Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• I wish they would hurry up an confirm it, i think they are stalling it this long becuase it is will be Adele. we all know realy that it is, she can only be doing one theme, and its the bond theme. got to be.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Just wait until the 5th and we'll have the answer. What's the hurry? Plenty of other Bond news to go around until then.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,972
    If we're able to listen to the theme before the film comes out, will you want to hear it? For me, it would ruin the surprise of hearing it in the cinema first. I'll gladly wait until then.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'd love to listen to it but then I always do.
  • The 5th? No. :P

Seriously, they have no reason to delay it, and its the last piece of really big news before the film comes out. Maybe they're trying to pace it.

Off to record a little bit of history.

29 ago DavidGArnold ‏@DavidGArnold
    @paulepworth not again...

@paulepworth how much history are you going to end up recording?

@paulepworth because it likes a break every 90 mins
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Rossi wrote:

Off to record a little bit of history.

@paulepworth not again...

@paulepworth how much history are you going to end up recording?

@paulepworth because it likes a break every 90 mins

Does Arnold know something we don't?? /:)
    It's offical

there will be a main title song ;) couldn't resist.
  • Of course there will be a main title song.. Anything else would be a disaster :P
  • Ive waited so long, i will listen to it soon as its available. I would rather hear it and know its good than wait to find out at cinema, It doesnt ruin it for me. I dont mind.
  • I will probably not listen to the actual song, but look at the reaction from Bond fans. I'll then see/listen to it in the cinema and see if it's better or worse than my expectations had allowed.

Of course, the title artist will give away some of what the song can be like - it's just the actual song which will bear the surprises!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    I will probably not listen to the actual song, but look at the reaction from Bond fans. I'll then see/listen to it in the cinema and see if it's better or worse than my expectations had allowed.

Of course, the title artist will give away some of what the song can be like - it's just the actual song which will bear the surprises!

I think I'm going to do the same: listen to the reactions, not the song, until the film releases.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    I will probably not listen to the actual song, but look at the reaction from Bond fans. I'll then see/listen to it in the cinema and see if it's better or worse than my expectations had allowed.

I think I'm going to do the same: listen to the reactions, not the song, until the film releases.

I wish i could do the same, but i know that when it comes out, I will be to tempted to listen to it. You do well to hold it off if you dont.
  • Hang on.......doesn't the Theme song always come out a month before the movie??

Another Way To Die was previewed on Radio 1 on 13 September. We haven't even been given an announcement on the artist who's doing this one yet.......
  • robboadam wrote:
    Hang on.......doesn't the Theme song always come out a month before the movie??

Another Way To Die was previewed on Radio 1 on 13 September. We haven't even been given an announcement on the artist who's doing this one yet.......

Quantum of Solace theme tune was announced because the tune was on the Coke Zero advert, and the artists Jack White wasnt happy.
  • robboadam wrote:
    Hang on.......doesn't the Theme song always come out a month before the movie??

Quantum of Solace theme tune was announced because the tune was on the Coke Zero advert, and the artists Jack White wasnt happy.

But You Know My Name was September 20......so surely it has to be soon?
    doubleoego wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks LALD is painfully overrated? I thinks it's an average song at best and as a Bond song it's meh.

YKMN is a great song and an even better Bond theme song. I love it and feel that it really defines the Craig era with conviction in a signature way.

Agree with u on Ykmn. Surrender was another decent Arnold effort. I get where you're coming from with LALD but I just can't help loving it.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks LALD is painfully overrated? I thinks it's an average song at best and as a Bond song it's meh.

YKMN is a great song and an even better Bond theme song. I love it and feel that it really defines the Craig era with conviction in a signature way.

LALD overrated?? It is a classic rocksong played live by quite a few big names and is easily recognisable as a 007 titlesong. So in that aspect it is very good song whose purpose is very well achieved.

YKMN is a nice effort but will not be recognised by most folks outside the 007 fandom for what it is, so a bit of a meh-effort in commercial aspect.

I belive that McCarty's song will still be played in decades to come. YKMN will not suffer that destiny. Because McCarty's effort is far more accomplished than what Arnolds era has delivered so far.

And I will wager that Adele's efort will turn out to be the defining song for the DC era, well it is about time the man got a decent tune for his 00 movie.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    While I wouldn't put LALD as the no. 1 tune as has it has been voted (for me that would be OHMSS Theme) it's an extremely memorable track and seriously better than YKMN.

I'm not even much of a fan of Macca I find most of the music he produced after leaving the Beatles as not to my taste but his collaboration with Fab Four producer the great George Martin will indeed stand the test of time.

I'm not sure I'll really like Adele's Skyfall theme, I'm hoping it will be memorable and a quality collaboration with Newman but as SaintMark said it will be the defining theme of Craig's era, the first time in decades they've actually given the job to someone is at the height of their popularity.
    The entire LALD score is very good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

• Sorry ;)) This is news to me. I thought you guys are just speculating.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    This is still speculation. I sent a link from this site, and was told not to post anything unless its confirmaion of eon or Adele herself. Nothing is official yet.

• My god i'd wish they just announce the singer and song for BOTH toe main titles and end credits.
  • James Medley
    @MusicEditorcouk Do you have any idea when we will get the title song and the artist reveal? James Bond Day perhaps? #5Oct

Tony Lewis Tony Lewis ‏
    @James_Hammers can't reveal that yet. Sorry

https://twitter.com/MusicEditorcouk
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @Risico007 Rush really would be great. I prefer the rock themes too and I'd like one for SF but chances are it'll be Adele :(
    Germanlady wrote:

For once a Bond poll I agree with!
    doubleoego wrote:

YKMN is a great rock song and one of the best Bond themes, but I don't think in any way LALD is overrated. It's a great, iconic rock song and I think it's the best Bond theme.

Like SaintMark said, LALD will still be played years from now, it's been covered tons of times (shoot me but I prefer the Guns n Roses version to the original), etc.

YKMN is a good rock song but it will soon be forgotten, LALD is a classic that has lived on for years and will live on for more.
  • @MusicEditorcouk Im so excited for the Skyfall theme. Hope it has a great vocal and catchy tune. :)

2hTony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

@Bond_Fan007 it certainly does
  • @Gareth00789 This tweet gets me excited