Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

Everybody has an opinion...and that's fine. But why is there so much Oscar talk lately regarding Skyfall?
    We haven't seen the movie, not even heard a full version of Adele's song! Surely it's a bit premature talking about the Oscars? Especially regarding Bond...

But I agree that if all comes together, it could really be a special movie and a great time for a Bond fan! However, I wait til I hear and see it!

Not long to go anymore guys! :-)

Well, uhm, I saw that interview from this BBC-journalist with Paul Epworth....and he openly said the song has got Oscar-worthiness. So why not enhancing the buzz a bit :-).

Roll on tomorrow and Global James Bond Day! What i would like to see is an additional Poster, the release of the IMAX trailer, and listen to the complete version of Adele's song! :D
    00Zenon wrote:
    Ok, I'm abit confuzled here,
    I'm from Perth Australia, which puts me 7 hours behind UK
    The countdown on Adele site is saying 7 (<- hehe) hours remaining
    But when I calculate it it says that I have at least 12+ more hours...
    What's going on, am I doing something wrong?
    Is it worth staying up all night...to find out the site lied?
    :\

It's coming out on iTunes - but iTunes stores around the world change over at midnight so for a release in the UK at midnight to be a genuine premiere they must have changed the release date to October 6th for all iTunes stores east of the UK. (otherwise it'd already be available in New Zealand and therefore all over the internet ahead of the official time)
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    w2bond wrote:
    00Zenon wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    I'm in Sydney and couldn't figure it out, so I'll be staying up and refreshing MI6 Community every so often.

My computer is saying 2 hrs 20 mins to go...!!
    But it's wrong :(

I believe in Australia, it will be released Fri Oct 4 9:07am EST

I think that will be at 7am for me
    Which is still quite cool!!

• 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    Volante wrote:
    00Zenon wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    00Zenon wrote:
    The countdown on Adele site is saying 7 (<- hehe) hours remaining
    But when I calculate it it says that I have at least 12+ more hours...
    What's going on, am I doing something wrong?
    Is it worth staying up all night...to find out the site lied?
    :\

I'm in Sydney and couldn't figure it out, so I'll be staying up and refreshing MI6 Community every so often.

I think I will do it anyway, even with uni early tomorrow,
    worth it for Bond of course!

Are you also as peeved off about the release date as I am?

So annoyed, a full month to wait? We're not a foreign language market or anything like that, absolutely ridiculous.

I know right,
    Always happens, that how I spoiled CR and QoS (luckily I'd read CR, so no major spoilers, and QoS ending was fairly average anyway)

Ahh, if I wasn't a poor uni student I'd fly to Singapore or something to see it,
    disappointed in Sonys marketing scheme here...
    :(
  • I just check the Australian itunes Store and the song won't be released on there until the 6th.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    lol. ! Sorry, i had too. only 9 and half hours to wait, come on!.
  • 666747844.jpg?key=1280960&Expires=1349362950&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=q1P5DakPpnQ23timzbv15d7pSZeIcesV290b1r64aLzZJEylhuq2t~FWqj4JVeyADbHTosz0vKlttLFjQjNzXi1jG4wSU7gy9PffJUqpgFuJiTZs55bqtf-zvldxpsz1Zsj5F-VzppmuxL1i6g8WuNktXH4BWhZQewqCj7XH4vY_

I wish there countdown was accurate
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Less than 007 Hours remaining :D
  • Seriously f**k the Oscars. I couldn't care less about SF winning Oscars.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Epworth didn't say the theme was Oscar material. Lizo brought it up and pretty much expressed that such a notion maybe too presumptious bit of course stated that if it did get an Oscar that would be great but like he said, the song wasn't made to bait Oscar recognition. He, Adele and Newman simply did their jobs and hope they can deliver.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    AussieBond wrote:
    I just check the Australian itunes Store and the song won't be released on there until the 6th.

