Last album you listened to?

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gladys Knight & The Pips - Come Back And Finish What You Started

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gladys Knight & The Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me (Audio)

Its been a long time since I listened to this group, this is greatness.
    edited April 30 Posts: 23,759
    Tomorrow Never Knows (2022 Mix)

When The Beatles created dance music and several other genres in one track..
    edited April 30 Posts: 23,759
    A Day In The Life (2017 Remix)

These remasters/mixes are astounding on these re issuers of the Red and Blue Albums.
    The Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine - Tonight Show with Johnny Carson 1974
    edited May 11 Posts: 23,759
    Paul Weller - Light Nights

Brilliant.
    edited May 11 Posts: 23,759
    Heroes and Villains (Stereo)

Masterpiece.
    I Can Hear Music
    Flight of the Rat (1995 Remaster)
    The Byrds - Have You Seen Her Face (Audio)

I love this track.
    edited May 19 Posts: 23,759
    The Byrds - Ballad of Easy Rider (Long Version)
    The Long And Winding Road (Naked Version / Remastered 2013)

Don't Let Me Down (Naked Version / Remastered 2013)

I prefer this version of Let it Be, the inclusion of one of my favorite tracks of all time is part of the reason. I was never a big fan of the Phil Spector over produced album (1970) that I first heard 40 odd years ago .
    The Long One (Comprising of ‘You Never Give Me Your Money’, ’Sun King’/’Mean Mr...

Let it Be had its high and low points, thankfully the Beatles last recorded studio Album Abbey Road was an absolute masterpiece in its entirety, one of the greatest albums of all times, it is my favorite album of all time.
    The Doors - L.A. Woman (Remastered)
    The Doors - Riders on the Storm

edited May 23 Posts: 23,759
    Motherless Children

Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
    Dazed and Confused (3/23/69 Top Gear) (Remaster)
    Rocky Raccoon (Remastered 2009)
    edited May 25 Posts: 23,759
    And I Love Her (Remastered 2009)

I am listening to the album on cassette and its so good on analog.
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Remastered 2009)
    That's All Right (Mama) (Live At The BBC For "Pop Go The Beatles" / 16th July, 1963)
    Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up (Audio)
    Destruction of Krypton
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Forgot about this thread. Albums listened to recently:

Tamaryn - Cranekiss (2015) - Amazing dream pop/shoe gaze. Favourite tracks: Fade Away Slow; Intruder (Waking You Up):

Magdalena Bay - Mercurial World (2021) Infectious synth pop with some Grimes influence.

Chromeo - Adult Contemporary (2024) Classy guys with a consistent dance funk sound.

edited June 9 Posts: 23,759
    QBranch wrote: »
    Forgot about this thread. Albums listened to recently:

Tamaryn - Cranekiss (2015) - Amazing dream pop/shoe gaze. Favourite tracks: Fade Away Slow; Intruder (Waking You Up):

Magdalena Bay - Mercurial World (2021) Infectious synth pop with some Grimes influence.

Chromeo - Adult Contemporary (2024) Classy guys with a consistent dance funk sound.

I am not familiar with any of the artists which is good, this thread used to be very active I just figured people had lost interest in music lol

@Thunderfinger was a constant poster on here, it is good to discover music I have not hard previously.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I am not familiar with any of the artists which is good, this thread used to be very active I just figured people had lost interest in music lol

@Thunderfinger was a constant poster on here, it is good to discover music I have not hard previously.
    I love all the old classics posted here however I make it a mission to keep up to date on the latest music. There's so much amazing new stuff out there not on mainstream radio and it's being made by young people with loads of talent. Check out The Last Dinner Party, they're buzzing right now - an all female band with a kind of baroque goth art rock style and that is reflected in their outfits and stage shows too. A lot of fun to watch their videos and the lead singer is effortlessly theatrical. Favourite song I've heard of theirs so far is 'Burn Alive':

the-last-dinner-party-band-2.jpg
    I am not great with modern music, I don't know many artists from the last decade or so. I did buy an internet radio last year which has changed that slightly. the radio picks up 25000 radio station world wide which has introduced me to a broader range of music. I have a few preset stations that are mainly Indy music that likely wont ever be main stream which are great.

---

Listening to my newest mix cassette tape I made yesterday, songs that appear in movies...

Ain't No Mountain High Enough (extra HQ) - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Beverly Hills Cop (1984) The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey 4K & HQ Sound

The Last Dinner Party sound pretty good, I thought Blondie for a minute there. I think I have seen there promo's advertised on TV.