Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The lyrics sound very good considering the title of the song.

With everything under wraps for so long, why does it have to leak a week early? Too many people are hearing the song, I reckon.
    I just can't wait for it to be announced that it is Adele, so we can squash all those ridiculous Muse rumours. Adele is much more universal and works better for Bond. Muse is too niche, the way Jack White was.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I just know when the song is released that some people on here will declare it the best Bond theme ever and saying it'll win an Oscar.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    With everything under wraps for so long, why does it have to leak a week early? Too many people are hearing the song, I reckon.

I agree with you. Now not only has it been leaked that it's Adele, the lyrics are apparently leaked too. I'm looking forward to hearing the song but it just won't be that big of a suprise.
    Well - I assume even most Bond fans don*t follow this as much as we do and most likely haven*t read about the lyrics. Personally lyrics don't spoil anything for me. I don't care about them anyway.
  • Tony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

whey…just built the last skyfall reel for us to mix…we're totally getting there.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why are some people complaining about the song being leaked and whatever? And at the same time, no one is forcing you to read the lyrics of the song, it just kills whatever argument your trying to make. Yes, it's more than likely Adele will ding the theme, we've known this for over a year and since then numerous sources have indicated so. Now, with being so close to Bond day (what ever that is) and of course the movie itself, leaks and whatnot are expected. It happens all the time. Furthermore, by this time for previous Bond films we would have heard the theme so I really don't get what the problem is. I havnt read the lyrics to the song and I never will. I'll wait for the song to come out and hear it.

Anyway, things are looking good so it would seem and I do hope the song delivers.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Why are some people complaining about the song being leaked and whatever? And at the same time, no one is forcing you to read the lyrics of the song, it just kills whatever argument your trying to make. Yes, it's more than likely Adele will ding the theme, we've known this for over a year and since then numerous sources have indicated so. Now, with being so close to Bond day (what ever that is) and of course the movie itself, leaks and whatnot are expected. It happens all the time. Furthermore, by this time for previous Bond films we would have heard the theme so I really don't get what the problem is. I havnt read the lyrics to the song and I never will. I'll wait for the song to come out and hear it.

Anyway, things are looking good so it would seem and I do hope the song delivers.

Completely agree. It's such a non-discussion, such a problem about nothing, especially after everyone has heard the song on October 5th. I can recall that 'Die Another Day' was already leaked by early September (albeit a very bad version). I say: 'Let The Sky Fall' guys and girls ;-)!!

• No nobody was forcing me too and I regret reading them now but I'm complaining about the song being leaked because it's making the song less of a suprise.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Furthermore, by this time for previous Bond films we would have heard the theme so I really don't get what the problem is.

I'd have liked them to release it earlier to avoid all this.
    When you say surprise, what do you mean? Are you saying you'd rather hear the sing once the film is released? I don't think there will ever be a moment where we won't hear a Bond theme before the movie is released. Times have changed abd with technological advancements and with rabid fanboys and the like looking for and scrutinising every bit of info, it's become an impossibility. The best EoN can ever hope for are for their theme songs to not suck essentially.
    Are there still people out there who honestly think it could be anyone other than Adele now?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Lofqvist wrote:
    No, this is probably very well carried out.....
    ...Well done EON.

I heartily agree. Just like everything to do with the 50th we are all puppets in EONs masterplan and Bond day will be spectacular and not a limp washout.

Samuel001 wrote:
    8 days to go!

What are you basing this on? Theres been no announcement that they will release it on this date any more than theres been any announcement as to who the singer is. Just more idle speculation to clutter up this already bloated thread.

If they wanted to try and give Bond day the shock to the heart it needs they should announce they will release the song on that day. Why make a surprise of it on the day rather than use it to drum up interest in Bond day in advance?

For all we know the big reveal of Adele might be at the premiere.

Perhaps that is the reason for all this - they are waiting for her to drop her sprog and get back on her feet to promote the song?

