Could Pierce Brosnan feasibly come back to do a Bond after Craig leaves?

Comments

No but Moore coming back seems very feasable ;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The only way that it could have happened - in my mind anyway - is if CR had been a gigantic flop. Like, one of the worst flops in the franchise history, such as taking in only $50 million at the box office. Only then could I see them bringing back Brosnan for "one last film" in the more "light" style a la DAF. But not only was CR a huge hit, the new style was very well received by both critics and audiences.

As much as some of Brosnan's supporters deny it, he was not let down by bad scripts and would not have delivered an amazing performance if only given better material. Each of his films gave him lots of emotional "meat" to work with and he wasn't able to capitalize on it.
    So if Craig left and somehow Brosnan did one more film in the future it would have to be a throwback to the style of his films from the 90's.

Eh, like when? Any of the more intense scenes were complimented by pretty good performances, some exceptions aside.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    Brosnan would have to have an unparalleled career renaissance in the action genre for anyone to even consider the idea.

So basically, become Sean Connery.
    NeengPoh wrote:
    I woudl do anyything for Brosnan to return
    OMG you must be joking :-((
  • Everyone here knows I disliked Brosnan but even putting those feelings aside that idea would terrible.

Even if for some bizarre reason EON decides to cast Brosnan after Bond 25, after the man publicly trashed them on numerous occasions, the very earliest it could possibly be released would be 2018, which would make Brosnan 65 years old. Would even his die-hard fans want to see a senior citizen as James Bond? It just won't, not should it, happen.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    not even remotely possible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Everyone here knows I disliked Brosnan but even putting those feelings aside that idea would terrible.

Even if for some bizarre reason EON decides to cast Brosnan after Bond 25, after the man publicly trashed them on numerous occasions, the very earliest it could possibly be released would be 2018, which would make Brosnan 65 years old. Would even his die-hard fans want to see a senior citizen as James Bond? It just won't, not should it, happen.

Brosnan has a reason to be angry at EON. He isn't complaining about the money LIKE SOME OTHER BOND ACTORS, but is instead angry that he got the boot out of nowhere when EON gave him no warning, and he was left to assume his fifth Bond film was green lit already. And the scripts and what EON did with Bond in his era made it impossible for Pierce to do the Bond HE wanted. Which is a shame, because he could have been a damn good cynical and forceful Bond.
    I'm afraid brosnan won't be back as bond to all the brosnan fans.
  • oo7oo7
    I'm surprised activsion have not tried to get brosnan back for a game or dalton for that matter
    Feasible? No.
    Interesting? Perhaps, having an old Bond facing some new mission. A bit like Rocky Balboa.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If Brosnan could make the action believable like Neeson in 'Taken,' then maybe. But, I just don't see a film like that happening and keeping the success and hype of the series still afloat like it is for SF now.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Brosnan in another action film that isn't in the world of Bond. He has some thrillers coming out soon, but a nice action movie would certainly draw me in.
    Bring Brozzer back? There isn't enough hair dye in the world to achieve this..

In the words of Vic Reeves "they just wouldn't let it lie.."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    As Bond? no.

As a spy in a different movie? Yes! I was saddened and annoyed when I found out he wasn't in Johnny English: Reborn. which is kinda why I haven't seen it yet.
    would love to see something so off the wall like that, but I doubt it would happen.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    No. That wouldn't happen and realistically shouldn't happen.

But I could see Brosnan doing a "rival" Bond film ala. Never Say Never Again.

It seems the man has moved on from his Bond days - and good for him.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The film wouldn't need to wait until after Craig's tenure as I doubt EON would make it. I do like all those ideas of Bond in his 50s/60s, getting called back etc. but it could only be in an unofficial Bond film. I would pay to see it, but at the end of the day, I would rather EON had just slipped in another Brozza film before CR. One can dream.
    I still have a feeling that had Brosnan gone out on a better film he would be regarded better by hardcore fans. True there are those that never liked him but I do remember seeing an old Mi6 page pre CR where many fans were saying he should come back
  • It will never happen, ever.

