James Bond hosts SNL

gt007gt007 Station G
edited August 2012 in News Posts: 1,182
"Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will host the season premiere of "Saturday Night Live" on Sept. 15 with musical guest Frank Ocean. This will be both the comedian and singer's first time hosting and performing on the show.

NBC announced in a press release today that the legendary comedy show's 38th season would kick off with MacFarlane and Ocean followed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who will host for his second time on Sept. 22. Mumford & Sons will make their debut as musical guest on that episode.

The following episode will take place Oct. 6 after a week-long hiatus and feature "James Bond" actor Daniel Craig with musical guest Muse. It will be Craig's first time hosting the show as well.

"SNL" is likely to have several new performers join the show this season given that Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Abby Elliott have all decided not to return. Longtime cast member and resident Mitt Romney impersonator Jason Sudeikis is also said to be considering leaving the cast.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/seth-macfarlane-host-snl-season-premiere-frank-ocean_n_1839097.html

Comments

• edited August 2012 Posts: 11,425
    A sign that Bond is about to start enjoying himself a bit more?

Hope so!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A very good day too! Wonderful news, let's hope for some Skyfall clips and extras.

Why can't the musical guest be Adele? ;)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:

Because Muse are much better and would be a better choice for the SF theme ;)
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Its a bit of a longshot, but what if they are doing the theme and they premiere it on the show?

If they waited for the olimpics oppening ceremony to kick off the PR for the movie, they could easily be waiting for a similar oportunity to announce the performer of the title song.
  • BenBen
    @Treefingers I was thinking that, however watching SNL isn't legally available in the UK from what I know and so I'm not sure if they would exclusively release to the US.
    Hmm.. So no SNL on the UK?? :-?

Well that renders the theory useless wouldn't you say?

Alas, It would have been great
  • BenBen
    You never know, they still might do it.
    I've never seen SNL in the UK on any channel, it might be, could just be looking in the wrong place.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:

Because Muse are much better and would be a better choice for the SF theme ;)

I wish they were ;)

Not necessarily. If they were to play the theme ( [-O< ), I think it would have been released before and the performance in SNL would just increase the hype!?
  • This is awesome news! I've been thinking about what kind of guest hosts they'd go for since a good group of members are moving on from the show. I thought I heard that Seth Meyers was leaving also?
  • I'd pretty much accepted it was Adele, which I wasn't happy about, but now this has given me hope. Please let it be Muse!!!

Nah, it's not on in the UK. I only know the show exists because of the Sean Connery Jeapordy clip on youtube.
    I recently toured the SNL set in New York. Can't wait to watch Craig!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This is awesome news! I've been thinking about what kind of guest hosts they'd go for since a good group of members are moving on from the show. I thought I heard that Seth Meyers was leaving also?

Off-topic welcome back @TrueMiracle85!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    This will be interesting. Can't wait to see it.
    Sandy wrote:
    Not necessarily. If they were to play the theme ( [-O< ), I think it would have been released before and the performance in SNL would just increase the hype!?

Well that's a good point. Who knows really? we still got two months.

edited August 2012 Posts: 191
    This is awesome news! I've been thinking about what kind of guest hosts they'd go for since a good group of members are moving on from the show. I thought I heard that Seth Meyers was leaving also?

Off topic, but...

If AS is leaving I wonder if the other two 'lonely islanders' are also leaving?

I've always wanted Jorma to become a part of the cast as opposed to just a writer.
  • Sandy wrote:

Off-topic welcome back @TrueMiracle85!

Thank you @Sandy! :\">
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This is very interesting indeed.
  • tqbtqb
    From when Brosnan was on the show
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81736625/

I'm excited!
    Not long for the Skyfall theme!
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Well, sounds like Muse doin' it, doesn't it. But what makes me skeptical is that they announced the tracklist of their new album long ago and it will be available in September. I simply cannot imagine someone composing a Bond tune and not putting it on a perfectly timed album.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited August 2012 Posts: 4,312
    The title tune may not be called Skyfall, though, just like in the past (All Time High, You Know My Name). As said in another thread, Muse were not very successful with their Olympics track and the album seems to be a concept album where every track has a purpose. Therefore either the track is not on the album or it really is Adele.
    I echo all those who are hoping Muse have got the gig. Adele is just too obvious a choice.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I echo all those who are hoping Muse have got the gig. Adele is just too obvious a choice.

Their anthem for the Olympics was really shyte, so while I like the boys they have not impressed me with their recent work (Don't mention their Twilight title song it was a turd too)

This will show me up as the old codger that I am but I cannot name a single MUSE song.
    Well, hoping, yes. I believe "The Resistance" to be a superior theme. But they would never not take the chance to call a song "SkyFall"
    I hope they're doing it, but i'm a little worried it will suck, i too am not keen on their lateat stuff, and the trailer they released for their new album isn't giving me much hope with all that dupstep shit, but who knows.
    Okay, there will be a preview of the new album next week in Cologne. So it's save to say they're now quite unlikely. All the beautiful Bond Day theory falls apart...
    tqb wrote:
    From when Brosnan was on the show
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81736625/

I'm excited!

Oh boy, that was BAD.
  • I remember seeing that when it first aired, and have to admit that when "Spartacus" came in with the trident and net I lost it...and laughed even hard when he said he'd been lifting weights and doing cocaine all day and was "ready"...
    Oh god, NO. That show should have ended 20 years ago, Dan should have stayed clear.