Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• lol, skyfalling.jpg
    =))
    ggl007 wrote:
    The Showbiz411 story is dated 09/25.

The tweet from Golden Globe Awards (official!) is dated 09/17...

Showbiz411 have run a number of stories, their original one, which was almost certainly the source for the Golden Globe story ran on 09/13.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/13/confirmed-adele-all-set-for-james-bond-skyfall-song

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I heard yesterday from someone at Sony that it would be announced/released on James Bond day. So that's why it's been so tightly sealed.
  • I heard yesterday from someone at Sony that it would be announced/released on James Bond day. So that's why it's been so tightly sealed.

Cool. Thats great news, ..... once again doubleonothing.. sorry. :(
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    What is baffling me is that with all this constantly dripping out, if it is Adele then why dont EON just confirm it, rather than suffer this release by a thousand tweets so to speak.

If it is some stubborn desire to try and delay to Oct 5th in an attempt to give the moribund Bond day a shot in the arm then its misguided because by then if they announce with a big fanfare 'Its Adele' the public and media will just give an exhausted 'meh - we've known for months' and not bat an eyelid.

So maybe its not her and they are loving this smokescreen and are about to do a cheeky Cruyff turn and leave us all flat footed as they announce its been Dame Shirley all along?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What is baffling me is that with all this constantly dripping out, if it is Adele then why dont EON just confirm it, rather than suffer this release by a thousand tweets so to speak.

If it is some stubborn desire to try and delay to Oct 5th in an attempt to give the moribund Bond day a shot in the arm then its misguided because by then if they announce with a big fanfare 'Its Adele' the public and media will just give an exhausted 'meh - we've known for months' and not bat an eyelid.

So maybe its not her and they are loving this smokescreen and are about to do a cheeky Cruyff turn and leave us all flat footed as they announce its been Dame Shirley all along?

Wouldn't that prove interesting?

This thread is giving me so much entertainment, though.
  • Creasy47 wrote:

Wouldn't that prove interesting?

I realy dont know what to believe anymore. I was convinced it was Adele, but now im having second thoughts. Just like Creasy said, why would they wait till the 5th, if the rumours are true. We are just going to have to wait and find out on the 5th. I just hope that it is definitly going to be reveald on bond day, i cannot take much more...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    They'll release the song on the 5th as well, that way "it's Adele" will not get the 'meh - we've known for months' treatment. And that's in nine days, so hardly a long time to wait.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 6,601
    I think, its just an attempt to not let the net interfer with their planning. Its gonna be Adele alright - but they just preserve the right to announce her, when they WANT to. Never mind, if it is known for ever.
    Just remember how many rumors we had,(the title, to start with etc) that were true-did this lead to them announcing them any earlier? No...
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 555
    All this talk about alternate/rejected theme music made me relisten to Dame Shirley Bassey's "No Good About Goodbye" (I don't care want anyone says, it has the main motif of QOS and uses the word "solace" for god sake. It's not a common word).

What a classic Bond tune. Really wish it would've been official so it could go down in the history of tunes.

I am under shock. I never knew a real "Quantum of solace" title song existed! Thanks for mentioning it.

OK, that might be off-topic -- but I immediately checked iTunes, listened to the sample, and bought the song. Wow! Arnold and Bassey -- true Bond material. How on Earth could the producers go with that crap called "Another way to die" . . ? And why did they not put "No good about goodbye" on the album? They put "Surrender" on the initial the "Tomorrow never dies" release, right?

Great that you finally got to know about it/hear it! Sorry you had to wait so long.

Arnold and Bassey claim "No Good About Goodbye" was not made for QOS, but the evidence seems to point to the contrary. The lyrics match the Vesper arc almost IDE tidally.

On YouTube, you can see how the song would look wih the opening titles. I desperately wsh it had graced QOS.

@Gareth00789, I never questioned why they would wait until the 5th. You've misquoted me.
  • What is baffling me is that with all this constantly dripping out, if it is Adele then why dont EON just confirm it, rather than suffer this release by a thousand tweets so to speak.

I think Bond day seems crap anyway, I doubt the title song will save it.

