that made the show even decent have rode off into the sunset. Granted, I think people tuned in for Dan and Dan only, as he would be an interesting person to see in such a position. Other than that, it offers nothing. The skits are just horrible, and 5 year olds could write funnier material.
    JBFan626 wrote:
    "The Bond 50th Anniversary Blu-Ray Collection: the perfect gift for Dads OR Dads" =))

I watched the episode on HULU - but they cut out the opening monlogue entirely! Why?? Did it feature any Bond material that was copyrighted? Very strange, they never do that.

I honestly couldn't get through the episode it was so bad. The Bond girls skit was partially funny. I liked the Penny Marshall painted gold part. Dan looked incredibly akward and out of place throughout. I don't get what you guys mean, saying that DC was the best part - hardly. He was barely in half the skits. The season opener with Seth MacFarlane was hilarious, so it's not just SNL. DC just isn't very funny, so I don't think they had much to work with him as host.

This is, where people opinions are really split. I have followed the tweets all day, whenever I had time, and many more then not were favourable. DC Is funny, ask everybody, who ever got closer, but the writing wasn't up to it most of the time, I think. The one really bad skit on his behalf was the space ship. Other then that, he made the best of what was given to him. Like someone said, for this sort of game, he better plays the straight guy, who is reacting to whatever around him.

Like or not, all in all, it seems, he got cudoos for diving into it, when many didn't expect him to go all the way, like he did...
    Germanlady wrote:
    JBFan626 wrote:

This is, where people opinions are really split. I have followed the tweets all day, whenever I had time, and many more then not were favourable. DC Is funny, ask everybody, who ever got closer, but the writing wasn't up to it most of the time, I think. The one really bad skit on his behalf was the space ship. Other then that, he made the best of what was given to him. Like someone said, for this sort of game, he better plays the straight guy, who is reacting to whatever around him.

Like or not, all in all, it seems, he got cudoos for diving into it, when many didn't expect him to go all the way, like he did...

I do think DC has a sense of humor and can be funny, but perhaps, SNL wasn't the right place for him to bring that out. He's not a comedian first and foremost. So I think comic actors do a better job hosting SNL, because they are more experienced by having more comic range. No fault of DC's; he's a dramatic actor, and he played the fish out of water comedy pretty well. But SNL as a show is at it's best with a true comedian who can play off the skits really well. This week's SNL with DC wasn't terrible, it just wasn't very good. Give him credit for being up for the job - getting out of his usuall comfort zone and having a little fun. Can't knock the guy for that.