Skyfall - Teaser Trailer - Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited July 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Bourne will likely not be remembered by the public at large or even be relevant in 20 to 25 years, so no issue there.

If Bourne Legacy is a hit financially, and criticly, than Bourne will be a big franchise for atleast another 8/10 years. They'll even try to cast a 3rd actor as the main role after Damon and Renner are too old.

I'd much rather see the agents hunting down these ex-Treadstone operatives. First we see Bourne run, and then we should see the CIA, not-KGB-but-KGB, MI5, etc chasers of these rogue guys. That would provide a complex of kindagoodguy v. kindagoodguy in the franchise.
  • I have been told that a revised version of the Skyfall trailer will be attached to Spiderman and make its debut at the midnight showings tonight. I'm not 100% sure what the differences are, but this version will run for 1:27.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I have been told that a revised version of the Skyfall trailer will be attached to Spiderman and make its debut at the midnight showings tonight. I'm not 100% sure what the differences are, but this version will run for 1:27.

What sources?
    MrBond wrote:
    I have been told that a revised version of the Skyfall trailer will be attached to Spiderman and make its debut at the midnight showings tonight. I'm not 100% sure what the differences are, but this version will run for 1:27.

What sources?

Well the international trailer is 1:25..
  • MrBond wrote:

What sources?

I work at a theater. They told me that most likely they just changed a couple of frames or the end credits because that's what they normally do for revised versions.
  • I just saw the Skyfall trailer 1 "revised version" and it looks exactly the same as the original teaser unfortunately.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

I watched Spider Man this weekend and the Skyfall trailer was exactly the same.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I just saw the Skyfall trailer 1 "revised version" and it looks exactly the same as the original teaser unfortunately.

Ah... To bad, i had hoped to see something New tonight!
    Other than Craig brilliantly delivering his line at the end, with that perfect, little, tiny toss of the head before saying "we're going to kill them first", and the Bond standing on boat moment (homage to Thunderball with Bond arriving at party in tuxedo, on a boat, standing ?), it's rather -- meh.
    That rush the camera forward then pause bit will not, I hope, be in the movie. I think THAT is what an earlier commenter meant as a "Lee Tamahori" moment.
    All the Great Britain scenery is rather dour and grey...GB has finer moments than those in her scenery and weather. It was an interior shot, but recall the London gaming club in Doctor No, looked posh. The long table in Goldfinger, likewise. There are other examples. This depressing stuff may be in keeping with the story, but then, oh swell, a dour and grey story ? What we've read about the plot thus far sounds less than thrilling but if the style and spirit are there it can work. Perhaps that is what Daniel Craig meant by "classic Bond" for this one.
    There should be a LOT that's not in this trailer than can be fantastic. The trailer for Prometheus was compelling, and really made a watcher want to see the movie, and that trailer did not nearly show all that's in the film. Still -- it was a compelling trailer. Do you really think the Skyfall trailer is generating any interest at all for anyone other than the dedicated fanboys ? Watch it again from that perspective and...meh...
  • hoagy wrote:
    Do you really think the Skyfall trailer is generating any interest at all for anyone other than the dedicated fanboys ? Watch it again from that perspective and...meh...

Well it's funny you say that, because a lot of people who saw the trailer never thought this was a Bond film until "007" showed up at the end. What this tells me is that it is a very compelling trailer, like Prometheus, but the way this film was shot/edited, plenty of Oscar names, along with the addition of a very non-Bondian title, certainly perks more interest in casual moviegoers than say, Quantum of Solace.
  • I went to see Amazing Spider-Man with my mates the other day. They have always given me a hard time about liking Bond saying that it's stupid and boring. They were blown away by the Skyfall trailer. I went with 6 friends, 5 of which are now following this film and going for day 1 release. The trailer is fantastic. No doubt about it.
    Many tweets about how great it looks. All fanboys? Sorry hoagy,,,not gonny buy into this.
    Tweets...Ugh. SF trailer still looks great though, and I've seen it loads of times already now.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    we really need a new trailer.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    doubleoego wrote:
    we really need a new trailer.

Ha, it hasn't even been a month and a half yet!
    It hasn't? Feels way too long.

Maybe because other movie have multiple trailers and theirs come out early so I expect similar things.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    It hasn't? Feels way too long.

Maybe because other movie have multiple trailers and theirs come out early so I expect similar things.
    Trust me when I say it, mate: The wait will be worth it. And we have but days until TDKR comes! HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Outstanding, looks good.
    Since I started reading this forum again for some time, I figured it would be time to register again :-)

The teaser is great! It looks like it's going to be something special. They had enough time to deliver and it looks promising. Dan's hair is a bit short maybe (not trying to trigger another hair debate though ;-) but he still looks great as Bond!

The most intriguing shot for me is the one with the caskets. I hope we get a similar or better mix of Fleming/movie Bond as in CR.

Did anyone see this one? (No spoilers, that's not a leak.)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @FromCanadaWithLove, we've been discussing this in another thread. Full trailer is out in fourteen hours.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @FromCanadaWithLove, we've been discussing this in another thread. Full trailer is out in fourteen hours.

I read that as "Full trailer is about fourteen hours."
    I must be dreaming.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:

@Creasy47 What can you do on a train for fourteen hours? :p
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @FromCanadaWithLove, only if my name was Pussy Galore!

I really can't wait for this. I love getting hyped for a trailer, and it's rare that I do. The James Bond series seems to be the only set of films that can get me in such a mood.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Even my citites news is getting in on the Skyfall trailer news.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/national/its-all-about-the-cufflinks-skyfall-teaser-is-big-on-the-bond-moments/story-fndo6ejf-1226439269454

Bond is most certainly back. It's about to change gear.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Looks like they used the olympics as a start. Great move.
    This looks fantastic, as expected! Really looking forward to Skyfall. Awesome! Thanks for having it online Mi6-hq.
    Who else thought Q would reply: "I never joke about my work, 007" when Bond said "You must be joking"? ;-)
    I didn't because it would have been a ridiculous in your face gag.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    TotalBB wrote:
    Who else thought Q would reply: "I never joke about my work, 007" when Bond said "You must be joking"? ;-)

Because this is a rebooted storyline, it needs to be a little more subtle than that.