SKYFALL Trailers & TV Spots Thread

Comments

• bondsum wrote:
    Looks like I'm getting everything I asked for... old style M's briefing room at hopefully Universal Exports with a fully formed 007 and his DB5 with optional extras. Consider me suitably tantalized.

Just a thought. Could this indeed be like many of you have said ,the last scene in the film with Bond entering through the classic leather door to M's office. Think about it. The MI6 building is attacked in SF and as a result they decide to move to a less obvious building - with a Universal Exports plaque on the wall outside. Could this be were we also get our first glimpse of Moneypenny?...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Anything is possible but things are shaping up nicely.
    bondsum wrote:
    Looks like I'm getting everything I asked for... old style M's briefing room at hopefully Universal Exports with a fully formed 007 and his DB5 with optional extras. Consider me suitably tantalized.

Hear, hear!

And don´t forget the creepy bigger than life villain and the perfect cinematography and Q and ....

Oh boy, this is going to be massive!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,444

Mommy look very bad. She look to her self in a mirror with a look that she succede/she have something to hyde. Mabey it is too soon to say: But mabey she a bad woman this time and mabey some other confuse Camile with her. Mabey she Dryden his Daughter.
  • bondsum wrote:

Just a thought. Could this indeed be like many of you have said ,the last scene in the film with Bond entering through the classic leather door to M's office. Think about it. The MI6 building is attacked in SF and as a result they decide to move to a less obvious building - with a Universal Exports plaque on the wall outside. Could this be were we also get our first glimpse of Moneypenny?...

I agree....to take it a step further, Bond walks in to M's secretary's office(the tossing of the hat would be epic)and there stands Eve and she tells Bond that her name is Moneypenny. He walks through the classic leather door to see Fiennes sitting in M's chair.
    Fade out. Cue the Bond theme................

• FredJB007 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

I agree....to take it a step further, Bond walks in to M's secretary's office(the tossing of the hat would be epic)and there stands Eve and she tells Bond that her name is Moneypenny. He walks through the classic leather door to see Fiennes sitting in M's chair.
    Fade out. Cue the Bond theme................

The hat toss is epic, but would look misplaced in a modern Bond-film, as nobody really wears those kinds of hats anymore, so no chance of that. And I'm actually rather glad about that: a homage is fine if it fits, otherwise it just distracts from the film.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 11,139
    No hats. That's one thing that doesn't need to return. Have him toss an umbrella (Craig's always tossing things) and let it land on the hook or forget the scenario altogether.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I agree, the hat doesn't makes sense in a modern day Bond.

However, I would love to see Ralph Fiennes's M smoking a pipe.

If he's the new M of course.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Have him toss an umbrella (Craig's always tossing things).

This had me laughing so hard :)

Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:
    We already know he utters the line when he's in M's appartment, after "enjoying death.
    How do we know that? Because it was presented that way in the trailer? Bond's mouth movement in the newest TV spot actually match the line. It looks/sounds much more suitable there too.

It's from the script pages some have got hold of.

Yes, but scripts are constantly revised, sometimes right up to the moment of shooting, and very often strong lines are moved around, sometimes to other scenes because they just work better there - I do this all the time when script writing, it's very common.

Well, I'd say you'd know so this may have been what happened. Is your full time job script writing @ColonelSun?

And directing. Over 75 commercials now, and onto my second feature film as director.

But I do have a gut feeling about this "007, reporting for duty," line. It seems very specific, very much written to have strong dramatic meaning.

And CR and QOS both ended with Craig's final lines which sharply summed up his personal journey in the story - I very strongly suspect this is the case here -- but I am only guessing.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,012
    doubleoego wrote:
    Have him toss an umbrella (Craig's always tossing things).

This had me laughing so hard :)

But it's true, he's always stylishly tossing things, keys, guns, cellphones... I'll go as far as calling it one of his Bond's trademarks.
    Nothing wrong with a good toss! ;)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Don't forget the occasional hat!

BondHatToss.jpg
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 11,119
    Bond entering someone's office (M's office or Mallory's?), saying: "007's reporting for duty."
    8021379555_76a8ac4a87_z.jpg

It's a picture from the latest TV Spot, which aired during the Emmy Awards. Does someone notice that beautiful pillowed leather door ;-)?
  • Bond entering someone's office (M's office or Mallory's?), saying: "007's reporting for duty."
    8021379555_76a8ac4a87_z.jpg

It's a picture from the latest TV Spot, which aired during the Emmy Awards. Does someone notice that beautiful pillowed door ;-)?
    He doesn't say that in this scene, I believe. According to script pages I have, he says it when he's in M's apartment.
  • Hehe, okay TheBondFan, thank you anyway ;-). Anyway, I already saw the big hype about 'the door'. Sorry for reposting it hehe.

