SKYFALL Trailers & TV Spots Thread

Comments

They're slowly leaking IMAX trailer footage, just release the damn thing!

Pleaseeee.
  • Tony Lewis just watched Skyfall.

Tony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

Just had our first complete run. Wow. Utterly fabulous Bond. Even if we say so ourselves. #SKYFALL

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Tony Lewis just watched Skyfall.

Tony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

Just had our first complete run. Wow. Utterly fabulous Bond. Even if we say so ourselves. #SKYFALL

I noticed, opened his twitter page by chance. Now I'm curious to know if he's going to say something interesting (albeit cryptic as always) about the film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hmmmmm.
  • I asked if the gun barrel opens the film. Worth a try, but no tweet back.

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to put it anywhere else again.

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to put it anywhere else again.

What do you think its certainly at the begining. I understand this is supposed to be bond with a captial B, its just, it's been on my mind for many years.

• tqbtqb
    its funny how much people care about the barrel
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    tqb wrote:

Why is that funny?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    http://commanderbond.net/15638/another-skyfall-tv-spot.html
    another new tv spot- this one says 'in cinemas NOV 1' but it's a sony india FB post so that must be the open date for that part of the world
    Thanks for the link, @=bg=. Shame there's no new footage, though, and I worry I'm already tiring of seeing Craig adjust his cuffs in the train. It was so amazing the first time, but 100 times later...
    I'd like to see some more DB5 in 'em.
    Still prefer the Asian trailer with Jap voiceover man at the end!
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Still prefer the Asian trailer with Jap voiceover man at the end!

I love getting into the world of Bond, just to be interrupted by incredibly loud Chinese. I had a slight heart attack the first time I saw it, :))
  • tqbtqb
    Creasy47 wrote:
    tqb wrote:

Why is that funny?

Because it shouldn't make or break a movie.
    Oh, I wasn't aware it was making or breaking the film for people. That is bad.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,215
    Frankly, as long as the movie is good then I really wouldn't be heartbroken if there wasn't even a gunbarrel. In my eyes, it's probably one of the least important factors.
  • The gunbarrel is important to me, probably even more important than the theme song. Seeing those white dots roll across the screen, you know it's a Bond film, and I'd be upset and pissed off if they took it out.
    Has to be in the front. It DEFINES the start of a Bond movie.
  • tqbtqb
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,022
    Edit
  • The gunbarrel is important to me, probably even more important than the theme song. Seeing those white dots roll across the screen, you know it's a Bond film, and I'd be upset and pissed off if they took it out.

Hopefully (and i am sure it is) the gunbarrel is back where it belongs before the PTS. I remember watching QOS and I was like..."where is the gunbarrel?"...Its like if you went to see an Indiana Jones film...You would expect the Paramount logo to turn into a mountain or a pile of dirt or maybe even a pile of mashed potato (maybe the 5th one could use that and it would also be a homage to Spielberg's own Close Encounters!)...alos imagine the STAR WARS films without the scroll....Bond films need the gunbarrel and the white dots. And they need to be at the beginning....

• gt007gt007 Station G
    A new spot from Sony Pictures Austria with many new shots:

gt007 wrote:

That works so well. The song really has power with the images. This Bond is looking and sounding very, very good indeed.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,329

gt007 wrote:

Wow! Just WOW!
  • Its great. A bit weird that it is a bit like one i put together and placed in fan media that included an edit of the PTS sequence, an imaginary title sequence with swimming ladies with Adele's song and then clips from the film that continue to play over the title song. However that got pulled from youtube...As Colonel Sun stated the song is quite powerful with the images.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Very nice :-bd
    gt007 wrote:

Some nice new images there! Thanks for posting!
  • Is it just me or is anyone else sick to death of the over-use of the scene of Craig/Bond adjusting his cufflinks after jumping off the truck into the moving bus? It has featured in virtually every Trailer and TV spot released - and once again featured in this morning's released preview of the OTS.

Earlier this week there were the 2 U.S. TV Spots which apparently were supposed to focus on a particular element of SF e.g. the Villains....yet, this same cuff-link scene cropped up in both spots!

Aaarrgghh...its frustrating and in my opinion, lazy editing and work by the PR and Marketing team at EON.

Sure it's a classic "Bondian Moment" (as we keep on hearing from Sam Mendes) but surely there are other examples of such Bondian humour that could be used rather than over-and over again using this same one scene. It really devalues the impact of the scene now when we all eventually see SF on the big screen.

In a film with a rumored run-time of 140 minutes there must be other scenes which could be used.

Is it just me or is anyone else sick to death of the over-use of the scene of Craig/Bond adjusting his cufflinks after jumping off the truck into the moving bus? It has featured in virtually every Trailer and TV spot released - and once again featured in this morning's released preview of the OTS.

Earlier this week there were the 2 U.S. TV Spots which apparently were supposed to focus on a particular element of SF e.g. the Villains....yet, this same cuff-link scene cropped up in both spots!

Aaarrgghh...its frustrating and in my opinion, lazy editing and work by the PR and Marketing team at EON.

Sure it's a classic "Bondian Moment" (as we keep on hearing from Sam Mendes) but surely there are other examples of such Bondian humour that could be used rather than over-and over again using this same one scene. It really devalues the impact of the scene now when we all eventually see SF on the big screen.

In a film with a rumored run-time of 140 minutes there must be other scenes which could be used.

Maybe for you and us as Bond fans. But do not forget that the general audience doesn't follow Bond as closely as us, and this must be the first time they have seen it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Some more new shots there. Bond preparing for 'war' at the end of the film - nice!