What's your top 5 favorite upcoming films!

Comments

• SAMSAM

Has Anyone Seen Killer Joe ?

In no particular order :

The Bourne Legacy
    Killer Joe
    Django Unchained
    Skyfall
    Lincoln
    How could I forget.

LOOPER! I can't wait for it.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I forgot something too.

Seems maybe a bit too similar to The Raid, but it's JUDGE DREDD!!! That alone is enough to get me hyped. Loved those comics when I was a kid, and I did like the Stallone film, so I can't wait for this.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I'm finding it hard to pick five now that we're past Avengers and Dark Knight.

1 Skyfall, naturally.
    2 Dredd! Thanks for reminding me! I hope it has some of the black humour and satirical edge of the comics.
    3 The Bourne Legacy, although I'm a bit 'Meh' about it.
    4 I'm going to say Total Recall, not because I'm looking forward to it that much, but it's based on a Philip K Dick story and he's a favourite author of mine. And Kate is in it.
    5 I can't think of a 2012 movie so I'll say Man of Steel as a placeholder.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd like to put 'The Raid' on my list, because I still have yet to see it. I know it was a slightly limited release, and I was unfortunate enough to not have it released anywhere near me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'd like to put 'The Raid' on my list, because I still have yet to see it. I know it was a slightly limited release, and I was unfortunate enough to not have it released anywhere near me.

When you get the chance, you should see it, especially if you're a fan of action films. Film of the year for me so far.
    @thelivingroyale, I'd love to, I just need to find a way to watch it.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, I'd love to, I just need to find a way to watch it.

Make time - awesome and it is the best film of the year even after Batman.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 645
    The Raid is new to me as well, trailer looks good, thanks for sharing @Creasy47

Dredd, I hope it's good, some nice special effects, but maybe I'm too much of a Stallone fan to see a remake, makes me feel old ROFL.
    I will say, this may very well become up there high on the list for 2013.
    jolearon wrote:
    Dredd, I hope it's good, some nice special effects, but maybe I'm too much of a Stallone fan to see a remake, makes me feel old ROFL.

It's not really a remake, just another Judge Dredd film without Stallone.

Speaking of remakes, I'm not anticipating Total Recall because you can't remake an Arny film.

Funny you should mention that, here's a video from the set of 'The Wolverine':
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93094
    Just realised I forgot another one.

EXPENDABLES 2!!!!!

So, my list is now

1- Die Hard 5
    2- Django Unchained
    3- Skyfall/DREDD (tie)
    4- Bourne Legacy/Expendables 2 (tie)
    5- Taken 2
    @thelivingroyale I didn't realize the new Dredd filmi is more of a sequal than a remake.

Sequel, Remake, Reboot.. not sure what to call it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    jolearon wrote:
    @thelivingroyale I didn't realize the new Dredd filmi is more of a sequal than a remake.

Sequel, Remake, Reboot.. not sure what to call it.

Perhaps Separate Series or Reboot.
    I'm really thinking about OZ, I think people don't realize how good it's going to be, or maybe The Wizard of Oz was only popular in the states. Thoughts on it?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 185
    5. Les Miserables
    4. Bourne Legacy
    3. Lawless
    2. The Hobbit
    1. Skyfall

Honorable mentions.
    Looper
    Premium Rush
    Taken 2
    Lincoln
    The Great Gatsby
    Django Unchained
  • 1. Skyfall
    2. Lincoln
    3. Lawless
    4. Dredd
    5. Man of Steel (2013)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Skyfall, the most promising Bond film ever...

I say bullsh*t to that. I remember when people hyped DAD using that very same sentence. Who's to say Skyfall won't be another DAD ?
    Skyfall, the most promising Bond film ever...

I say bullsh*t to that. I remember when people hyped DAD using that very same sentence. Who's to say Skyfall won't be another DAD ?

This is basically what I've been saying. SF has a good cast and director, but hyping the film too much could make it a let down. Like you said, DAD is a good example because people hyped the hell out of that so it turned into a let down. And I haven't been as amazed by what we've seen of SF as other people, so I'm anticipating Die Hard more.

TWINE was my most promising Bond film ever because Robert Carlyle was the villian, Brosnan was Bond, Zukofsky was back again, and I liked the sound of the story.
    1. Skyfall
    2. Skyfall
    3. Skyfall
    4. Skyfall
    5. Skyfall

Honourable mention: The Bourne Legacy
    @FromCanadaWithLove I like how you think.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 645
    I can see my personal favorites changing after some time. I'm not sure if you all in the UK are fans of the Rush Hour movies, but I love them all. Just announced (to my knowledge) that Rush Hour 4 will be happening. What do you think?

@jolearon, I'm very excited for it. I've always loved the 'Rush Hour' films, the first two more than the third, and am looking forward to the new one. Apparently, the writer stated that he didn't want to make it too outlandish, and wanted to return to the roots of the first one.
  • BenBen
    5 for this year (no particular order):
    1. The Sweeney
    2. Gangster Squad (It was meant for 2012 I believe and it will be released early 2013)
    3. Bourne Legacy
    4. Skyfall
    5. Expendables 2
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,490
    Ben wrote:
    5 for this year (no particular order):
    1. The Sweeney
    2. Gangster Squad (It was meant for 2012 I believe and it will be released early 2013)
    3. Bourne Legacy
    4. Skyfall
    5. Expendables 2

I've definitely lost interest in 'Gangster Squad' after they decided to delay and reshoot the movie because of the Aurora massacre.

I'm not blaming the events that happened, I just worry the film is going to be a mess after reshoots.
    @Creasy47 Yeah, I knew they delayed the film's release, I didn't know about them re-shooting parts of it. Thats a shame in so many angles.
    Not sure what to think about this, but this trailer just came out recently.
    They're scrapping and reshooting the scene with the gangsters shooting up the movie theater, as it is too similar to the Aurora events...even though the trailer was released months before the massacre happened.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    They're scrapping and reshooting the scene with the gangsters shooting up the movie theater, as it is too similar to the Aurora events...even though the trailer was released months before the massacre happened.

Well that's a shame, because the bit where they came through the screen and shot up the theater was my favourite part of the trailer.