James Bond hosts SNL

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Side note, Daniel Craig was just on Jimmy Fallon here in the States. A Skyfall clip was shown where Craig is scaling the digger on the moving train. Not only that, but it featured some of Newman's score
    (which, by the way, had a great Bond theme rendition).
    Hopefully it'll be uploaded on YouTube in the next couple hours.

Edit: it is available on the Skyfall clip thread!
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4069/skyfall-official-clip-thread#Item_3
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    And just for that, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you are Batman.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    And just for that, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you are Batman.

Well, I'm short a few billions, but...I try. ;))
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Does anyone know what time GMT it will air? the NBC site isn't working for me...
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    There is a promo video with Muse (well, they don't actually do anything, they are just standing there), I don't think it's been shared here before:

[url]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="nbcwidget" width="560" height="315" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&amp;vcmsMedia=1419926&amp;configId=27502&amp;wc=http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/widget/nbc/widget_2012.xml&quot;/&gt;&lt;param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&amp;vcmsMedia=1419926&amp;configId=27502&amp;wc=http://video.nbcuni.com/core/current/widget/nbc/widget_2012.xml&quot; quality="high" width="560" height="315" align="middle" bgcolor="#000000" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>[/url]
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,107
    I hope someone posts this online soon. Been waiting this and EON : The Untold Story of 007 all day. With any luck both will be online as soon as I go to sleep and no where to be found when I wake up...
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    I'm watching it live as I type. Good god this is pathetic. Daniel Craig is good, but these sketches are cringe worthy. Now I remember why I never watch this show.
    Craig is very funny so far but some writing is terrible this week. Hopefully Weekend Update is good
  • Terrible SNL week, though I love seeing Obama finally get his.

Craig hasn't gotten to do anything worthwhile. Monologue was good.
  • tqbtqb
    come on, i laughed
    God, I can't take this England sketch. American views on us are so cringeworthy.
  • robboadam wrote:
    God, I can't take this England sketch. American views on us are so cringeworthy.

This show is so bad...
    robboadam wrote:

Yes that sketch was terrible but the point of it was to put all the Brtish stereotypes out there. It's not what we REALLY think lol.

And Criag was quite funny in that girlfriend sketch
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    I cannot believe Daniel Craig did this show. I feel embarrassed for Craig and I both. That girlfriend sketch was terrible. I did enjoy Muse though. Good band.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 224
    bondbat007 wrote:
    robboadam wrote:

Yes that sketch was terrible but the point of it was to put all the Brtish stereotypes out there. It's not what we REALLY think lol.

That's good to know, haha.
  • tqbtqb
    hahah lighten up you brits :)
  • Bloody awful.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Dan with all my heart, but holly flipping Flemings that was bad. Horrible cast, amateurish writing, pathetic skits, and boring music. Dan was literally the ONLY good thing about it, the only reason not to change the channel. It reminds me of the Brosnan era. A great guy getting screwed over by bad scripts. I am sorry Dan got involved with this drivel. Now I know more than ever why I never watch.
    Yes final verdict is that Craig was very funny and great to see and I hope he hosts again. But after two strong episodes in a row from SNL, this was VERY badly written and Craig did great with what he had. His monologue was very funny
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Yes final verdict is that Craig was very funny and great to see and I hope he hosts again. But after two strong episodes in a row from SNL, this was VERY badly written and Craig did great with what he had. His monologue was very funny

He does very good voices. I have never really seen that from him before.
    Yes. Best example was that construction worker sketch which I found sorta funny
    Usual SNL - the first 30 minutes or so are kinda good and after that the show goes to hell. I found the construction scene and the Bond girl parody thing pretty funny. But after that, the show tapered off.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    SJK91 wrote:
    Usual SNL - the first 30 minutes or so are kinda good and after that the show goes to hell. I found the construction scene and the Bond girl parody thing pretty funny. But after that, the show tapered off.

Yeah, the only moderately okay bit was the Weekend Update, as it usually is.
    SJK91 wrote:

Yeah, the only moderately okay bit was the Weekend Update, as it usually is.
    Right you are. After Weekend Update, you're pretty safe in turning it off and not missing anything.
    I haven't seen the show yet - obviously - but here is the opening monologue and IMO, there is nothing wrong with it.

http://www.gossipcop.com/daniel-craig-snl-monologue-2012-video-killed-movie-characters-in-memoriam-saturday-night-live/
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    The opening monologue was fine, but through no fault of Craig's the rest of the show was meh. Dan was in a construction worker, space crew, British pub and girlfriend sketch. They were at best so-so. The only part I liked was the Bond 50 Blue Ray spoof. Hippopotopussy. Haven't really watched SNL in a while and now I remember why. Give me the original, late 80's, 90s and early millenium cast any time.
    From what I read on twitter and other sides, there are enough positive comments but largely one has to say, the result seems to be underwhelming. Well - at least he tried. A friend of mine was at the rehearsals and said, he was very nervous, as was to be expected. He is the guy, who almost throws up when having to present at the Oscars. Sad, they haven't done any better writing for this episode. They could have made better use of him.
    Germanlady wrote:
    I haven't seen the show yet - obviously - but here is the opening monologue and IMO, there is nothing wrong with it.

http://www.gossipcop.com/daniel-craig-snl-monologue-2012-video-killed-movie-characters-in-memoriam-saturday-night-live/
    No that wasn´t bad at all I think. Thanks for the link, @Germanlady.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I liked that monologue @Germanlady!