I really hope it's not Adele now, so it's a suprise. Hearing the song will be cool but it still won't seem that exciting because I'll have known there was a 90% chance it was Adele and I've read the lyrics too. So a complete suprise would be nice.
    @thelivingroyale, if it is Adele, it just means that there really weren't many secrets to come out of the film, especially with those who dive deep for all of the spoilers and ruin them for everyone else.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @Creasy47 Thank you. I like guessing and speculating, but I have a hard time doing that when half the site seems to know all about the film, almost every SF thread has spoilers in (although thankfully most are tagged).

I don't see why so many want to know spoilers in the first place. I hate the internet!
    @Creasy47 Thank you. I like guessing and speculating, I don't see why so many want to know spoilers in the first place. I hate the internet!

You're welcome, but people want what they want; it's just a shame I know so much about the film because of those who neglected to use spoiler tags. I'm sure there will still be some new surprises awaiting me come November 9th, and it hasn't deterred my interest in the slightest.
    To be on the safe side, if I were you, I'd stop coming on here now because, if not, you just know you'll end up learning something else you don't want to. Or just avoid the Skyfall sections.
  • Okay, I am reading conversations now. @MusicEditorCoUk is the Twitter page of Tony Lewis. And he isn't confirming anything, nor is he rejecting the rumours. Have a read yourself:

Twitter conversation 1
    SKYFALL007FAN: @MusicEditorcouk @Benfilms Promos? So Tony is the music on the http://iflymagazine.com webpage written for the Coke Zero campaign?

TONY LEWIS: @Skyfall007Fan @benfilms going to have to keep you guessing. Listen again to ifly. Answers on a postcard.

SKYFALL007FAN: @MusicEditorcouk @HMSSweblog Sounds like a yes ;-)

TONY LEWIS: @Skyfall007Fan @hmssweblog a yes to which?

Twitter conversation 2
    SKYFALL007FAN: Hi Tony @MusicEditorcouk, that Muse song Supremacy does seem to have very #Bond theme like elements to it, did they audition for #Skyfall?

TONY LEWIS: @Benfilms @skyfall007fan indeed, the Monty Norman theme has featured on pretty much all the promos so far either in direct or twisted form.

Twitter conversation 3:
    SKYFALL007FAN: Hi Tony @MusicEditorcouk, does 'let it crumble' ring any bells with the #Skyfall theme tune? http://bit.ly/PVHJOz

M: @Skyfall007Fan I was going to suggest you DON'T ask @MusicEditorcouk. You know he can't say anything!

TONY LEWIS: @HMSSweblog I agree. Not my decision I'm afraid and more than my life is worth to reveal. You'll know soon enough.

Twitter conversation 4:
    GARETH: MusicEditorcouk @huntyhunt Adele did say she was doing a theme on Jonathan Ross Show, but it could be a theme to something else. ? hmm

TONY LEWIS: @Bond_Fan007 @huntyhunt when was this Jonathan Ross Show?

Conclusion: Tony Lewis hasn't confirmed anything. Though I find his reaction to a certain 'GARETH' remarkable. Apparently, he didn't know that Adele had a big slip of the tongue last year during the Jonathan Ross Show. Still, as a member of the sound/music department it's so easy to keep fans guessing. I wanna bet he goes back to work with Thomas Newman, laughing about all these curious fans :-).

PS: This is what I asked him: @MusicEditorcouk You think with T. Newman...Bond scores will become trendsetting again? We haven’t had legendary Oscar-worthy sound recently.

It's a far more interesting question if you ask me, instead of all that overly curious 'fan nagging' :-P.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Creasy47 wrote:

Really? Because I'm finding it tedious in the extreme.

Why the (not very) big secret over who is recording it? We're not asking to hear the actual song until release day just who is doing it.
    Re spoiler. I think, its save to say, I am here a lot, but so far, I haven't stumbled into any important spoilers and know very little about the plot. Staying away from the clapperboards etc helps or the clips. So - IMO - with a little attention and using some brains, you can scroll through all the threads and nothing terrible happens.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Creasy47 Thank you. I like guessing and speculating, I don't see why so many want to know spoilers in the first place. I hate the internet!