How close is she to actually giving birth? Is it literally any day now so theoretically she could be fit enough to appear on the 5th to promote it?
  • I think the tempo of the song might be fairly quick. To make some of those lyrics rhyme properly, it would have to be sped up!
  • I'm not a big Adele fan but one thing I do know is this: her theme can't possibly get worse than the last one.
    doubleoego wrote:
    When you say surprise, what do you mean? Are you saying you'd rather hear the sing once the film is released? I don't think there will ever be a moment where we won't hear a Bond theme before the movie is released. Times have changed abd with technological advancements and with rabid fanboys and the like looking for and scrutinising every bit of info, it's become an impossibility. The best EoN can ever hope for are for their theme songs to not suck essentially.

I meant that I wanted to hear it without knowing much about it, other than who's singing it.
  • singer/songwriter Bobbie Gordon just tweeted:
    "Looking so forward to hearing my girl @OfficialAdele recording for 007 :) BRING IT!"
  • Its funny how all these close friends of Adele tweet about the theme, yet nothing is comfirmed. Lets see what happends on the 5th. Fingers crossed.
    I'm not a big Adele fan but one thing I do know is this: her theme can't possibly get worse than the last one.
    doubleoego wrote:

I meant that I wanted to hear it without knowing much about it, other than who's singing it.

Still, that's a big ask if you're a Bond fan who frequents forums.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 11,139
    I'm convinced the song will leak before next Friday, assuming it's supposed to be released on the 5th.
    doubleoego wrote:

Hahaha, yeah I know. I wasn't on any Bond forums when the other films made during my life time came out so idk. I just think I know too much about the song, although some of that is my fault (why did I read the lyrics?!?!?!?!?!)
  • Quick question, does anyone know if there's going to be a music video too? Is there always one?
  • adelefan wrote:
    Quick question, does anyone know if there's going to be a music video too? Is there always one?

There's normally a video I think so there should be one.
    doubleoego wrote:

Hahaha, yeah I know. I wasn't on any Bond forums when the other films made during my life time came out so idk. I just think I know too much about the song, although some of that is my fault (why did I read the lyrics?!?!?!?!?!)

Sometimes, as Bond fans we just can't help ourselves. It's even worse when we've had a 4 year wait. 4 years!?? It's really just hitting me at how long we've been waiting now that we're so close.

• doubleoego wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Sometimes, as Bond fans we just can't help ourselves. It's even worse when we've had a 4 year wait. 4 years!?? It's really just hitting me at how long we've been waiting now that we're so close.

That's true. I have managed to avoid most spoilers about SF though, so that's something.

Less than a month left and that 4 year wait will finally be over!
  • Four years have gone so quick for me. I hope that my toughts of the film come true. I want the gun barrel back at the start, i want him saying vodka martini, shaken not stirred, and i want the bond theme in some action sequence.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    8 days to go!

What are you basing this on? Theres been no announcement that they will release it on this date any more than theres been any announcement as to who the singer is. Just more idle speculation to clutter up this already bloated thread.

Everyone's solid reporting, from Showbiz411 to MI6 say it's the 5th. What else to you think 'Bond Day' is for?

That's three weeks before the release of Skyfall. You think Adele will be announced at the premiere? Really?! The song has to be promoted, a music video has to be released. Why are we even arguing this? =))
    To be fair, they could announce it before the 5th. Before it was "it'll be in July!", now its "it'll be on Bond day!!!" I reckon they could suprise us and announce/release it when nobody expects.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    When guessing July, we were going by past Bond films. Now, we have Bond Day, so it's bound to be that date, so many people have said so, even our very own @doubleonothing.
    To be fair, they could announce it before the 5th. Before it was "it'll be in July!", now its "it'll be on Bond day!!!" I reckon they could suprise us and announce/release it when nobody expects.

marketingwise I would make you wait until 007-day, it makes more sense letting people gossip about it and create a buzz most probably picked up by the mainstream media than telling you what you want to know immediately. :D
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 31
    Quote: "New singles are usually released on Tuesdays." (Quote tags messed up)

That's here in the U.S.; it's Mondays in the UK. (Not to mention digital outlets can release ANY day if the label says so.) They could drop it on Bond Day; or they could announce it then, let it get radio airplay over the weekend, then drop it digitally on the 8th & 9th.

Though EON won't announce it till then, realistically I see no way it's anyone other than Adele. As many leaks are there are, if it wasn't her EON would have no choice but to issue a denial. As it is, you can almost bet MGW will step out on the 5th and declare it to be an even worse-kept secret than the title...