Could Pierce Brosnan feasibly come back to do a Bond after Craig leaves?

Comments

acoppola wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Now that Daniel Craig has brought acting gravitas back to the role only Tim Dalton could make a credible return if the situation were to occur. I wish his 3rd film that never happened doesn't just exist in my mind. I've had dreams about it.

The missing third film torments me to this day. A squandered opportunity and Cubby wanted him despite naysayers. Dalton is the closest to Fleming and fits the physical description to an extent.

This is crazy but they could use Dalton and digitally make him younger. Why not?

There has to be a computer program that could make the entire film with CGI elements or maybe someone could put together some clips of him; the outline for the script exists here on this site, doesn't it? You could get some actors to act it out and do VO. They have done that with some of the missing Warner Oland Chan films using still shots and hired actors. Pretty cool in fact.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    MrBond wrote:

[/quote]
    That was SO cool!!!!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I KNOW!!! Have you seen the red carpet pics from that stupid Tinkerbell movie he recently did voices for? His hair is long again!! Makes me want him back even more!!!

A little bit of a trim and Bond is BACK

Tinkerbellprem1.jpg
    Seriously, Dalton looks fantastic. He had a recurring role on Chuck and while I've never seen the, it is is spy related and he looks great in the clips. He could totally do another Bond film. Let's start a petition!
    Can the Daltonites make a thread CAN DALTON COME BACK INTO THE ROLE OF 007 AFTER CRAIGS DEPARTURE?

This thread is aimed at the succesfull follow up of Timothy Dalton and it seems only fair that he gets his own thread on this subject with his own ramblings from his fans that seem to purposly try to hijack every Brosnan thread with their hero. O:-)
    24108433.jpg

says it all really...
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    SaintMark wrote:
    Can the Daltonites make a thread CAN DALTON COME BACK INTO THE ROLE OF 007 AFTER CRAIGS DEPARTURE?

This thread is aimed at the succesfull follow up of Timothy Dalton and it seems only fair that he gets his own thread on this subject with his own ramblings from his fans that seem to purposly try to hijack every Brosnan thread with their hero. O:-)

Fair enough. Though the Brozzas will only say Pierce should come back on the Dalts thread!:) All said and done, it must be damn hard for any Bond actor to watch another one replace them. And then hear all the negativity of their tenure. That is the downside of playing Bond. Only Connery is bullet proof!

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I can't believe this thread is still going. Come on, Brosnan couldn't do one now. That's all there is to it.
    personally i don't really care how old the actor is as long as they put out a decent film and the guy playing Bond is good to watch, obviously if the age factor was worked into the script and we saw Bond past his prime but still getting the job done, i think that would actually be an intruiging premise.
  • oo7oo7
    I dont see any bond returning for a film. RADIO DRAMA or VIDEO GAME. yes but sadly it seems these are untapped resources.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The_Reaper wrote:
    The idea is ridiculous of course but so what? That's what these forums are all about: Bond fans spouting off their fantasies and the rest of us using our imagination to either agree or shoot them down with viciousness. :-))

Brosnan fans (and I am lukewarm about his era) should be satisfied. He did four films, twice as many of Dalton so he had his chance. It pains me whenever I think about what could have been with Dalts and the fact he never got his third is one of the biggest disapointments for me in the world of film. So be thankful Brosnan got as many as he did when there are more deserving men who either never got their chace or were shortchanged their run. [/quote

Well said that man.
  • Maybe Moore or Connery should come back too??
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    no he would fail
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 669
    I wish Brosnan comes back for once more. But, HELL Tatantino must stay away from the franchise I hold dear to me, otherwise, I'll shoot him myself. LOL!!
  • Tarantino? Oh, my God. That would be even a worse Bond movie than Licence to kill... Tarantino is probably the worst movie maker EVER!!
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,243
    Tarantino? Oh, my God. That would be even a worse Bond movie than Licence to kill... Tarantino is probably the worst movie maker EVER!!

LTK is Tarantino style before Tarantino. The scene where Bond kills Killifer is so Tarantino. In fact Killifer looks like one of the guys from reservoir Dogs and is dressed similar.

I must say that some parts of LTK are Reservoir Bond. LTK was shocking to the same film censor in the UK who banned Reservoir Dogs on home video. LTK was initially goven an 18 certificate and cut to a 15. It was the sadism that the censor was unhappy about.

Felix is only treated slightly better than the infamous torture scene in Reservoir Dogs.

