Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited September 2012 Posts: 2,635
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    i have never heared this song. if that was playing in a hmv, i would think that was a skyfall theme.

Are you sure English is your first language?

Yes, will you stop making fun of me mate.

He didn't even said anything. You don't need to do that.

No he keeps saying is english my first language for some reason. second time now. What you mean he didnt say anything.

Even me, which English's not my first language - I'm Brazilian - can see that You type wrong. First, because your grammar it's almost not understandable. Sometimes even i got to read your sentence again to know it was not a sentence, but actually a question.

Not trying to criticise you at all, i try to be cool with everyone, but try to use correct grammar. ;)
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    i have never heared this song. if that was playing in a hmv, i would think that was a skyfall theme.

No he keeps saying is english my first language for some reason. second time now. What you mean he didnt say anything.

Even me, which English's not my first language - I'm Brazilian - can see that You type wrong. First, because your grammar it's almost not understandable. Sometimes even i got to read your sentence again to know it was not a sentence, but actually a question.

Not trying to criticise you at all, i try to be cool with everyone, but try to use correct grammar. ;)

Sorry, i was just typing realy quickly. ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Sorry, i was just typing realy quickly. ;)

Oh. No problem, we understand that. :)

=====

Back to the topic, please.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This thread just can't stay on the straight and narrow, can it. Well, I have something to add. If Gin Wigmore appeared in the Skyfall Heineken ad and sang the main song for it, she could be a possible singer for the theme right?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Hmm, its a possibility, but still think its adele.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 371
    The Guardian are streaming the new Muse album, track 1: Supremacy - Now tell me that's not a Bond theme! If you listen the Bond theme is actually in there.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/sep/24/muse-2nd-law-album-stream
    i think your right. i can here it in the background . wow it must be. But i kind of hope its not as i dont like it. lol I doesnt say the word skyfall though.
  • The Guardian are streaming the new Muse album, track 1: Supremacy - Now tell me that's not a Bond theme! If you listen the Bond theme is actually in there.......

Quite cool, it really is a Bond-track haha
  • obin_gam wrote:
    The Guardian are streaming the new Muse album, track 1: Supremacy - Now tell me that's not a Bond theme! If you listen the Bond theme is actually in there.......

Quite cool, it really is a Bond-track haha
    Im not realy a fan of the singing. Tell me its not the skyfall theme.

• edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    1. Album released close to the movies opening
    2. The first song on the album sounds like a Bond-song
    3. The band and Bond himself together on SNL

It could be a red herring, but an awesomely good red herring if thats the case.
  • i do like it more now. I am always like that. Listened to it again and its growing on me. But it must be the bond theme because the background music does have the bond theme. I think th e cats out of the bag. Ive tweeted to tony lewis to ask, lol
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Why do you think it's the Bond theme? If it was then there would be an official announcement about it. In addition, who would be insane enough to name a Bond theme Supremacy? If they are doing the theme it will be stand alone.
  • I did say 'a Bond theme' meaning it would make a great Bond theme, I'm not suggesting it's the theme to Skyfall, but you have to admit, all the right notes are in there.....
  • I actually think this could be it, compared to all the other tracks it's incredibly bombastic and has this Bond vibe to it. Very spy like. The Bond theme in there is the potential giveaway, I don't even like Muse but that song has a good energy to it. Can see they we're (possibly) trying to channel Live and Let Die.

Also I don't believe @MrEon is actually Tony Lewis, they're writing styles are totally different.
  • It has to be it, the bond theme, jsut like DarthBork said, gives it away. I have also gone to other sites with it and its been removed. so hmm
    The only thing that does not have me 100 % convinced is the title of the track Supremacy??

Ups, double post... sorry... got to excited.
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8257767.stm

This is another thing to consider, doesn't hold much on it's own but in the context of what I just heard it adds plausibility. I'd bet money this is, or was at some point, a Bond song. Whether it was a rejected track and then put into the album afterwards remains to be seen but I'm very confident.
    I do love alot of the track, so i would be happy if it was it. Also, the ending part of the track sounds bondy. I Just like Totla Film said and thats what i thought. The final sound like it would commence the action. Do you aggree?

IT HAS TO BE! :)
    I have to confess I enjoy less and less the new songs I hear from Muse, and I was (still am to be honest) a huge fan of them.
  • Check this out. Total Film have their say on the songhttp://www.totalfilm.com/news/did-muse-audition-for-skyfall
  • DarthBork wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8257767.stm

This is another thing to consider, doesn't hold much on it's own but in the context of what I just heard it adds plausibility. I'd bet money this is, or was at some point, a Bond song. Whether it was a rejected track and then put into the album afterwards remains to be seen but I'm very confident.

Cool, its funny how i never ever came across that story. lol.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    DarthBork wrote:
    I actually think this could be it, compared to all the other tracks it's incredibly bombastic and has this Bond vibe to it. Very spy like. The Bond theme in there is the potential giveaway, I don't even like Muse but that song has a good energy to it. Can see they we're (possibly) trying to channel Live and Let Die.

Also I don't believe @MrEon is actually Tony Lewis, they're writing styles are totally different.
    To be fair to @MrEon he's never confirmed whether he's Tony Lewis or not, only that he's working on the post production. Tony also has a studio partner in the form of Paul Terry so it could easily be another studio technician. All I can tell you is that he's given me a few pointers as to which way Skyfall is shaping up that, for obvious reasons, I can't reveal.

