Could Pierce Brosnan feasibly come back to do a Bond after Craig leaves?

Comments

• Getafix wrote:
    Nice piece in today's Guardian about how amazing TLD is.

Apparently, according to this guy, Tim could even do funny. Surely not?

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sgJ_lxhp4bRN0XkxrBkdEvQ/view.m?id=15&gid=film/2012/oct/05/living-daylights-favourite-bond-film&cat=film

That was cool. Summed up TLD pretty well.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    lol I love how this turned into a Dalton thread!

I too loved the article. Nice to see some appreciation for Dalton on a place that isn't all Bond-related. Sometimes it feels like the 'general public' forgets about him.
    lol I love how this turned into a Dalton thread!

I too loved the article. Nice to see some appreciation for Dalton on a place that isn't all Bond-related. Sometimes it feels like the 'general public' forgets about him.

There are a faithful few waiting for his return!

It's just how the early Christians must have felt. Pilloried and persecuted by the majority, but keeping the faith alive during the dark days.

Or may be not.
  • This seems to have turned into a Dalton appreciation thread lol which is no bad thing....just making an observation lol
    that's probably why i dislike brozza's bond so much - in my mind he stole the role from one of the best Bonds and denied us another great Dalton performance.
  • I wouldn't say he stole it, Dalton did leave on his own to be fair, even though he was pressured out (I think).

I was upset when Dalton didn't return but I still enjoyed GE and Brosnan is now my 2nd favourite Bond.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,425
    i respect your ability to share your love between dalts and brozza. i hope you don't take it personally when i say i really don't understand how a dalts fan can like brosnan so much. or rank brozza above sean or even rog, laz and craig.

i guess that's what makes this site interesting!

• At 0:40-- that's a kick in Dalton's nuts, isn't it! [-(
    Dalton did leave on his own to be fair, even though he was pressured out (I think).

To be frank, this could happen to any of them, it happened to Dalton and it happend to Brosnan, so none of them is secure,. I haven't followed this thread, because I thought, the title even is utterly ridiculous, but was curious about the last posts and where it lead to.

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I think Brosnan could do another but will it happen? NO. If he were to do another it would probably be something more like "Never Say Never Again", not part of the MGM franchise.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @Getafix To be honest lots of people seem confused when I say I love Dalton and Brosnan because they are pretty different, but I like how every Bond is different. Makes things more intresting. Dalton was badass, but if every Bond was like him it'd be boring, I like how Bond changes.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Dalton did leave on his own to be fair, even though he was pressured out (I think).

To be frank, this could happen to any of them, it happened to Dalton and it happend to Brosnan, so none of them is secure,.

I think Brosnan was just outright fired. And he was told he was getting a 5th film, like I said before, it'd be like turning up for work and finding out you'd lost your job.

Dalton left on his own because it had been years and the series wasn't going anywhere, and the studio thought he wasn't popular enough but Cubby liked him and wouldn't fire him.
    I think, you are on a positive fantasize journey, if you think Dalton left on his own.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, you are on a positive fantasize journey, if you think Dalton left on his own.
    Do we have a conspiracy??
    /:)
    Germanlady wrote:
    I take it, you are not asking this seriously. So - no answer...

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    I take it, you are not asking this seriously. So - no answer...

If I use an emoticon I am usually not taking it seriously. Others times, only emoticons can explain my feelings when words can't. I'll leave it to you to decide which corresponds to this instance. >:)
    Germanlady wrote:

No it's true.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/history_press_dalton_resignation.php3?t=&s=articles&id=02480

The studio might not have liked him but unlike Brosnan, he did leave on his own.
  • Brosnan looks great for his age in that pic!
    some people have such a personal dislike for Dalts and so little appreciation for his Bond that they cannot conceive of a any scenario other than him being sacked.
  • He looks his age IMO.
    Getafix wrote:
    that's probably why i dislike brozza's bond so much - in my mind he stole the role from one of the best Bonds and denied us another great Dalton performance.

and irony i dislike craig's bond so much because in my mind he stole the role from one of the best bonds and denied a redeeming 5th Bond film for Brosnan
    Getafix wrote:
    some people have such a personal dislike for Dalts and so little appreciation for his Bond that they cannot conceive of a any scenario other than him being sacked.

he didnt get "sacked" he requlished the role because of the waiting peroid and the fact that he didnt want to get typecasted
    though tenchially according to The Everything or Nothing video game John Cleese said that the producers choose to have the video game instead of the movie so a movie with brosnan was planned but Babs and MW decided to go with a longer wait with a diffrent Bond...shame because Everything or Nothing would have made an excellent Brosnan Bond Film...i mean William Dafoe as the villian would have been epic
  • 002 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

he didnt get "sacked" he requlished the role because of the waiting peroid and the fact that he didnt want to get typecasted

@Getafix Knows he didn't get sacked I think, he was having a dig at people who think he was.
  • I think it was in a supplement or magazine I've bought recently that Simon Pegg said his favorite Bond was actually Dalton saying that he was doing a by the book edgy portrayal of Fleming's Bond before Craig, but when people weren't quite ready for that kind of Bond.
    Peggy is right. Dalts doesn't get the recognition for having trodden a lot of the same ground as DC already. That said, you could say that it was ground trodden by Connery.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Getafix wrote:
    Peggy is right. Dalts doesn't get the recognition for having trodden a lot of the same ground as DC already. That said, you could say that it was ground trodden by Connery.

And Lazenby and Moore in FYEO :p

It's the way Bond films seem to work. I suppose the difference was that Dalton went a step further and actually studied ALL the books.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,767
    Getafix wrote:
    Apparently, according to this guy, Tim could even do funny. Surely not?
    I remember clearly how nobody would believe humor would work with Craig, and now just look at his monologue on SNL. Why shouldn´t have Dalton worked his way in too? Just because Moore lines didn´t work with him doesn´t mean he couldn´t be funny.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:

He jumped before he was pushed.
    That might be true but he did jump. He wasn't fired.
    lewisblake wrote:
    I think it was in a supplement or magazine I've bought recently that Simon Pegg said his favorite Bond was actually Dalton saying that he was doing a by the book edgy portrayal of Fleming's Bond before Craig, but when people weren't quite ready for that kind of Bond.

That's cool. I wonder if that's why Pegg cast him in Hot Fuzz?