Same here...
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    OK, so is this gonna be today @ 4:07pm PT?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    doubleoego wrote:
    I've been trying to avoid this thread like the plague, but it seems there's just no getting away from the damn thing, so I'll be quick, this will probably run and run until Armageddon or Dinosaurs once again roam the earth, but I only need to comment the once and I'll try and keep it decent

So we have a confirmation that the Adele kid will do the song for James Bond 23. My reaction on this was one of distaste, frustration, disappointment, it was all those things. I don't appreciate her music, think she's highly overrated, too much hyperbole over a singer I simply don't rate and think it was another lousy choice by those responsible in making the decision. All I can see is a duplicate of some of the crap garbage entries we have recently endured, talentless singers such as Keys and even Madonna in 2002, but we all know she is actually a very good artist, but that years effort was abysmal. I can't see any change for this year. I haven't heard the actual Adele kid theme song yet, there's no sense in that, as we'll be going to see the Skyfall release in a few short weeks, and we'll wait 'til then, I don't wish to hear what is on offer before time, we'll take our seats in the theater and see (or hear) just what is presented, but I'm not one for rushing in in a frenzy like some participants, and it would just be a major spoiler for me, I think I may only need to hear it the once and that should be enough. It's just not an artist I can recognize, and no fan of the "singer", or any of her work, OK, she may be the epitome of greatness to some or the greatest thing since electricity, but it doesn't work that way for everyone. It's merely a preference. With any luck she'll maybe indulge in some more candy bars and explode, but it seems the damage has been done

I'm not out to upset anybody, but I can't be insincere with this, it's merely for me, what I truly feel is another upcoming poor theme song for Bond in recent years. Not who I wanted for this, but it seems somewhere, somebody, just recently for James Bond, has a penchant for artists totally devoid of talent and awful whiny women, that may be appreciated by some stone deaf sixteen year old girls, but this for me, is another Bond theme failure. If we can't voice our opinions, then what's the sense of any discussion boards anywhere on the 'net ?

This (thread) may invariably run and run until the year 2024 or something but that's all I have to say on the issue. I'm guessing there's other areas of James Bond we can explore or discuss. At least it's out the way now, and in more ways than one

I appreciate where your coming from but you pretty much discredited yourself after making a personal insult about Adele, pretty much insulting people who do appreciate her music by calling them 16 yr old girls and then are now hiding behind your weak reasoning of voicing opinions as well as making it clear you have no intention to return to this thread. A simple statement of you voicing your disappointment would have sufficed. Just out of curiosity, I'd be personally interested to know which artists you would consider to be talented and worthy enough to get you excited about a Bond theme.

Well if you go here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3544/who-would-be-your-worst-and-best-choice-for-the-skyfall-theme-song/p2

and scroll 7 posts down you can see who Baltimore_007 thinks shouldve got the gig!!

Phil Collins and the boys would really have got people excited and been commercial gold for EON.

Genesis!! Unbelieveable! Honestly thats one of the funniest things I've read all year.

For all those of you out there who are a bit porky or stone deaf just be grateful you arent afflicted with Baltimore_007's taste in music which is a far greater disability!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    MartinBond wrote:
    Less than 007 Hours remaining :D

Haa, nice. Looking forward to it. I am hoping that the song has a real high note, something realy thrilling. Its good so far however.
    5 hours to go :bz
  • 5 hours to go :bz

Allows one to have a slow hard one.

doubleoego wrote:
    Epworth didn't say the theme was Oscar material. Lizo brought it up and pretty much expressed that such a notion maybe too presumptious bit of course stated that if it did get an Oscar that would be great but like he said, the song wasn't made to bait Oscar recognition. He, Adele and Newman simply did their jobs and hope they can deliver.

Sorry, I formulated my answer wrong. I was referring to Lizo off course. He brought it up. Just like I am doing. Presumptious? Absolutely. But a good sign? Definately.
    The song leaked.
    The song leaked.

No it hasn't, at least not the full song.

The preview was leaked as soon as the 1st but that's it. I can't seem to find any evidence otherwise.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The song leaked.

The preview was leaked as soon as the 1st but that's it. I can't seem to find any evidence otherwise.

Well, I've just heard the full song. ;)

edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    eh? I heard my uncle saying he had heard the full song on the radio...

[edit] Listened to the first 30 seconds, and it sounds very take 1-ish, very echo-ing
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The song leaked.

Can't believe I opened my computer in the exact moment you were posting this. French RFM? I'm listenning to it, sounds much better than the preview :D
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The song leaked.

Well then. I'm impressed. It's not anywhere on google/bing/youtube under past hour.

I like it :)
    I want to wait untill midnight! Be strong, Bond, Be strong...
    The chorus is disappointing. And I fail to hear the full '77 piece orchestra'. But it's what the preview previewed so I like it.
    AAAAAARGHHHH :D !!! Please let somebody download it into mp3!
    AAAAAARGHHHH :D !!! Please let somebody download it into mp3!

Already did. Hold on. Not sure where I could upload it?
  • wow, so i didnt have to wait till 12. still going to listen to it at 12 without radio.
    get the link and go to soundcloud-download.com ;)