Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• I have to side with @jetsetwilly too. Not only does it sound legit, but I respect his position. I believe (?) he was a fellow 00 Agent on the old KTBEU (Keeping the British End Up) MI6 boards - in itself an accolade, having had over 1,000 posts.

Either way, none of us have heard the alleged music. I know that Bond day isn't that far away anyway, but I have a feeling we are just days away from hearing something big. (Not based on anything, though!)
  • How the hell can a hmv staff member get a copy of the bond song. I refuse to beleive it and thats that. If you dont like
    MartinBond wrote:
    Agreeing or not, "Im a bigger bond fan than you ever could. "is just childish. Please contact eachother on bookface if you want to argue.

Im not the one that started all this, so i wouldnt...
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I'm not saying you'r the one starting it, i'm just asking you to be smarter and let it go. in one ear(eye), out the other...
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Yes, i have. I just dont like it when people start getting stropy with you other something like that.

It is possible that the person who heard it made a mistake. Not that they're lying, just that they heard something that sounded new, Adele-ish and 'Skyfall-y' and figured that it was the Bond theme song. He checked Adele's back catalogue, but was he 100% sure it was Adele?

Too many variables and it seems implausible. Hoping to be proved wrong though.
  • Volante wrote:
    It is possible that the person who heard it made a mistake. Not that they're lying, just that they heard something that sounded new, Adele-ish and 'Skyfall-y' and figured that it was the Bond theme song. He checked Adele's back catalogue, but was he 100% sure it was Adele?

Yes this is what i was thinking, But jetsetwilly was soon to jump in and say, Are you calling me a liar. I never began to say he was lying. But due to is stroppy and nasty behiaviour, i just thought i might aswell call him a liar.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm a bigger Bond fan than you, I've heard some childish claptrap on here before but u should be utterly ashamed at that comment. To start with you have no basis of proof to even back up an absurd statement.

I've been a Bond fan since 1977 but I'm pretty sure I could never say such a thing to someone [url][/url]who got into the series through watching G.E as I couldn't prove it, the likely hood that a number of younger fans are much bigger fanatics as I don't have the time or money for that level of obsession, you really need to grow up.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    MartinBond wrote:
    http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=nl_nl&utm_source=reminder&utm_medium=mail&utm_content=nlnl&utm_campaign=ifly23&WT.mc_id=1928936|6659127|81779210|257912810|1023761&WT.tsrc=email&&&WT.tsrc=email#/bright/cocacola/

Kicking it up: That does sound só good. Nice and gentle pace, no hiphop or electro-junk, very mysterious. Trying to download it as we speak.

There has never been hip hop in a Bond movie and to those that think QoS' another way to die is hip hop then I suggest familiarising yourself with what hip hop is.
    Shardlake wrote:
    I'm a bigger Bond fan than you, I've heard some childish claptrap on here before but u should be utterly ashamed at that comment. To start with you have no basis of proof to even back up an absurd statement.

I've been a Bond fan since 1977 but I'm pretty sure I could never say such a thing to someone [url][/url]who got into the series through watching G.E as I couldn't prove it, the likely hood that a number of younger fans are much bigger fanatics as I don't have the time or money for that level of obsession, you really need to grow up.

Or shhh, it wasnt me who started all this, so im only giving as much back to him. Just but out, it doesnt even concern u
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited September 2012 Posts: 858
    doubleoego wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:
    http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=nl_nl&utm_source=reminder&utm_medium=mail&utm_content=nlnl&utm_campaign=ifly23&WT.mc_id=1928936|6659127|81779210|257912810|1023761&WT.tsrc=email&&&WT.tsrc=email#/bright/cocacola/

Kicking it up: That does sound só good. Nice and gentle pace, no hiphop or electro-junk, very mysterious. Trying to download it as we speak.

There has never been hip hop in a Bond movie and to those that think QoS' another way to die is hip hop then I suggest familiarising yourself with what hip hop is.

Where the heck does QoS fit in? I have never said that QoS was hiphop or any other bond-song was. I am only pointing out that it, should it be the theme song, is a classic one aimed at the movie and it's viewers, not the music charts, so don't go all "you've got it wrong" without reason.
    God, jetsetwilly starts to get funny with me, then everyone else on this forum is having a go at me for giving as much back. I never even started it. Just leave it .
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I believe it's times you've visited the site, obviously that number is incorrect.

The number of visits is the amount of times someone has visted your online profile.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    From point of view you are just bringing it up just as everyone else has dropped it.
  • MrBond wrote:
    From point of view you are just bringing it up just as everyone else has dropped it.

No, Shardlake was having a go,
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 421
    You know, I was 13 when I first joined MI6 Forums in June 2005. I made some silly comments, but sometimes you realise just to drop it - no matter how old you are. Just saying.

Anyway, assuming it's Adele (which we don't know) what do you imagine the theme might be like given the apparent return to a classic Bond film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    MartinBond wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

Where the heck does QoS fit in? I have never said that QoS was hiphop or any other bond-song was. I am only pointing out that it, should it be the theme song, is a classic one aimed at the movie and it's viewers, not the music charts, so don't go all "you've got it wrong" without reason.

You mentioned hip hop and many posters here have referred to the Jack White/Alicia Keys song as being hip hop. Furthermore, I suggest you read what I wrote a little more closely because I clearly made that part of my post to a specific group of people. So relax.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 9,784
    MartinBond wrote:

If you do can you upload it as an mp3 file to rapid share I soooooooo want this!
  • You dont even know who your speaking too, so just shutup. Oh, and dont son me. Im a bigger bond fan than you ever could. You know nothing .

