Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• Ryan Tedder has tweeted that he heared the skyfall theme from adele, so it is enought confirmaton for me
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 31
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't care what anyone says: EON, MGM, and the like have not released a confirmation, so as 99.9% sure as it seems that Adele is doing the song, I'll hold out for said official confirmation. Ryan Seacrest =/= MGM/EON.
    Ryan Tedder, not Seacrest. This is a deleted tweet from a man who co-wrote and produced one of Adele's hit singles ("Rumour Has It"), and also co-wrote another notable 21 track ("Turning Tables").

It's not official confirmation, but it's about as close as you can get ahead of that--that is, unless tweeted by Adele or Paul Epworth. Epworth's tweets were vague enough for plausible deniability; Tedder's wasn't. Indeed, Tedder's tweet all but confirms it has the same writing & production credits as "Rolling in the Deep"--written by Adele & Epworth (especially the Oscar shout-out as Best Original Song goes to the song's writers), produced by Epworth. (Edit: It doesn't exclude Thomas Newman as a possible co-writer.)

IF it's wrong and EON won't deny it, Adele's camp (XL Recordings, Columbia Records, etc.) probably will--and even that might be seen as a smokescreen till EON makes the official announcement. I'd say it's at least 99.9% certain, and if not denied within the next 48 hours it'll be 99.99%.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    "Theres a 50 / 50 chance..and theres only a 10% chance of that" - The Naked Gun 1988
    Sorry, it looks like i'm trolling again b-(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ryan Tedder has tweeted that he heared the skyfall theme from adele, so it is enought confirmaton for me

Man are some of you easily convinced. It's like Tedder is suddenly Abe Lincoln.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Is it too late for one last push?

[-O<
  • This thread gives aspirin a headache. But, yet I have to check it everyday to see if something has been "confirmed" :). I do not remember that it was the same thing when the title was yet to be announced? The rumour said that it was SkyFall, EON didn´t say anything then but still everyone knew the title a while before it was announced. So, what does it take to be confident enough? A confirmation from EON? A confirmation from Adele? A confirmation from Newman (maybe he is EON in this sense)?
  • Lofqvist wrote:
    This thread gives aspirin a headache. But, yet I have to check it everyday to see if something has been "confirmed" :). I do not remember that it was the same thing when the title was yet to be announced? The rumour said that it was SkyFall, EON didn´t say anything then but still everyone knew the title a while before it was announced. So, what does it take to be confident enough? A confirmation from EON? A confirmation from Adele? A confirmation from Newman (maybe he is EON in this sense)?

Yes, I mean, it could be the second worst kept secret for Skyfall. FIrst the name, then the song.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I posted the info below earlier today on the Thomas Newman thread but could be relevant here too, Adeles track record for sales could mean big things for the Skyfall Soundtrack CD, after release of the film -

"pushed back to 29th October instead of 22nd... not sure why...Could it have something to do with track listings giving away hint at plot, so they want the film to come out before?? or is it to make more money on release because the soundtrack is going to be so memorable people will just want to own it after seeing the film...either way I look at this postponment with a positive vibe!!"

All soundtracks since 1995 have been released prior to the movie. Theres something special about this one folks! :-bd
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Is it too late for one last push?

[-O<

I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!! %-(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This thread gives me a headache, as well. I think I'll exit it until we receive an official confirmation.

Oh, by the way, my dog tweeted that N'Sync will be doing the theme song. Confirmed, officially, 100% now.
  • I am also sick of this thread. lol. Im just checking back once in a while,
    Creasy47 wrote:
    This thread gives me a headache, as well. I think I'll exit it until we receive an official confirmation.

Oh, by the way, my dog tweeted that N'Sync will be doing the theme song. Confirmed, officially, 100% now.
    Oh, good to see them making a comeback! Well, if New Kids on the Block can do it, why not N'Sync?!

But seriously, when it is announced by EON, can the one that started this discussion just change the thread title to "confirmed".

Thanks. :-h
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Are you sure it wasn't N*Sync tweeting that your dog will be doing the theme? I'm confident that would sound a whole lot better. :o3
  • QBranch wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Are you sure it wasn't N*Sync tweeting that your dog will be doing the theme? I'm confident that would sound a whole lot better. :o3

It's official. Tom Jones is back for Skyfall theme. It's called, Let the Skyfall. joke. :) hrrrr hurry up with the announcement.
    QBranch wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I think you're right. My dog is cute and would produce much better vocals.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I think you're right. My dog is cute and would produce much better vocals.

