Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:
    Univex wrote:
    It´s not just Bondish, it has the Bond theme all over it. If this isn´t a Bond song than Muse must be big fans.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=millenium%20robbie%20williams&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCMQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBJ5uIkJDb6o&ei=GLhhUK6PKI2Wswbm7oGYCQ&usg=AFQjCNGmEfpvjW-6Zd9pFlBKvcz9_84JCg

Same thing could be said about this one :)

IF Supremacy is the title song, then it puts another emphasys on the line "Agent. Provocateur."
    obin_gam wrote:
    Univex wrote:
    It´s not just Bondish, it has the Bond theme all over it. If this isn´t a Bond song than Muse must be big fans.
    They have done this before though I just remembered. The Doctor Who theme is all over their song Uprising from the last album.

Exactly.

What do you make of this.

Tony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

@Bond_Fan007 i'd definitely stick it on the long-list though. Very very few people have been correct so far.

That's very intriguing. It might mean that whoever is singing the song may not be Adele or Muse but someone very few people (but some nonetheless) have thought about! :-?
    Sandy wrote:
    It might mean that whoever is singing the song may not be Adele or Muse but someone very few people (but some nonetheless) have thought about! :-?

Instrumental theme perhaps?
    Sandy wrote:
    It might mean that whoever is singing the song may not be Adele or Muse but someone very few people (but some nonetheless) have thought about! :-?

I wouldn't bet on that.
  • Would anyone hate it to be the 'Bond Theme' itself?
  • Sandy wrote:

I think that'd be pretty cool. We haven't had one of those for a very long time, and it would give sort of a 60s feel (which people keep saying SF has).
    AussieBond wrote:
    Would anyone hate it to be the 'Bond Theme' itself?

That could be good, but I think I'd prefer an original theme. We've heard the Bond theme a million times, and besides, letting all these rumours fly around then just announcing it's the Bond theme would piss alot of people off.
    AussieBond wrote:
    Would anyone hate it to be the 'Bond Theme' itself?
    No, but if they want a Bond with a capital B, there should be a memorable theme song!
    Sandy wrote:
    That's very intriguing. It might mean that whoever is singing the song may not be Adele or Muse but someone very few people (but some nonetheless) have thought about! :-?
    Yes, but if you look elsewhere @Sandy, you can see his other comment: "Its just me carefully playing the game" in response to how he's answering questions. He's very clever at teasing his audience without giving anything away, certainly not on his own Twitter page. It could be that @PanchitoPistole's idea of a musical interpretation of the Adele song as an opener (eg: From Russia With Love) could also be a possibility and the main song is at the end like The Sun suggested? Yes, I'm now firmly back in the Adele camp after my Muse wobble earlier.
  • If its very few people who got it right, then adele and muse are proberbly not the singers. Im just going to come back when its announced.
    Damn, it would have been the perfect promotion: DC & Muse at the same show. And the song is really good!

But Adele's song should be ok as well, I believe. Just don't know if she can do epic songs. :)
    It's yes.... I wish ;)
  • I really like this Muse track...
    Interesting that showbiz411.com have run another story

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/25/exclusive-adele-james-bond-skyfall-song-is-classic-007

This time with specifics of the song and particular lyrics.

So when we do find out the artist/hear the song, we'll be able to see how accurate the site was with this.

Lizo.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Thanks, @Lizo. So the introductory lines, which follow a piano solo, are: “This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the Earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again.” Followed later as part of the chorus: “Let the sky fall/Let it crumble/We will stand tall/And face it all/together.” It’s an ominous, dramatic ballad, with lots of gorgeous horn flourishes peeking out through Adele’s now trademark vocals.

This sounds true to me.

PS. Also the first lines fit with the imagery of 007 drowning after the fall from the bridge.
  • bondsum wrote:
    Thanks, @Lizo. So the introductory lines, which follow a piano solo, are: “This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten/Feel the Earth move and then/Hear my heart burst again.” Followed later as part of the chorus: “Let the sky fall/Let it crumble/We will stand tall/And face it all/together.” It’s an ominous, dramatic ballad, with lots of gorgeous horn flourishes peeking out through Adele’s now trademark vocals.

This sounds true to me.

One of the main reasons I have wanted Adele for the song is because I want a Bond track to hit the radio again. Adele being involved almost guarantees that. Her songs play constantly.

Lyrics sound believable indeed.

• edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    Lyrics sounds cheesy as hell, but I guess theres not a lot else to do if you have to incorporate sky and fall in them.
    I'm thinking Adele for the main titles, Muse for the credit song. Which is fine by me!
    I really want a rock song but I will give skyfall by Adele (assuming the rumors are true) a few listens and buy it from Itunes... but I am not making any promises.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Okay, okay so I read through all your posts and had to finally listen to Supremacy. The Bond theme is there in the background as clear as day. Do I think it's right for the title song? Hm. Maybe it'll grow on me - but I'm not really keen on the way he says....SUUUUUUPREEEEEEEEMACYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Still, it's all speculation at this point.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    It sounds like what we have here is a classic TND situation where lots of people have had a crack and hopefully we are left with two songs for the film.
    bondsum wrote:
    Let the sky fall/Let it crumble

How can the sky crumble? Its a gas. I guess it can diffuse but not crumble.

Mind you at least they didnt go with Skycrumble as a title.

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    It's highly unlikely to be this purported Muse effort for me. News just out on the NME website that their drummer 'would like' it to be the title theme for Skyfall. Surely by now they'd know whether or not it had been selected (unless he's playing a bit of kidology-esque cheek with the media, perhaps)...?

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66299
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    ^^"Mind you at least they didnt go with Skycrumble as a title" :-D
    It sounds like what we have here is a classic TND situation where lots of people have had a crack and hopefully we are left with two songs for the film.
    bondsum wrote:
    Let the sky fall/Let it crumble

How can the sky crumble? Its a gas. I guess it can diffuse but not crumble.

Mind you at least they didnt go with Skycrumble as a title.
    It can crumble if it's Bond's lodge in Scotland the songs lyrics are refering to. Besides, it's poetic... innit?
  • I don't think Supremacy has anything to do with Skyfall. This isn't the first Muse song with traces of the Bond theme.
  • Germanlady wrote:

I believe that's been posted earilier, but interesting news nonetheless. Thanks, @germanlady
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 6,601
    From the sound of it, this film seems to have it all. Maybe they didn't exaggerate and it IS indeed a classic Bond with B
  • "Count to ten" and also "hold Your breath" . . ? Are they talking about "Skyfall", or the lost "Quantum of solace" title song . . ?

;)
  • Lyrics do sound cheesy. Maybe it's not fair to judge since that's only the lyrics but I do prefer the Muse song by a mile.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,043
    Seriously how many Bond lyrics don't sound cheesy? Despite how great the early ones are, they aren't exactly Bob Dylan.

When you are writing title track to a Bond film meaningful serious lyrics aren't actually on the top of your list. I don't think it matters I wouldn't expect to hear thoughtful hugely insightful lyrics in a Bond song.
    Shardlake wrote:
    Seriously how many Bond lyrics don't sound cheesy? Despite how great the early ones are, they aren't exactly Bob Dylan.

When you are writing title track to a Bond film meaningful serious lyrics aren't actually on to top of your list. I don't think it matters I wouldn't expect to hear thoughtful hugely insightful lyrics in a Bond song.

I agree. Most Bond themes lyrics (if not all) don't make any sense. So I'm not expecting this one to make much sense either. Soon we'll know if what is said in this showbiz411 website is right or wrong.