Moreover, for who is Bond using the ejector seat :O ??
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 40,474
    I know too much already. These wandering eyes of mine need to quit reading things that aren't in spoiler tags.

Oh wait...these spoilers should be in spoiler tags? You don't say.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Not this again. If you don't want spoilers, don't watch videoblogs, trailers, don't read interviews and don't come here. Simple as that. You can't blame other people for your unsatisfiable thirst for Bond ;) .
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    @Creasy47 is right. This thread is not in the Spoilers section, which means anything that's not in the trailers/TV spots should be in spoiler tags.
    ColonelSun wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:
    We already know he utters the line when he's in M's appartment, after "enjoying death.
    How do we know that? Because it was presented that way in the trailer? Bond's mouth movement in the newest TV spot actually match the line. It looks/sounds much more suitable there too.

It's from the script pages some have got hold of.

Yes, but scripts are constantly revised, sometimes right up to the moment of shooting, and very often strong lines are moved around, sometimes to other scenes because they just work better there - I do this all the time when script writing, it's very common.

Well, I'd say you'd know so this may have been what happened. Is your full time job script writing @ColonelSun?

And directing. Over 75 commercials now, and onto my second feature film as director.

But I do have a gut feeling about this "007, reporting for duty," line. It seems very specific, very much written to have strong dramatic meaning.

And CR and QOS both ended with Craig's final lines which sharply summed up his personal journey in the story - I very strongly suspect this is the case here -- but I am only guessing.

Big name stuff or artsy fartsy independent?
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited September 2012 Posts: 543
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I know too much already. These wandering eyes of mine need to quit reading things that aren't in spoiler tags.
    Oh wait...these spoilers should be in spoiler tags? You don't say.
    lol!
    MartinBond wrote:
    Not this again. If you don't want spoilers, don't watch videoblogs, trailers, don't read interviews and don't come here. Simple as that. You can't blame other people for your unsatisfiable thirst for Bond ;) .
    But it's sooooo hard.... I try not to read other people's comment's on said pictures/videos that way I'm not formulating things in my mind, especially things that I didn't pick up like said "door". Anyways, that TV Spot was really cool and it just gets me excited about the movie even more, but we still have a month to go!
    MartinBond wrote:

Not only is the thread not in the Spoilers section, but if people are too incompetent to add spoiler tags - the simplicity is astounding, yet unbelievably impossible to grasp - then that means absolutely no other thread is safe.
  • I am unbelievably excited about this, the movie just seems to look like it's getting better and better. It looks like it is going to more than make up for Quantum of Solace.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited September 2012 Posts: 972
    From the first trailer, note the line on the roof :-) I guess the latest tv spot only confirms it...

8022150101_126c69abcf_c.jpg
  • Fyi, there's another TV spot that aired on TV, I heard it from the other room but didn't get there in time to catch it.
    Fyi, there's another TV spot that aired on TV, I heard it from the other room but didn't get there in time to catch it.

I wonder if there is new footage in it, or if it was just edited in a different way. I've been searching for it, but I can only find the Emmy spot.
  • Yeah I heard the "Bond, James Bond" in it so I don't think it's the Emmy spot. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Well, I'd say you'd know so this may have been what happened. Is your full time job script writing @ColonelSun?[/quote]

[/quote]

Big name stuff or artsy fartsy independent?[/quote]

Many films you watch are independently produced, probably far more than you realize. Other than the Hollywood/studio productions using the UK for studio or location shooting, and that includes the Bond films, most British films are independent. You are mistaking independent for art house, or "artsy fartsy" as u call it. Some major players like "Wild Bunch" produce independent films some of which are aimed at a more art-house audience; but many independent films are aiming for much wider audiences, for example excellent genre films like "Moon" or "Kick Ass" (Marv Films and Plan B) or, "Attack the Block", or "The Disappearance of Alice Creed" with Gemma Arterton hot off QOS. I'm in pre-production on an independent Brit film - a science fiction thriller with a Quatermass/ Andromeda Strain vibe to it.

Anyway, back on topic and back to Bond.

• edited September 2012 Posts: 1,215
    "007 reporting for duty." is not the final line, it's from the scene in M's flat.
    I don't think it is.