But if it did happen, I think he could do it believeably if they mention his age. I had an idea for a 3rd Dalton Bond film with it being Bonds last mission.
    Well it your dreams. Now Once when Daniel Leaves after his 2 more Bond movies they more on Bond No'7. Brosnan will be in his 60's soon. Only way to shut Brosnan fan up is make an unofficially Bond movie that all I got to say before he turn 60.
    I like Brosnan, but NO. His time was great but is over.
    I am afraid Pierce will not return but maybe Bond will.
    What a silly idea. He was a mediocre Bond to begin with, now you want to see him replace Craig? And ignore the fact he's old! FAIL.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Lord help us!

This is the stuff of nightmares.

May be they could do a living dead spin-off - sort of a riff on LALD, but with Bond as a zombie this time.

Having said that, I think Brosnan has already given us his zombie Bond.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Brosnan had his time, 4 films and he failed to grasp the character. I don't see what good a 5th film (made12 years after his last, it would have to be released in 2014) could do. Especially with Brosnan having considerably aged. He was looking over the hill and down the ice cliff in DAD.
    lewisblake wrote:
    I was thinking that it would be cool if, after Craig left after the next 2 Bond movies, Brosnan starred in an OHMSS style one off Bond movie (kind of like Diamonds are Forever or even Never Say Never Again too I guess). Brosnan could star as a much older Bond in his late 50s/early 60s who has become a gun for hire and MI6 could call him back into service due to corrupted elements inside MI6 and the rebirth of SPECTRE? Tarantino has harped on about how he would have made a Bond movie, but with Brosnan instead of Craig - so Tarantino could even direct?
    I have nothing against the Brozzer, but I would much rather have Dalton back, than Pierce.
    Apart from that, I think things like getting a retired agent back into the service are a waste of time. They just distract from the plot. Bond films and ageing don´t make sense together. Just look at AVTAK, how Moore, maybe apart from his face, looks way younger than in OP. The way he holds his body for instance. In the scenes where he runs through the night in sweat pants and shirt, he looks rather juvenile more than anything else.

I believe Bond would never really retire. Even if he was in his 70's he would be drawn back into the action if he was given the chance to track down an arch-enemy or save the world one more time. He would do less running and more driving, less hand-to-hand fighting and more shooting, more relying on his wits that his brawn. So I think Brosnan could play Bond if he wasn't trying to act like a 30 year old. But I don't think that would put bums on seats. I see the producers looking at a much younger Bond next time to get a wider and younger audience.
  • I personally feel that we have just started to enjoy Daniel Craig as Bond. Their is yet so much he have I believe to bring to the role of a modern day James Bond. I'm very interested to see his interpretation of the Bond of 2012 in Skyfall. They have to keep Bond fresh and I believe Ian Fleming would've wanted to give Bond a makeover and have some one like Daniel Craig play Bond. I'm just happy that Bond movies have withstood the test of time and a whole new generation of Bond fans have arrived. James Bond is a timeless role. Also, it is alot bigger than all of the actors that have played 007.

chilling...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Everyone here knows I disliked Brosnan but even putting those feelings aside that idea would terrible.

Brosnan has a reason to be angry at EON. He isn't complaining about the money LIKE SOME OTHER BOND ACTORS, but is instead angry that he got the boot out of nowhere when EON gave him no warning, and he was left to assume his fifth Bond film was green lit already. And the scripts and what EON did with Bond in his era made it impossible for Pierce to do the Bond HE wanted. Which is a shame, because he could have been a damn good cynical and forceful Bond.

Some of the things Pierce said though were out of line. He overstepped the mark many times.

As for him coming back, of course not.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

Some of the things Pierce said though were out of line. He overstepped the mark many times.

As for him coming back, of course not.

What has he said?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Have a look through the archives and elsewhere but trashing EON, telling them to, well you can guess. Not nice things really and not very professional as much as it hurt Brosnan at the time.