Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    He's just a lad now but he'll be a man by the time they start filming. ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    At a similar age neither Moore or Brosnan looked very tough. I'm not sold on Callum, this may sound very superficial , but I find his eyes to be very beady, but as he matures I see more potential . They are not going to want a carbon copy of Craig, He definitely deserves a look.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    He's just a lad now but he'll be a man by the time they start filming. ;)

In that regard, I think waiting for Hoult would be better. Seems to look a bit talker these days and hair looks cooler.
  • In that regard, I think waiting for Hoult would be better. Seems to look a bit talker these days and hair looks cooler.
    With Hoult being chosen to play Lex Luthor in the next Superman movie, I doubt he will be able to signed for another film series, especially in the lead role.
    In that regard, I think waiting for Hoult would be better. Seems to look a bit talker these days and hair looks cooler.
    With Hoult being chosen to play Lex Luthor in the next Superman movie, I doubt he will be able to signed for another film series, especially in the lead role.

Possibly, possibly not; I would not count him out for that reason. Luthor may not play a part in future Superman films , and if so may not be in them to an extent that would effect his playing Bond.
    talos7 wrote: »
    At a similar age neither Moore or Brosnan looked very tough. I'm not sold on Callum, this may sound very superficial , but I find his eyes to be very beady, but as he matures I see more potential . They are not going to want a carbon copy of Craig, He definitely deserves a look.

I find him average. He is not good looking enough. He is not tough enough either.

He has a good voice but this is not an audiobook.

For people who are doubtful of Callum’s presence and overall masculinity and thoughness, I’d recommend watching Clooney’s new film and Apple’s new show.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Callum has definitely grown into his looks.

Put him in the gym, and he has a nice frame to build long lean muscles.

He is a good actor with presence, and a voice.

I'm certainly not sold on him as James Bond. But I think he has the talent worthy to be auditioned, and they can push his skills in that process and evaluate him using old scripts and scenes from the new one. He's at least a worthy candidate to be tested.

True but it's slim pickings for the foreseeable future. I think wait four or five years and he could more suited for the role, and by that time people will be eager for a new era. Skip this decade maybe lol

True but it's slim pickings for the foreseeable future. I think wait four or five years and he could more suited for the role, and by that time people will be eager for a new era. Skip this decade maybe lol

Given the choice between a shot at Bond or Lex Luthor, I know what I'd choose, and it wouldn't be to play in another Superman project.
    peter wrote: »
    Put him in the gym, and he has a nice frame to build long lean muscles

dfa1f53d59e97d217e74e8f8246aeb6392e5c1eb.png
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Put him in the gym, and he has a nice frame to build long lean muscles

dfa1f53d59e97d217e74e8f8246aeb6392e5c1eb.png

Yeah, great frame. That’s a nice baseline right there. He’s long and he’d be sinewy in 12 weeks of proper strength training.
    @peter , yes, excellent baseline but could be sharpened a bit
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @peter , yes, excellent baseline but could be sharpened a bit

Yep. With his age, he’d cut fast and easy. Super quick recovery, he’d be a beast in 12 weeks training.

Look at Jackman’s physique in the first Xmen. And then he was able to put on slabs of meat, then cut nicely after that first one.

Turner has that same potential.

And look at the thighs in that pic. Hes got power in that body.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly. Great potential.
  • edited January 25 Posts: 14,832
    It's not his body that is a problem. It's his face. People complained against Craig when he was cast. I think Turner looks way too blokeish. But I'm happy to be proven wrong.
  • weboffearweboffear Scotland
    I've said it before and i'll say it again , no to the Andy Murray lookalike
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    weboffear wrote: »

But his backhand's improved.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring

Thank you! I knew he looked familiar.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I think he looks a little more bad-guy than Bond guy, but I did really like him in Tramps, and his resumé is very much in his favour, with lots of roles in prestige dramas suggesting he is an actor to watch. He's almost certain to get screentest I would think.
  • edited January 25 Posts: 6,677

Thank you! I knew he looked familiar.

Romain Duris or Andrew Garfield look more like Andy Murray than Cullen does.
  • edited January 25 Posts: 4,400

I cannot support Callum Turner as James Bond for this reason…he lacks the sex appeal that iconic Bonds like Sean Connery or Daniel Craig exude. Turner doesn't seem to inspire the desire for emulation from men or lust from women; he comes across as somewhat dull and ordinary. His resemblance to Dominic West reinforces this perception. On the contrary, Jacob Elordi, with his undeniable sex appeal and widespread desirability, seems like a more fitting candidate. His nuanced performances in Saltburn and Priscilla showcase his acting range, making him the clear front runner for the role in my view. Whilst I’m high on anticipation to see Turner in Masters of the Air, it’s Elordi's potential as James Bond that has surely caught Barbara's attention.

Please no, I was watching Saltburn and felt a dread that he could ever be considered.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Elordi doesn't do it for me, either.
    Jacob Elordi is too well known at this point.
    I'm sure Amazon would be happy with him.
    Jacob Elordi is too well known at this point.
    I'm sure Amazon would be happy with him.

I dread the thought of him as Bond, but objectively speaking he's probably at just the right level of career level.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Jacob Eloridi.... undeniable sex appeal... widespread desirability...

giphy.gif

He looks 14, and like a slight breeze would blow him away. I really don't get suggestions like him and Timothee Ski Chalet. They're too delicate looking.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 25 Posts: 5,869

I cannot support Callum Turner as James Bond for this reason…he lacks the sex appeal that iconic Bonds like Sean Connery or Daniel Craig exude. Turner doesn't seem to inspire the desire for emulation from men or lust from women; he comes across as somewhat dull and ordinary.
    I'd actually have to disagree @Pierce2Daniel, I think you'd be surprised. From what I've seen from speaking to some friends and seeing just thoughts of him online, there's actually quite a few people who "lust" for him. For example, when it was rumoured and then confirmed that he's dating Dua Lipa, a lot was mentioned regarding his attractiveness and their attractiveness as a couple.

I think it's probably more to do with his status as an actor within the industry than a general consensus on whether he could attract a certain audience. He's known enough by people who pay attention, but to many he is quite new and fresh due to his appearance in bigger projects. I mean he first came to my attention back in 2015 with E4's Glue, so have been able to keep up with his career since then.

Also, by comparison to Jacob Elordi, Callum (in my opinion) has just a lot more going on for him that's perfect for Bond beyond his sex appeal whereas, at the moment, despite me personally very impressed and excited by where Elordi's career is going, he just feels too far removed from who and what Bond is - in my opinion.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Please no, I was watching Saltburn and felt a dread that he could ever be considered.

I can only agree.
    Saltburn is a terrible movie.
    That doesn’t mean that Jacob Elordi is a definite no for Bond.
    He didn’t display enough to suggest he should be the next OO7. But he didn’t show that he couldn’t.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Elordi looks like Eric Bana.