Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I hope they're wrong. I'm still holding out hope for Muse, since it's probably them or Adele.

But then didn't Tony Lewis say only very few people have been right? Everyone has been predicting Adele or Muse.

So, maybe it's an instrumental, not many have been predicting that?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's great, because it can only be a total fabrication - which will make them look like idiots - once the song is released, or they're totally right, and lucky enough to have already heard it.
  • All I want to know is if the title song will be used in the general soundtrack to give the movie musical identity. Past that, I'm not concerned who is singing the title theme. But an instrumental would be a refreshing change.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    All I want to know is if the title song will be used in the general soundtrack to give the movie musical identity. Past that, I'm not concerned who is singing the title theme. But an instrumental would be a refreshing change.

I'm with you. Even though i had my hopes up for Bublé.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Looks like we could have our first UK number one Bond song, if this is true and I see little reason to doubt it. 10 days to go.

With the words 'sky fall' featuring in the chorus maybe for the first time in a long while, the work Skyfall will appear on screen as they're being sung. An Oscar nomination can't be bad either.

It would be great if @jetsetwilly's friend remembers any of these lyrics.
  • I hope they're wrong. I'm still holding out hope for Muse, since it's probably them or Adele.

But then didn't Tony Lewis say only very few people have been right? Everyone has been predicting Adele or Muse.

Yes, thats what he said. It was a question i asked him when he said that. Thats the most i could get. lol. Maby its neither of the rumours. If so, then it will be a big suprise.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I just downloaded the song, and it doesn't sound that bad. It's just the "supremacy" bits I don't like, it's way to high-pitched compaired to the rest of the song.
  • Tony Lewis @MusicEditorUK just tweeted: @BriggonSnow no-one's mentioned Rolf Harris yet. I can confirm he's singing the #skyfall title song
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    jwxbulldog wrote:
    Tony Lewis @MusicEditorUK just tweeted: @BriggonSnow no-one's mentioned Rolf Harris yet. I can confirm he's singing the #skyfall title song

=))
    Sandy wrote:
    jwxbulldog wrote:
    Tony Lewis @MusicEditorUK just tweeted: @BriggonSnow no-one's mentioned Rolf Harris yet. I can confirm he's singing the #skyfall title song

Skyfall to Heaven! Living legend!
    =))

Listened to Muse - Supremacy on youtube, not that Bond-esque. Elements of Bond but I wouldn't like it that much as the theme.
  • Just listened to that muse song and apart from the music at the beginning which sounds like quantums music the lyrics are sung way to slow to be catchy. But the bond sound is there so must of been thinking along those lines with it. Just glad that won't be the song for the film I hope.
    The song sounds familiar and in style opens more like the MI music. It has indeed some Bondian feel to it. But it just does not feels that original.

Like the Olympic song, or the Twilight song I have heard better from Muse. ANd if we get Muse I want better.
  • Bond Supremacy .....never ever will that be the Bond song. Can u guess why?
    Bond Supremacy .....never ever will that be the Bond song. Can u guess why?

Something to do with the fact that the Bond24 will be the Bond identity? :D

• SaintMark wrote:
    Bond Supremacy .....never ever will that be the Bond song. Can u guess why?

Something to do with the fact that the Bond24 will be the Bond identity? :D

• EiragornEiragorn Hessia

That was because it was ruled out by the ominous but almighty Tony Lewis very early. He tweeted the existence of vocals.

Regarding the Muse Supremacy: They would surely take the chance to have a song boldly called Skyfall up their sleeves and are too clever to have a title with Bourne connotations. I understand (and even partly support...) the request for a Bond theme by Muse but for an anniversary I think it's better suited to have a song that truly celebrates the Bond theme legacy defined by Dame Shirley Bassey. So go, Adele! And btw, I hope we will never see such a profane leak of a Bond theme. This song needs the big stage from the announcement on.

But everyone (including me!!!) is getting really paranoid about that certain topic and the big black hole surrounding it. I can't recall a Bond movie that had so few music rumors than this one!
  • All this talk about alternate/rejected theme music made me relisten to Dame Shirley Bassey's "No Good About Goodbye" (I don't care want anyone says, it has the main motif of QOS and uses the word "solace" for god sake. It's not a common word).

What a classic Bond tune. Really wish it would've been official so it could go down in the history of tunes.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 140
    I think Supremacy would be a perfect end credits song. The guitar riff kicks in as the screen cuts to black. How badass would you feel walking out of the theatre? Plus the little Bondy guitar riff at the end would be perfect for the "James Bond Will Return" line.
  • All this talk about alternate/rejected theme music made me relisten to Dame Shirley Bassey's "No Good About Goodbye" (I don't care want anyone says, it has the main motif of QOS and uses the word "solace" for god sake. It's not a common word).

What a classic Bond tune. Really wish it would've been official so it could go down in the history of tunes.

I am under shock. I never knew a real "Quantum of solace" title song existed! Thanks for mentioning it.

OK, that might be off-topic -- but I immediately checked iTunes, listened to the sample, and bought the song. Wow! Arnold and Bassey -- true Bond material. How on Earth could the producers go with that crap called "Another way to die" . . ? And why did they not put "No good about goodbye" on the album? They put "Surrender" on the initial the "Tomorrow never dies" release, right?

Did Arnold produce an unused entry for "Die another day", as well?

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I´m a bit late, perhaps, but this is from 17th sept:

310468_522096924471585_674919369_n.jpg
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 774
    Germanlady wrote:

I hate bad journalism. Headline says they turned it down, rest of the article just says that they thought their song was perfect and they didn't know who was doing the title song. Just stupid.
    Yes - they should be sued way more ofte.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Just found this guys.

Adele's James Bond theme song to be called 'Let The Sky Fall'?

Lyrics in the chorus allegedly include: "Let the sky fall/ Let it crumble/ We will stand tall/And face it all/ together."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a408353/adeles-james-bond-theme-song-to-be-called-let-the-sky-fall.html
  • ggl007 wrote:
    I´m a bit late, perhaps, but this is from 17th sept:
    Another in the hundreds of copies of The Star's story (including the original Showbiz411 story) over the last 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. I do think it'll be Adele--it's not Muse unless they're lying under orders from EON, and Roger Friedman will have MAJOR egg on face if the latest Showbiz411 stories are wrong--but despite that tweet it's *NOT* 100% confirmed till it comes from MGM, Sony, EON, and/or Adele's camp. (I myself have said 99.9% & up, but that's still not 100%.)
    Just found this guys.

Adele's James Bond theme song to be called 'Let The Sky Fall'?

Lyrics in the chorus allegedly include: "Let the sky fall/ Let it crumble/ We will stand tall/And face it all/ together."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a408353/adeles-james-bond-theme-song-to-be-called-let-the-sky-fall.html
    Copied from the most recent Showbiz411 story (link RE-posted by Goldenball a few posts up), which itself is inconsistent as to the song's name; it uses "Let the Skyfall" in the title, "Let The Sky Fall" in mid-article, and "Skyfall" (for song, NOT movie or score) at the end. I thought you were in the "it's not official till EON says so" camp???
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    The Showbiz411 story is dated 09/25.

The tweet from Golden Globe Awards (official!) is dated 09/17...
  • One site claims its called Let the Sky Fall, while another says its called The Sky Is Falling. . http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/adele/365142-adele-james-bond-skyfall-song-title-revealed
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    1227749_090930094715_Asterix_Falling_Sky_01.JPG

Couldn't resist :D