Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Live And Let Die takes it for me, and not because QOS is as awful as people say. It did the job DAF failed to do.

@ Kerim- Craig did try to start plucking Olga's cherry but she turned him down. His best chance for that was earlier in the film when they first met and she invited him to go out for some drinks. I liked that they did that, it was different and gives the movie a little distinction from others. Will definitely make for a good trivia questions at the least.

I kind of forgotten about that part. I'll reword it to "was unable to" or something to that effect.
    There'll be plenty of shagging come fall :D

At least twice per the trailers. The question is will Craig still maintain his perfect (shag) to death record.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I quite like QoS, however LALD gets my vote. I find it far moore enjoyable to watch as there's a lot moore going on, and the action scenes and characters are moore memorable. A solid debut for Roger.
  • @ Kerim- Maybe Severine for the "death shag" but I'll speculate and conjecture Eve and the Greek girl (playing probably a Turkish girl) get away OK.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Live and Let Die
    LALD. Quantum of Solace has got too much action.
    W_PPK wrote:
    LALD. Quantum of Solace has got too much action.

Apart from in the bedroom...
    LIVE AND LET DIE
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    QOS

It doesn't have Solitaire, which is a bad thing, but it doesn't have Pepper, which makes up for everything.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:
    QOS

It doesn't have Solitaire, which is a bad thing, but it doesn't have Pepper, which makes up for everything.

Terror has a new name..."Elvis!" ;)

Live And Let Die
    I'm loving how equally matched these two seem to be on here! As for me, I vote Live and Let Die because it has better villains, a better soundtrack, and better 007, and a much easier-to-understand plot!
  • 00Beast wrote:
    I'm loving how equally matched these two seem to be on here! As for me, I vote Live and Let Die because it has better villains, a better soundtrack, and better 007, and a much easier-to-understand plot!

Other than a better 007, this makes sense as far as breaking down by category. Sir Roger doesn't have the kind of edge here that rivals Craig. Better examples of Moore with a dangerous edge that do better in comparison are FYEO and TMWTGG. Just my opinion.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Sir Roger doesn't have the kind of edge here that rivals Craig. Better examples of Moore with a dangerous edge that do better in comparison are FYEO and TMWTGG. Just my opinion.

I think when Moore was more serious it didn't suit him. I think he's at his best when he balances the humour and the darkness, like in TSWLM, OP or LALD. If he goes overboard on the humour it's a bit too campy, but if he tries to be more serious it doesn't suit him imo.
    When did Sir Rog go overboard on the humour? I'm not being facetious - just wondering what you think is too far.

My feeling is that while some of the visual/sound gags were pushing the envelope, Rog himself never over did his lines or scenes. So within the realms of what he personally had control over, Rog was actually doing the best he could with the material that he was given.
  • Getafix wrote:
    When did Sir Rog go overboard on the humour? I'm not being facetious - just wondering what you think is too far.

My feeling is that while some of the visual/sound gags were pushing the envelope, Rog himself never over did his lines or scenes. So within the realms of what he personally had control over, Rog was actually doing the best he could with the material that he was given.

Well not him himself, the sight and sound gags like the tarzan scene. So yeah it's the materials fault I guess. I agree he always did the best he could with it and pulled it off well, I just prefer it when he has a nice balance of comedy and seriousness. OP is a good example, and TSWLM.
    I am a big OP fan but the early scenes in India are almost like watching a slapstick comedy at times. I actually can't help laughing at the jokes, even if I prefer my Bond a little more rooted in seriousness.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm going with LALD simply because QoS, although a decent film in general, as a Bond film I think it's the least fun movie of the series.
    Are you kidding me

A choice between Quantum of Solace and Live and Let Die ?, this will keep me sniggering all night..

(Straight face)... Live and Let Die wins
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Considering it is your favorite, nobody could be kidding you @Baltimore.
    No James Bond release comes above Live and Let Die for me, but when I saw this latest round, well, it was too much to bear in silence..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    No James Bond release comes above Live and Let Die for me, but when I saw this latest round, well, it was too much to bear in silence..

Well of course. LALD will never even begin to compete with any other release. We all have our favorites, and we all feel that way.
    Are you kidding me

A choice between Quantum of Solace and Live and Let Die ?, this will keep me sniggering all night..

(Straight face)... Live and Let Die wins

It's just a match-up my friend, no worries! I chose them because there is a good amount of variety between the two for differing fans to choose from, such as a fun, colorful adventure vs. a serious, dramatic adventure, or wild and outlandish villains vs. real world, suit-wearing villains. Even the comparison between the personalities of Roger Moore and Daniel Craig as Bond actors weighs heavily on choosing between the two.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Tough one 00Beast. Tough one indeed. Everything you said is true, and that is what makes it so difficult. Still, I have to go with

Live and Let Die, despite Sheriff Pepper.
    LALD

List of Rating.
    LALD - 11
    OoS - 15
    LALD
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    LALD
    Come back, @00Beast!!! ;)
    SJK91 wrote:

He's been gone for a day, mate. Though I presume you are joking.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    SJK91 wrote:

I think he means so we can start the next round.
    Murdock wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:

I think he means so we can start the next round.
    I'd say both of you are correct.