There's an interesting article on Muse's Bond-like song here from Total Film...

Did Muse audition for Skyfall?

Skyfall opens in UK cinemas in a couple of weeks, with Adele having been widely reported as the artist charged with delivering the latest theme tune. However, was she the only artist to be considered for the job?

The Guardian has released a first listen of the British three-piece’s new album The 2nd Law online last night, and first track Supremacy sounds like a Bond theme in every sense of the term. Notes from the original theme are sprinkled liberally throughout, and the final payoff even sounds like a sting to commence the action...
    What with their operatic vocals and bombastic, string-heavy anthems, Muse have long been touted as potential artists to perform a Bond song, and would seem a far more natural fit then the likes of Jack White and Alicia Keys.

Drummer Dominic Howard has previously been quoted as saying the band would be up for the challenge. “Certainly some of our music fits with the James Bond vibe,” he said. “I think it could work. It's something we'd probably say yes to, or at least give it a good go.”

We’ve yet to have a listen to the official song, but judging by what we’ve heard on the new Muse album, it will have to go some to improve on it. Even if they’ve missed out this time, we wouldn’t be surprised to see them team up with 007 some time in the future…

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/did-muse-audition-for-skyfall?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=totalfilm&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+totalfilm%2Fimdbnews+%28Total+Film+IMDb+aggregate%29
  • bondsum wrote:
    DarthBork wrote:
    I actually think this could be it, compared to all the other tracks it's incredibly bombastic and has this Bond vibe to it. Very spy like. The Bond theme in there is the potential giveaway, I don't even like Muse but that song has a good energy to it. Can see they we're (possibly) trying to channel Live and Let Die.

To be fair to @MrEon he's never confirmed whether he's Tony Lewis or not, only that he's working on the post production. Tony also has a studio partner in the form of Paul Terry so it could easily be another studio technician. All I can tell you is that he's given me a few pointers as to which way Skyfall is shaping up that, for obvious reasons, I can't reveal.

There's an interesting article on Muse's Bond-like song here from Total Film...

Did Muse audition for Skyfall?

Skyfall opens in UK cinemas in a couple of weeks, with Adele having been widely reported as the artist charged with delivering the latest theme tune. However, was she the only artist to be considered for the job?

The Guardian has released a first listen of the British three-piece’s new album The 2nd Law online last night, and first track Supremacy sounds like a Bond theme in every sense of the term. Notes from the original theme are sprinkled liberally throughout, and the final payoff even sounds like a sting to commence the action...
    What with their operatic vocals and bombastic, string-heavy anthems, Muse have long been touted as potential artists to perform a Bond song, and would seem a far more natural fit then the likes of Jack White and Alicia Keys.

Drummer Dominic Howard has previously been quoted as saying the band would be up for the challenge. “Certainly some of our music fits with the James Bond vibe,” he said. “I think it could work. It's something we'd probably say yes to, or at least give it a good go.”

We’ve yet to have a listen to the official song, but judging by what we’ve heard on the new Muse album, it will have to go some to improve on it. Even if they’ve missed out this time, we wouldn’t be surprised to see them team up with 007 some time in the future…

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/did-muse-audition-for-skyfall?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=totalfilm&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+totalfilm%2Fimdbnews+%28Total+Film+IMDb+aggregate%29

Lol , i just posted a link to that before you.
  • I was disappointed when I heard "madness" but Supremacy is quite good!
    And in the background... it really sounds like the Bond theme...or am I going mad?
    Could it be Muse afterall?

Either way, I would be happy if it's the safe bet Adele but Supremacy is a cool track.
  • Check this out. Total Film have their say on the songhttp://www.totalfilm.com/news/did-muse-audition-for-skyfall

Wow, that's spooky, I hadn't seen the total film article just gave the tracks a play on the Guardian website as they often stream new stuff, great minds and all that.
    Check this out. Total Film have their say on the songhttp://www.totalfilm.com/news/did-muse-audition-for-skyfall

Wow, that's spooky, I hadn't seen the total film article just gave the tracks a play on the Guardian website as they often stream new stuff, great minds and all that.

eaither way, it';s certainly been made for a bond song. It has to much bondyness to it. LOL, is that even a word, bondyness. If it is, then all those Adele rumours where nothing but white lies. Hmmm this is very interesting bondfans.

IGN - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2009/09/16/muse-for-bond-theme

Adding that Muse bassist Chris Wolstenholme is a massive Bond fan, Howard said, "The last few have been pretty good, but I think we could do a good job."
    Check this out. Total Film have their say on the songhttp://www.totalfilm.com/news/did-muse-audition-for-skyfall

eaither way, it';s certainly been made for a bond song. It has to much bondyness to it. LOL, is that even a word, bondyness.

Bondness?
    Sandy wrote:

eaither way, it';s certainly been made for a bond song. It has to much bondyness to it. LOL, is that even a word, bondyness.

Bondness?

Yep thats proberbly better. lol It just has the bond vibe to it. If it is the theme tune, what a way to get it leaked. Second worse kept secret, ha

I got a reply back from Tony .
    Hi Tony @MusicEditorcouk, that Muse song Supremacy does seem to have very #Bond theme like elements to it, did they audition for #Skyfall?

He then said

@Skyfall007Fan @benfilms going to have to keep you guessing. Listen again to ifly. Answers on a postcard.

Is there a way people outside of the UK can listen to it?