Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Lol I only just caught the date of the TT comments. Argh! If it is Adele EoN might as well just announce it and release the song come Bond day.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Also, what do you guys make of Tony's comment to me on twitter. Im not sure if he is bluffing, or he realy didnt know about the Jonathan Ross Show with Adele. ??? This is all so intriguing.
    He's cleverly worded it in a way which leaves any option open.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Are they really going to drag this out for another two and a half weeks until Bond day when the horse has practically bolted?

Theres a fine line between fuelling speculation as part of the publicity drive and becoming tedious and we are getting very close to that line now.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 14,022
    If, on Bond Day, EON announce the artist as anyone other than Adele or Muse, the earth might just explode.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    edited September 2012 Posts: 108
    It really seems like there's no other option than Adele. I think it looks like they are preparing a true promo blitz for the song. I think they will announce the song and the singer live on stage and directly send the song to the radios and push it onto download stores. And only after that concerted event the official press release will be published. Would be the absolute maximum of publicity - only that the public belief now is quite satisfied in hearing it is confirmed although it is not.

What about a duet? Adeles former producer Mark Ronson produced Rufus Wainwright's Out of the Game to critical acclaim this year. He is highly acclaimed, a brilliant song writer and one of my favourites. Adele's voice would fit perfectly to his dramatical vibrato... Oh, I start dreaming!
    With all these rumours, Skyfall must be the Bond film where most rumours surrounding it came true!
    Skyfall is the name of the next Bond film!
    Ralph Fiennes is in it!
    Ben Whishaw is Q!
    Bond will have a beard!
    Even Bond meeting the Queen for the Olympics came true, even though it was so ridiculous that everyone shot it down.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rachel Weisz turns up in the film as the head of Quantum!
  • RC7RC7
    bondsum wrote:
    He continued: "I've always wanted to do a Bond theme. I'm a bit jealous actually.

If this ever happened I'd blow my own face off with a 12-gauge.

• RC7 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    He continued: "I've always wanted to do a Bond theme. I'm a bit jealous actually.

HAHA! Know the feeling...

Indeed, the day a rapper does the theme for a Bond film shall be the end for me. Hell, Alicia Keys was bad enough!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    The Quantum of Solace theme tune wasnt that great. It had some catchy bits to it, but it began realy bad, so i think. I have high hopes for the new theme tune. It will beat the qos one by a mile, hopefuly.

When Tony said, alot has changed since then, it sounds like Adele has had some involvment. Maby she was selected but then they have changed their mind due to her spilling the beans. Does anybody else think it might have been Adele and now its not????

• Yes, confirming a rumour. lol
    edited September 2012 Posts: 14,022
    RC7 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    8-X Anything to star in your own gunbarrel sequence... ;)

I don't mind a bit of his music, but needless to say, it doesn't belong in the Bond universe.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    bondsum wrote:
    Speaking at the Mercury Prize on 6 September 2011, Tempah mentioned: "I was with her (Adele) yesterday, she was telling me about it and that's amazing."

He continued: "I've always wanted to do a Bond theme. I'm a bit jealous actually. No, let's leave it to her (Adele), it's always a really big diva that does it right?"

In the bag from day one. Great find. It's almost October, finally!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The day when Adele is officially announced, how many newspapers going to care because form their point of view she is already confirmed. Right?
    None I would assume. Though on the day, many think the song will be released too - only three weeks before the film opens.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    None I would assume. Though on the day, many think the song will be released too - only three weeks before the film opens.

It's nearly six weeks till the film launches, so we have to here the song a few weeks before that, surley. If not, then theres something wrong.
    Samuel001 wrote:

It's nearly six weeks till the film launches, so we have to here the song a few weeks before that, surley. If not, then theres something wrong.

There is nothing wrong, it's just when EON choose to release it. The 5th, three weeks before the 26th, is the perfect day for that.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    Speaking at the Mercury Prize on 6 September 2011, Tempah mentioned: "I was with her (Adele) yesterday, she was telling me about it and that's amazing."

He continued: "I've always wanted to do a Bond theme. I'm a bit jealous actually. No, let's leave it to her (Adele), it's always a really big diva that does it right?"

It was actually @Gareth00789 that posted the BBC News item and I simply hilighted the Tempah quote so I'll pass on the credit to him for that find.

I agree with everyone here that it would be a shotgun to the mouth moment if Tempah ever got to sing the Bond song.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

There is nothing wrong, it's just when EON choose to release it. The 5th, three weeks before the 26th, is the perfect day for that.

Yes, thats what i mean. A few weeks before the film. if we didnt then it would be strange. But bond day is a few weeks before, so it should be good.

Thank you Bonsum for the compliment on finding the BBC News. You welcome, anything to help out bondfans.
    You're welcome, @Gareth00789. I see on the MI6 home page there is a story about William Hill, the leading bookmaker in the UK, has begun paying bets that Adele will sing the title theme to "Skyfall" even though there is no official confirmation yet. It's very rare when that happens that it doesn't turn out to be the final result.
    Well thank you @Gareth00789 then. Foolish of Adele to talk about Bond so soon after she found out about it, even if we didn't find this piece of news until now.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Well thank you @Gareth00789 then. Foolish of Adele to talk about Bond so soon after she found out about it, even if we didn't find this piece of news until now.

Sameuel001, r u from the UK.?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondsum wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

It was actually @Gareth00789 that posted the BBC News item and I simply hilighted the Tempah quote so I'll pass on the credit to him for that find.

I agree with everyone here that it would be a shotgun to the mouth moment if Tempah ever got to sing the Bond song.

Tiny Tempah has no interest in doing a Bond song. His music is grime/urban and although he's a lot more commercial now still, he wouldn't do a Bond sing and he'd never be approached. His comments are basically backing Adele and of course honouring the legend that is Bond.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Sameuel001, r u from the UK.?

Indeed I am.
    k, thanks, so am I. Bond sure makes you proud to be british. :) Thats funny, your birthday is on 1 july, and mine is on the 6th. Ha, and im 23.

Something strange is that bond was founded on 6th july, my Birthday. And i just became a bond fan as I grew up lol..

Are you a gamer, do you have 360? PS3?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    k, thanks, so am I. Bond sure makes you proud to be british. :) Thats funny, your birthday is on 1 july, and mine is on the 6th. Ha, and im 23.

Something strange is that bond was founded on 6th july, my Birthday. And i just became a bond fan as I grew up lol..

What do you mean by founded on the 6th of july?
    edited September 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Something strange is that bond was founded on 6th july, my Birthday.

Hate to disappoint you but on what grounds are you basing that exactly?

Fleming wrote CR in early 1952 and DN was released in October. Please tell me you arent referring to a game or I might just throw my laptop across the room.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Fleming wrote CR in early 1952 and DN was released in October. Please tell me you arent referring to a game or I might just throw my laptop across the room.

That's what I am wondering. There are so many Bond events that kicked off so many things for the character, so I doubt one could limit the founding on the character/franchise to a singular event.

That's what I am wondering. There are so many Bond events that kicked off so many things for the character, so I doubt one could limit the founding on the character/franchise to a singular event.

Well I think you can - its when a bloke that perhaps some people have never heard of round here - Ian Fleming - sat down and wrote the 'spy story to end all spy stories'.

Jesus Christ - what have we come to if this is even up for debate?
  • k, thanks, so am I. Bond sure makes you proud to be british. :) Thats funny, your birthday is on 1 july, and mine is on the 6th. Ha, and im 23.

What do you mean by founded on the 6th of july?

It says bond was founded on 6th july, that means born basiclly. It was the day ian fleming created the character.