You're welcome, but people want what they want; it's just a shame I know so much about the film because of those who neglected to use spoiler tags. I'm sure there will still be some new surprises awaiting me come November 9th, and it hasn't deterred my interest in the slightest.
    And you have saved me many a time from such a fate. Hats off to you, now as ever @Creasy47.
  • The spoiler tags help but some people don't bother using them if a thread is in the SF news/spoilers section, which is unfair, since lots of threads about trailers, articles, etc are posted there.

I had Bonds fake death spoiled for me months before the trailer came out.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I heard yesterday from someone at Sony that it would be announced/released on James Bond day. So that's why it's been so tightly sealed.

I've been saying that since forever. :D Anyway, thanks for the "confirmation" @doubleonothing. I'm sure this is legit.
    Going by Showbiz411's story of it being announced during Bond week, could we be told on Monday the announcement will be made on Friday?
    Creasy47 wrote:

And you have saved me many a time from such a fate. Hats off to you, now as ever @Creasy47.

Anytime, mate. I'm here to help. The closer we get to SF, the more I want to - as sad as it is - avoid these forums until the film's final release.
  • to think, its guaranteed we will have the bond theme less the four weeks.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Going by Showbiz411's story of it being announced during Bond week, could we be told on Monday the announcement will be made on Friday?
    It's Friday, @Samuel001 ;)
  • You know, there was a Sony event a bit ago, I believe in Germany, with a big Skyfall banner with some title sequence type imagery that read "Let the Sky Fall"
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Okay, I am reading conversations now. @MusicEditorCoUk is the Twitter page of Tony Lewis. And he isn't confirming anything, nor is he rejecting the rumours. Have a read yourself:

Twitter conversation 1
    SKYFALL007FAN: @MusicEditorcouk @Benfilms Promos? So Tony is the music on the http://iflymagazine.com webpage written for the Coke Zero campaign?

TONY LEWIS: @Skyfall007Fan @benfilms going to have to keep you guessing. Listen again to ifly. Answers on a postcard.

SKYFALL007FAN: @MusicEditorcouk @HMSSweblog Sounds like a yes ;-)

TONY LEWIS: @Skyfall007Fan @hmssweblog a yes to which?

Twitter conversation 2
    SKYFALL007FAN: Hi Tony @MusicEditorcouk, that Muse song Supremacy does seem to have very #Bond theme like elements to it, did they audition for #Skyfall?

TONY LEWIS: @Benfilms @skyfall007fan indeed, the Monty Norman theme has featured on pretty much all the promos so far either in direct or twisted form.

Twitter conversation 3:
    SKYFALL007FAN: Hi Tony @MusicEditorcouk, does 'let it crumble' ring any bells with the #Skyfall theme tune? http://bit.ly/PVHJOz

M: @Skyfall007Fan I was going to suggest you DON'T ask @MusicEditorcouk. You know he can't say anything!

TONY LEWIS: @HMSSweblog I agree. Not my decision I'm afraid and more than my life is worth to reveal. You'll know soon enough.

Twitter conversation 4:
    GARETH: MusicEditorcouk @huntyhunt Adele did say she was doing a theme on Jonathan Ross Show, but it could be a theme to something else. ? hmm

TONY LEWIS: @Bond_Fan007 @huntyhunt when was this Jonathan Ross Show?

Conclusion: Tony Lewis hasn't confirmed anything. Though I find his reaction to a certain 'GARETH' remarkable. Apparently, he didn't know that Adele had a big slip of the tongue last year during the Jonathan Ross Show. Still, as a member of the sound/music department it's so easy to keep fans guessing. I wanna bet he goes back to work with Thomas Newman, laughing about all these curious fans :-).

PS: This is what I asked him: @MusicEditorcouk You think with T. Newman...Bond scores will become trendsetting again? We haven’t had legendary Oscar-worthy sound recently.

It's a far more interesting question if you ask me, instead of all that overly curious 'fan nagging' :-P.

Gustav, thats me, Bond_Fan007 is my new twitter name. I asked him about the jonathan ross show. I also found it a bit strange that he seemed to not no anything about it. Wheiter he is teeling a porky, becuase he has to obviously, or he simply did know nothing about it and then its not adele.
    I reckon Adele's song should be called Bond 23! Now that would be different!