:))
    I'm a bigger Bond fan than you...nahh nahhh!! How old are you?
    Have you read all the Fleming books, do you own the original 1950's collection, do you own lots of Bond merchandise, did you go to Cubby's memorial service? I could go on.

Because I've done all the above, but its pathetic that I have had to stoop to your level. I think the question about `you don't know who you are speaking to' goes far more in my favour than yours, judging by your childish remarks.

• edited September 2012 Posts: 6,677
    Oh brother. Just to put my two cents on the page. jetsetwilly has seniority here. The guy´s old school Bond fan, as am I. I remember him very well and if he says something is green...it´s green. No need to carry that argument on.

That being said, good to see ya jetsetwilly.
  • God, jetsetwilly starts to get funny with me, then everyone else on this forum is having a go at me for giving as much back. I never even started it. Just leave it .

Maybe the problem is you, sonny. ;)
  • Univex wrote:
    Oh brother. Just to put my two cents on the page. jetsetwilly has seniority here. The guy´s old school Bond fan, as am I. I remember him very well and if he says something is green...it´s green. No need to carry that argument on.

Cheers mate.

MartinBond wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

I can't wait for skyfall to come out maybe the Quantum of solace bashing can finally end!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 6,677
    Univex wrote:

Cheers mate.

No problem. That´s the reason why so many of us went to B&B forums in the first place, right? Anyway, I´m still here, and at Cbn, and ajb007, and B&B. I´m everywhere, always have been (for more than a decade now). Cheers. No worries abour youngsters here, I guess we´ve got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals ;) No harm done, he didn´t know who you were.

Oh, BTW, I own one of those Gulf Mcqueen racing jackets ;) !

• edited September 2012 Posts: 3,280
    How the hell can a hmv staff member get a copy of the bond song. I refuse to beleive it and thats that.

Who knows. Life is full of little mysteries. Maybe a part-timer at HMV is a mate with a sound engineer who works at Abbey Road studios, who managed to get hold of an unlicenced bootleg copy, and thought it clever to play 1 minute of it in the store while his manager was out of the shop. Life is funny like that. These things can happen in real life too you know, not just in children's fairy-tale novels.

Or, maybe my mate heard a song which wasn't Adele at all, but sounded like her, or maybe it was her but he was mistaken by the lyrics (although knowing who this person is, I seriously doubt it).

Had you stated that as an opinion, I wouldn't have been on your case, but to accuse me of lying is a different ball game altogether. Now the gloves come off.
  • Volante wrote:

If any of my other mates had claimed they had heard this track in HMV, I would have probably thought they were mistaken. But as it is someone who is obsessed (and I mean obsessed) with movie soundtracks, he really knows his stuff (putting aside the fact he is an industry TV/film director - Dr. Who, Casualty, Land Girls, etc.)
  • AgentJM7 wrote:
    I have to side with @jetsetwilly too. Not only does it sound legit, but I respect his position. I believe (?) he was a fellow 00 Agent on the old KTBEU (Keeping the British End Up) MI6 boards - in itself an accolade, having had over 1,000 posts.

Either way, none of us have heard the alleged music. I know that Bond day isn't that far away anyway, but I have a feeling we are just days away from hearing something big. (Not based on anything, though!)
    Cheers AgentJM7.....yes I was one of the old-timer 00 agents on the good old KTBEU.
    Let''s hope an official annoncement is made next week, so this can all end (and my mate can also verify if it was in fact the song he heard in HMV).

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    People, people...all this name calling and childish behaviour is not a good situation to have going on.
    @Gareth00789 it's never a good idea to call anyone on any forum a liar, without sufficent evidence to back it up. I suggest you don't get into that habit here. You are entitled to your opinion, yet name calling and pulling the 'I'm a bigger Bond fan than you' routine isn't going to win you to many admirers.
    At the end of the day, just play nice peeps. Thanks.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I can't wait for skyfall to come out maybe the Quantum of solace bashing can finally end!

So that the Skyfall bashing can begin ;)

Kidding of course, although there will be some detractors for sure.
  • AgentJM7 wrote:
    You know, I was 13 when I first joined MI6 Forums in June 2005. I made some silly comments, but sometimes you realise just to drop it - no matter how old you are. Just saying.

Anyway, assuming it's Adele (which we don't know) what do you imagine the theme might be like given the apparent return to a classic Bond film.

Im not the only one thinking its
    God, jetsetwilly starts to get funny with me, then everyone else on this forum is having a go at me for giving as much back. I never even started it. Just leave it .

Maybe the problem is you, sonny. ;)

Narr, your the problem, your the one who started it become funny with me. So i dont think so, anyway i have forgoten it. I simply do not beleive you and if you dont like it, you know what to do. Stick your lies up where the sun dont shine,
    Benny wrote:
    People, people...all this name calling and childish behaviour is not a good situation to have going on.
    @Gareth00789 it's never a good idea to call anyone on any forum a liar, without sufficent evidence to back it up. I suggest you don't get into that habit here. You are entitled to your opinion, yet name calling and pulling the 'I'm a bigger Bond fan than you' routine isn't going to win you to many admirers.
    At the end of the day, just play nice peeps. Thanks.

Hi, Benny, if you look far back to all the posts, you will see that Jetsetwilly first staited the word lying. I never said he was to begin with. But because of him getting nasty with me, i said he is lying. He is the one who is causing truble in the forum not me.

He began to reply with cocky remarks, like i have been on here when you was still a star in your moms eye... etc. So that type of comment is accepted here is it. Why has that gone unnoticed ,hmmm. Becuase its not a very nice remark back,