James Bond hosts SNL

Comments

Craig had a sort of Tintin vibe going on there.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    thanks, but isnt there any uploaded online, save downloading.. Has anyone uploaded this to youtube.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks @Germanlady.
    Sounds like he had abit of a disaster then? I'm in the UK so have not seen any footage other than the promo's for the show.
  • i tried to download this, then right at last second, it said.. intorupted. ???? isn't there any posted online.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Sounds like he had abit of a disaster then? I'm in the UK so have not seen any footage other than the promo's for the show.

No, not really. There were lots of positive tweets - much more then negative all day. I think, from what I saw and read, he did ok with it and those, who liked it appreciated his take on doing humor, which was the idea, I assume.

I read 3 articles, that were negative and 2 better ones so far...personally I enjoyed the promo clip best and those inbetween skit bits with him.
    i tried to download this, then right at last second, it said.. intorupted. ???? isn't there any posted online.

Sorry to hear. It worked for me. No, nothing online yet. But from what I know, its gonna be on the side 24 hours later.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    From what I read on twitter and other sides, there are enough positive comments but largely one has to say, the result seems to be underwhelming. Well - at least he tried. A friend of mine was at the rehearsals and said, he was very nervous, as was to be expected. He is the guy, who almost throws up when having to present at the Oscars. Sad, they haven't done any better writing for this episode. They could have made better use of him.

When did he almost do that??
    Germanlady wrote:
    From what I read on twitter and other sides, there are enough positive comments but largely one has to say, the result seems to be underwhelming. Well - at least he tried. A friend of mine was at the rehearsals and said, he was very nervous, as was to be expected. He is the guy, who almost throws up when having to present at the Oscars. Sad, they haven't done any better writing for this episode. They could have made better use of him.

Well, I was exaggerating a bit, but rewatch his two presentings and you will see, how he speaks very fast and in 2009 he is messing with his text 3 times and forgets one time, that he is due to speak and SJP had to do it for him. This is what I call "almost throwing up or wetting his pants" Mind you, I love his courage to do it nevertheless and this SNL took probably more nerve to do then any stunt he ever did.

The full episode will be shown Oct. 10 here
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/october-10-daniel-craig/1419914/#.UHGXKU6efX4.twitter
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Well, I was exaggerating a bit, but rewatch his two presentings and you will see, how he speaks very fast and in 2009 he is messing with his text 3 times and forgets one time, that he is due to speak and SJP had to do it for him. This is what I call "almost throwing up or wetting his pants" Mind you, I love his courage to do it nevertheless and this SNL took probably more nerve to do then any stunt he ever did.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/october-10-daniel-craig/1419914/#.UHGXKU6efX4.twitter

That is heavily exaggerated. Just because someone is nervous doesn't mean they are spouting a leak or upchucking. Regardless, I agree that this was probably tough for him, and that is why I admire him so much.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks for the intro and the whole episode. Not too bad and from what I hear a mixed bag was to be expected.

I'll watch it later today.
    The full episode works on the link you gave me @Germanlady. Is that because I am in the US, and it will be online for everyone else on the 10th??
    The full episode works on the link you gave me @Germanlady. Is that because I am in the US, and it will be online for everyone else on the 10th??

It worked for me! I'm watching it right now. Not exactly the kind of humour I'm used to but Craig's doing good!
  • Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

That is heavily exaggerated. Just because someone is nervous doesn't mean they are spouting a leak or upchucking. Regardless, I agree that this was probably tough for him, and that is why I admire him so much.

One of the things that I admire about Craig is that his Bond is so supremely confident, yet it's all acting.

With Connery's Bond you get the feeling that, well, he's just being Connery. Yet Craig in real life is apparently very different than his Bond, which makes the performance all the more impressive. For example, some actors try to portray a character who is tough and confident and they come across as trying too hard, like a little boy trying act act tough. Yet Craig has the conviction to make it real.

A reporter who has interviewed Craig was surprised at how "regular guy" he was, but also that he seemed a little vulnerable. Reading his body language she could see how nervous he was on the red carpet, and then when she interviewed him she noted how open and honest he was and that he wasn't the uber-macho guy she expected to see. The two things she said she was surprised by was that he was taller than she expected ("reassuringly tall" she said) and that he had a nervous giggle! I think that this side of Craig was on display during his opening monologue on SNL - he's speaking rather fast and there are a lot of superfluous arm gestures.

• cannot anyone who actualy donloaded it upload it on youtube, or anything. Just a thought.
    Sandy wrote:

It worked for me! I'm watching it right now. Not exactly the kind of humour I'm used to but Craig's doing good!

I'm glad! :)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    there must be a way of tricking your computer into thinking your from us. i know theres a way with firefox, but if anyone has any ideas plz let me know, thanks
    there must be a way of tricking your computer into thinking your from us. i know theres a way with firefox, but if anyone has any ideas plz let me know, thanks

Should work with a proxy server. I used to use that trick a lot but it hasn't been working anymore lately.
  • tqbtqb
    There are ways to download any streaming video- when it comes online (is it yet?) I'll try to download and upload when i get time.
    I posted this earlier

I thought SN had finished after Jim Belushi, Eddie Murphy and the Mike Myers era
    Can someone upload the episode on Youtube?
  • Just watched it (thanks for the download link @GermanLady, great quality!) and it was OK, some funny parts, but a little bland. I mostly liked the part that Craig wasn't in I'm afraid (not because of him, but because the sketches with him where rather dull), I laughed my @ss off during the painter bit, the political sketches where funny, I liked the Bond 50 bit, and the bit with the British stereotypes was alright. And Big Bird was funny in an unnecessary way.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Are there any streaming links online? If not, I'll just wait until the 10th to see it, although the episode doesn't seem to be that great.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Are there any streaming links online? If not, I'll just wait until the 10th to see it, although the episode doesn't seem to be that great.

I thought you were going to watch it the night of?
    edited October 2012 Posts: 40,513
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I was, but my girlfriend and I had a huge 'The Walking Dead' marathon, and it was 11:40 PM by the time I realized I missed it, and I hate jumping into things late.

Plus, season two of 'The Walking Dead' is getting great, and I want to finish it so I can introduce her to the lovely world of Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock.'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I was, but my girlfriend and I had a huge 'The Walking Dead' marathon, and it was 11:40 PM by the time I realized I missed it, and I hate jumping into things late.

Plus, season two of 'The Walking Dead' is getting great, and I want to finish it so I can introduce her to the lovely world of Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock.'

You'll have her quoting Irene until the cows come home... 3:-O
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, on second thought, I may skip out on having her join me in 'Sherlock;' I haven't seen any of the second season, and she is eerily skilled at guessing twists and endings to films, TV shows, and mini series. I can't count how many things her and I have watched together that she has called the big twist on in the past. I'll have to give her something mind-blowing, like 'The Prestige.'