A little off-topic, what what kind of dog do you have?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    how have we started to disgus dogs on a bond title thead lol. We realy must have got sick of the adele rumours lol .
    Oh what irony that one of Adele's hit songs is called " Rumour has it! Rumour has it she's doing Skyfall!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, my family and I have had her for three years, and I'm still clueless as to what type of dog she is. She's a mix of something that I can never, ever remember, and it's very pathetic on my part.

And we got to discussing dogs because it's been confirmed that my dog (thanks to tweets from N'Sync) will be doing the Skyfall theme song, not Adele, as previously rumored.
    Came across this fake while doing one of those "I'm really just browsing around randomly...what, 2 hours have passed???"-Youtube sessions. Quite good!

That song sounds like a theme to a western film.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,973
    The girl singing in the Heineken ad is Gin Wigmore, whose music is along the lines of Duffy and Amy Winehouse. I don't suppose there's any chance she could be singing the theme for Skyfall (I'm not referring to the song on this ad- but the actual SF theme). Personally, I think her voice is too nasal for the official theme- and besides, Adele seems to be locked in already. Just a little thought I had.
  • I was just thinking that! She does sound quite Bond to me.
    The song is DAMN good too. She won't be for Skyfall (It's Adele hands down. It just is)
    But for a future flick?

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    just based off of all the 40 seconds i could stand to listen to in that clip above.. Gin Wigmore would beat out LuLu as the worst Bond theme artist of all time.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Bond Day two weeks today. We will hopefuly know soon.
    I posted the info below earlier today on the Thomas Newman thread but could be relevant here too, Adeles track record for sales could mean big things for the Skyfall Soundtrack CD, after release of the film -

"pushed back to 29th October instead of 22nd... not sure why...Could it have something to do with track listings giving away hint at plot, so they want the film to come out before?? or is it to make more money on release because the soundtrack is going to be so memorable people will just want to own it after seeing the film...either way I look at this postponment with a positive vibe!!"

All soundtracks since 1995 have been released prior to the movie. Theres something special about this one folks! :-bd
    I agree with your analysis, @Monsieur_Aubergine. I too think this soundtrack is going to be special and look forward to hearing the score in full. Everything is pointing to this being a fantastic and original piece, especially with Adele's imput at the fore. (Yep, I still believe she's got the job) I too think this could be a big seller for EON and for all the reasons you've pointed out in your post.

Though I do think on this occassion I shall wait until I've seen the movie first before I rush out and buy a copy as I find it a bit off putting knowing how the music builds when watching the accompanying images for the first time. I want the sound and pictures to be both fresh and exclusive for that initial presentation.

And @Gareth00789, don't forget that on James Bond Day there's a Music of Bond evening hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Los Angeles. If EON really want to tease the fans all day long it might not be until this event has been hosted that we hear the song for the very first time. That could mean with their time difference we don't find out the song in the UK until 5AM on 6th October!! Just a thought.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Home entertainment retailer HMV have today denied playing the title song to the new James Bond film "Skyfall" in one of its stores.

Earlier, Twitter users claimed that they heard the track, purportedly by Adele, being played at a HMV store in Guildford today. One even claimed it had a "bit of a Living Daylights feel to the music."

A spokesperson for HMV told Capitalfm.com they had contacted the store in question and staff were adamant that the theme tune had not been played on their multi-CD player, which provides all in-store entertainment.

Gennaro Castaldo said: "The only thing we can think of that could feasibly have happened, though none of our staff heard it played - so it sounds very unlikely - is that a member of the public came in and, using their digital device, played a snippet of the song on one of the store's speaker docks, which we stock and the public are free to use/test." He added that this was "very unlikely scenario".

Despite all the rumours, tabloid 'confirmations' and bookmakers already paying out 'winning' bets, the identity of the "Skyfall" title track artist has not been revealed by EON Productions or Sony Pictures. Many speculate that this unveiling will take place on global James Bond day, October 5th.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10426&t=mi6&s=news

If this is true HMV's excuse is very poor!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Interesting, @Samuel001. Just checked the source and it's one Steve Hughes, director or Dr Who, Land Girls and Holby. He says: Sure I just heard Adele's Bond song in HMV. Bit of a Living Daylights feel to the music. Very cool, understated, not big or brassy, melancholic. I liked it. It definitely had the lyrics Sky and something like "and I see you fall" or something like that. I'm certain! I'm just checking the previous albums now to make sure I didn't imagine it... Just scanned both albums and it wasn't on it. The one I heard today had an electronic feel to the music, unlike her usual stuff.

I'm not sure what he heard and whether he knows exactly what he heard. It doesn't make any sense that HMV Guildford would have a copy of the new song, especially as it's not even official yet. I also don't think someone who had a copy would risk their reputation by plugging it into the instore speaker docks. I'll file this one under probably not true.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It's BS. If it was played, HMV did it.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    And where did HMV find it?