Who could/should play Felix Leiter in the post-Craig era?

1235»

Comments

Jordo007 wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll even see a new Felix in the next era?

We don’t need to.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Anson Mount (Star Trek) would make a good Felix
    I was going to post a pic of a baby with a gun, to answer to this thread’s question, and suddenly I found out that was a thing on the ever polluted internet and quickly walked away. Damn, people are sick.

Anyways, I don’t feel the need for Felix to return in the next era. I want new villains, new allies, no mi6 team, no team whatsoever.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited September 2023 Posts: 5,979
    I also think they should go back to a stripped-down Bond a la CR. Show supporting characters only when needed. I'd love to see them place Bond in an environment (the Outback?) where cell phones and/or technology don't help him, so that he has to use his wits and charm to survive.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Univex wrote: »
    .Anyways, I don’t feel the need for Felix to return in the next era. I want new villains, new allies, no mi6 team, no team whatsoever.

Sign me up mate
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    I've long said Wyatt Russel, but after watching a bit of Yellowstone, I'd say Luke Grimes at least has the look down...
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Yes, I'd be also fine without recurring villains, interconnected movies or too much teamwork in the next run. 'One man in the field with his licence to kill' - that's a big part of the appeal for me.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 5,979
    Venutius wrote: »
    Yes, I'd be also fine without recurring villains, interconnected movies or too much teamwork in the next run. 'One man in the field with his licence to kill' - that's a big part of the appeal for me.

Also, can we talk about "take the bloody shot" in SF?

So Bond has a "licence to kill (only when M says so)"?

I blame Mendes.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    echo wrote: »
    Venutius wrote: »

Also, can we talk about "take the bloody shot" in SF?

So Bond has a "licence to kill (only when M says so)"?

I blame Mendes.

No idea why this is in this thread, but she tells Eve, who doesn’t have an LTK to take the bloody shot.

Now, generally I think it’s ludicrous that the Head of the Secret Intelligence Service is running mission oversight on one specific mission, but frankly they’ve more or less done that with every M with the field offices and all that.
    I have appreciated the Craig series sticking with one actor for Felix. I hope that continues. After starting so well with Jack Lord, Felix continued to be a disappointment until LALD. Then we didn't DH for another 16 years. My hope is Felix will continue to be cast with a male actor, as well as Mathis should he return. Not that women couldn't bring something original to either role, but I can see those roles turning into a competition between the sexes and the usual silly banter.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,928
    Kevin McKidd's only a micro-generation behind Dan - if he'd been a full gen behind, he'd've been ideal to continue CraigBond's storylines. You could believe they were playing the same character. As an actor, I'd say he was second only to Dan among that era of British actors. Dunno if he can do an American accent, but he's working class Scottish and his posh English accent is excellent so he could have the knack. So if EON reverted to Felix being a bit older than Bond, how'd he do as the new guy's Leiter?

Kevin-McKidd-Owen-Hunt-Greys-Anatomy.jpg?strip=all&quality=89
    This guy is perfect for Felix Leiter in Bond 26. Coming in 2062, just in time for the anniversary.

https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-images-blonde-boy-blue-eyes-cowboy-hat-image29760539
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    Dunno if he’s been mentioned, but Ryan Gosling.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Penn Badgley

F7Wwvw7WwAAIPwa?format=jpg&name=large

Just in proper pants, at least.
  • Pedro Pascal
    We should definitely have Felix back as an ongoing character. Just follow Fleming's character.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bring Leiter back, get his personality consistent right off the bat (I loved Wright as Leiter but I thought it took his third appearance for me to finally feel like he was the "right" version of the character), and let him get in on the fun at times too.