• 002 wrote:
    24108433.jpg

says it all really...
    What, that the creator of the meme is an idiot?

• Tarantino? Oh, my God. That would be even a worse Bond movie than Licence to kill... Tarantino is probably the worst movie maker EVER!!

Exactly, he's the worst movie maker ever!! Ridiculous dialogues, ridiculous scripts, idiotic cinematography, everything that a six year old kid could think of.
  • Tarantino is a student of film, so I have no doubt he's intelligent about the series and the genre`, but yeah, one gets the feeling if he attempted to make a James Bond film it'd likely be cocked up.
  • Tarantino is a student of film, so I have no doubt he's intelligent about the series and the genre`, but yeah, one gets the feeling if he attempted to make a James Bond film it'd likely be cocked up.

I feel the very same about it.
  • acoppola wrote:
    LTK is Tarantino style before Tarantino. The scene where Bond kills Killifer is so Tarantino. In fact Killifer looks like one of the guys from reservoir Dogs and is dressed similar.

Yes, but the Licence to kill is also the worst Bond movie!
  • acoppola wrote:

I don't find that to be true. For me, Moonraker carries that distinction.

• Moonraker is actually quite a good movie. Of course, it MUST be. Jaws is in it, after all!
  • Moonraker is actually quite a good movie. Of course, it MUST be. Jaws is in it, after all!

Be part of what makes it hard for me to sit through. I just don't prefer James Bond as a superhero, fighting super-villains.

edited November 2012 Posts: 1,243
    acoppola wrote:

You are just stating your subjective opinion. There are those who do the same thing when they say CR 1967 is the best Bond movie.

LTK is a standout of the series and took huge risk which at the seemed to backfire but later was a bravery that the Craig era took in a modern direction.

Moonraker has some great moments but even the producers admitted that the Bond in space theme was a dangerous misstep and took Bond literally down to earth in the next film.

Jaws is a pantomine villain that was aimed at children. I loved Moonraker when I was 11 years old.

• I still don't understand why some people hate Moonraker. It's one hell of a Bond film. And has everything what it makes Bond BOND!!!
  • acoppola wrote:

Bonds best friend is tortured by an escaped drug lord (and his friends wife killed), and so with all the usual gadgets, girls and one liners, Bond goes rogue to assassinate the drug lord. After failing, he decides instead to try and take out the drug lords organisation from the inside, but the trouble is the drug lord is an insane evil genius who vaules loyalty over anything (even blowing up the head of a man he thought was a traitor). After sleeping with the villians girlfriend and teaming up with a hot ex pilot, Bonds cover is finally blown and after battling a henchman on a cocaine grinder he destroys the drug lords lab then takes out an oil tank truck convoy led by him, destroying his entire operation. Bond finishes things off by burning the drug lord alive with a lighter given to him by his friend, then after getting his job back he gets off with the hot pilot.

Even typed out it sounds awesome. And in a series that includes such masterpieces as "the bad guy is a korean turned white guy with a robo suit and a giant laser" and "a french pussy is stealing water, time to stop him Bourne style", you honestly think LTK is the worst?
  • JamesBond wrote:
    I still don't understand why some people hate Moonraker. It's one hell of a Bond film. And has everything what it makes Bond BOND!!!

Never worked for me (even when it first came out). Just too darn silly for my tastes, and a long way away from the Bond of Fleming's books that got me interested in the character in the first place. Moonraker the book I find to be one of the better Bond books; Moonraker the movie is about what I see as a wholly unbelievable character doing wholly unbelievable things. I just was never able to suspend my disbelief while watching it.

• acoppola wrote:
    Nothing to do with reality? Why do you think SF is the biggest Bond film since the 60's heyday?
    acoppola wrote:
    You are just stating your subjective opinion.

Hrmfff... Need I say more about stating once opinion as though it were a fact...

About Moonraker, I never said it was my favourite, I just said that it was a good Bond movie.

The reason why I dislike LTK is that it is far too dark and violent.
    Moonraker is actually quite a good movie. Of course, it MUST be. Jaws is in it, after all!

Be part of what makes it hard for me to sit through. I just don't prefer James Bond as a superhero, fighting super-villains.

SF showed flipping 007 as an almost Terminator and that is better?

Moonraker is still a great movie with some fun setpieces but it does have a very dark heart. The women in this movie either die awefull or almost very awefull (a very scary Jaws in Brasil wants to bite a neck). And has its lovely over the top moments. And I do dislike the dove moment, but if that is the worst than by all means.............