What's your top 5 favorite upcoming films!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    1. Skyfall
    2. Resident Evil 5
    3. The Hobbit
    4. Sinister
    5. Hitchcock

6. Django Unchained
    7. Man Of Steel
    8. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    DarthDimi wrote:
    1. Skyfall
    2. Resident Evil 5
    3. The Hobbit
    4. Sinister
    5. Hitchcock

6. Django Unchained
    7. Man Of Steel
    8. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

Glad to see a lot of folks are looking forward to Sir Hopkins!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll be seeing 'Sinister' (alongside 'Argo') next weekend, @DarthDimi. I'll let you know my thoughts.
    1-Skyfall
    2-Abraham Lincoln
    3-Iron Man 3
    4-The Hobbit
    5-Les Misérables
    @thelivingroyale I had no idea about Mad Max 4, nice, thanks for sharing!
    The new trailer was brilliant, but Die Hard has gone from my list because I'm so excited for the return of Mad Max.

1) Mad Max 4 Fury Road
    2) Die Hard 5
    3) Skyfall (if I saw a bit more of Django Unchained that might be here)
    4) Django Unchained
    5) Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

• 1. Skyfall
    2. Django Unchained
    3. Iron Man 3
    4. The Great Gatsby
    5. Lincoln
    I figured I would update this since SF has been released, and I just discovered an incredibly excellent looking film:

1.) 'Any Day Now' - incredibly underrated cast in a touching looking film.
    2.) 'Django Unchained' - Tarantino tackling a new look on slavery. Instant entertainment.
    3.) 'Lincoln' - DDL: what more do you need?
    4.) 'World War Z' - The new trailer has me interested, aside from the CGI zombies that are nothing like those in the books.
    5.) 'White House Down' - Channing Tatum is growing on me, and this sounds like a very entertaining film.

I was going to go with 'Bond 24,' but I'll wait until that is more concrete.
    I'm looking forward to a few of the sci-fi movies coming up in 2013. Oblivion being one of them. Here's the new poster...

oblivion-poster.jpg
    ^^ I love the tagline.

"Earth is a memory worth fighting for."

Ooohhh.
    Did anyone catch the 'Oblivion' trailer before they pulled it down?
  • 1) Chinese Zodiac (found out the other day it was Jackie Chans last action film so now I'm really excited to see if it's a good send off)

2) Mad Max 4: Fury Road

3) Die Hard 5

4) Django Unchained

5) Hatchet 3 (the first film was good, but I saw the 2nd one a few days ago and I thought it was great. I can't wait for the new one)
    @thelivingroyale, 'Chinese Zodiac' isn't going to be his last action film. He said a few months ago he was planning on 'retiring' from action films, because of his age. He took those words back about a month or two ago, stating that he will keep making action movies for his fans, just not to the extent of what he could pull off back in the 80's and 90's.
    Isn't that when Jackie said he wouldn't do Rush Hour 4, and then later said he was excited to make to it?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Isn't that when Jackie said he wouldn't do Rush Hour 4, and then later said he was excited to make to it?

I do believe so. I know Tucker has been out of the picture for a long, long time, and is now returning to cinemas with 'The Silver Linings Playbook.' I actually saw an interview the other day where Jackie said he would love to be in 'The Expendables 3.'
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, 'Chinese Zodiac' isn't going to be his last action film. He said a few months ago he was planning on 'retiring' from action films, because of his age. He took those words back about a month or two ago, stating that he will keep making action movies for his fans, just not to the extent of what he could pull off back in the 80's and 90's.

From last month

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-11-20/news/35241185_1_jackie-chan-chinese-zodiac-film

I can't find anything about him taking the words back.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I actually saw an interview the other day where Jackie said he would love to be in 'The Expendables 3.'

THAT I would love to see.
    @thelivingroyale, I could have swore that I read something about Chan returning to films. I think it may have been on comingsoon.net or somewhere. I'm sure I can't be going insane, and I only hope I'm right because Chan delivers some incredibly addictive action movies.

In terms of 'The Expendables 3,' I couldn't agree more with you. I know they're in the stages now of signing new actors on and whatnot, and they should add him to the team somehow. Maybe they run into him, he takes some guys down, and they unofficially recruit him. Please don't make him a bad guy.
    @Creasy47 did you see the article about Sean Connery turning down a role in "The Expendables 3," what a shame.
    jolearon wrote:
    @Creasy47 did you see the article about Sean Connery turning down a role in "The Expendables 3," what a shame.

That I did. It would be interesting, but it just assures that Connery is most certainly retired.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    jolearon wrote:

That I did. It would be interesting, but it just assures that Connery is most certainly retired.

That would have been legendary. Nobody else this side of Clint Eastwood is as worthy.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It would have been fun to see Clint and Sean as two of the original Expedables even if it were an extended cameo.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    1) Mad Max 4
    2) Chinese Zodiac
    3) Die Hard 5
    4) TCM 3D
    5) Machete Kills
    Creasy47 wrote:
    jolearon wrote:

That would have been legendary. Nobody else this side of Clint Eastwood is as worthy.

I'd rather have Chow Yun Fat and (especially) Jackie Chan in first. They're more action heroes than Connery and Eastwood.

I think Sean should've been in the 2nd film instead of Chuck Norris. I swear to God, the only reason he was in the film was because of his internet facts. Sly, Arnie and Willis got film references, he got a reference to his facts.
    @thelivingroyale, and that made me cringe when Norris appeared in the film; those facts are incredibly dull, cheesy, and overused. I can't stand hearing them anymore.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Most of my list aren't out until next year.

1) Mad Max 4: Fury Road
    2) Bond 24
    3) Assassin's Creed
    4) The Raid 2
    5) The Secret Service

Honourable mention to The Expendables 3, Machete 2 and the new Planet Of The Apes film. Might see The Equaliser too, that could be good.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    1. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - PO'd I missed the first one at the cinemas #-o
    2. Mad Max: Fury Road
    3. Machete Kills (wow, look at that cast!)
    4. Kick-Ass 2
    5. Riddick

Also looking forward to:

Gravity
    300: Rise of an Empire
    Hot Tub Time Machine 2
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 (I really enjoyed the first one)
    TMNT
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    1) Bond 24 (whenever it is) :)
    2) Sherlock Holmes 3
    3) Monument Men
    4) November Man
    5) The Raid 2
    6) The Expendables 3

That's all I can think of for now ... more than 5 anyway if I keep Bond in. :)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Of the ones I can think of...

1) Star Wars Episode VII
    2) Bond 24
    3) Riddick
    4) Thor: The Dark World
    5) Bad Grandpa
    @4EverBonded, it's a real shame that we probably aren't going to end up seeing 'Sherlock Holmes 3' for a long, long while.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The Hobbit 2
    Catching Fire
    Bond 24

Creasy47 wrote:
    @4EverBonded, it's a real shame that we probably aren't going to end up seeing 'Sherlock Holmes 3' for a long, long while.

I get the gut feeling when it finally happens, it may just have been left too long.
    @Samuel001, the big problem with it now is that Drew Pearce has pushed it back so he could work on 'Mission: Impossible V.' Hopefully he will resume this once he finishes the script for that.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    If Mission: Impossible V is ready to go and Sherlock Holmes 3 isn't, you can understand the thought process. If WB wanted it that badly they could hire someone else but all the cast seem busy enough at the moment, as it is.