Who could/should play Felix Leiter in the post-Craig era?

12346»

Comments

• sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I think Lord was chosen to help woo the American public. He was a big name at the time, and I think it helped the US audience see an American agent that was as cool as Bond.

Even though I'd argue that Jeffrey Wright is by far the best actor to have played Felix, I think a lot of casual American fans would site Jack Lord as the best Leiter because he was young, cool, and very much a lead actor. It's very easy to imagine Lord's Leiter having his own adventures, in much the same way it is to imagine Fiennes' M going on missions. Eon might feel the need for an established name in order to boost the domestic market.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited May 21 Posts: 2,976
    Agree that if it hadn't been Connery as Bond, Jack Lord could well have overshadowed whoever was playing the role. Cool, sharp, handsome and bags of swazzle - like sandbagger says, it's easy to picture Lord's Leiter as a lead character in his own right. But, as Jordo rightly put it, Connery was the coolest man on the planet, so...no. Shame that Lord couldn't see what a good thing he'd landed. Short-term thinking, Jack!:
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Could Connery have matched an Eastwood Felix? Maybe, maybe not, but I would have loved to have seen these two in their prime. Jack Lord was cool, but Eastwood was on another level.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    An Eastwood Leiter in DN,GF, TB & DAF wow!
    Now that would’ve been something.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Benny wrote: »
    An Eastwood Leiter in DN,GF, TB & DAF wow!
    Now that would’ve been something.

This would be very cool. Nice shout @talos7 (were you a casting director in a past life? Or possibly you are one in the alternative universe where Eastwood was cast opposite Connery in these films— and your alternate self was responsible. That’s my story on you, and I’m sticking to it!)
    Lol, @peter , my two dream jobs, “ Script Doctor “ and casting director. 😏
    I believe, at some point, he's been suggested but Anson Mount of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds would be a good choice. At 51 he would fall into the slightly older, but still cool, mentor category of Felix.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    For those who have seen Civil War, how about Wagner Moura as Felix Leiter?

MV5BYzkyN2QwYzEtOTJjMS00ODgzLTlkNzUtZjU2OGZiMzE0NGQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzEwODIxNzE@._V1_.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    For those who have seen Civil War, how about Wagner Moura as Felix Leiter?

MV5BYzkyN2QwYzEtOTJjMS00ODgzLTlkNzUtZjU2OGZiMzE0NGQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzEwODIxNzE@._V1_.jpg

He would've had my vote even after something like Narcos, but I'd be down for such a casting especially after seeing his performance in Civil War. Great nomination there.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    talos7 wrote: »
    Could Connery have matched an Eastwood Felix? Maybe, maybe not, but I would have loved to have seen these two in their prime. Jack Lord was cool, but Eastwood was on another level.

He does play quite an effect sidekick to Richard Burton's (rather Bond-like) lead character in Where Eagles Dare, dialling down his natural star power just a little bit, so I think he could have done it pretty effectively.
    mtm wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

He does play quite an effect sidekick to Richard Burton's (rather Bond-like) lead character in Where Eagles Dare, dialling down his natural star power just a little bit, so I think he could have done it pretty effectively.

Absolutely.