What's your top 5 favorite upcoming films!

edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 645

I just posted this on Youtube and decided to share with you all as well, seeing Skyfall would obviously be one of them.

You can visit the link below and read the description, I posted links to several other trailers that are equally worthy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ12UX1UOjg

What are your top 5?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very nice choices, @jolearon. I'm going to base my list more off of 2012, as those are the films we've really seen material for.

My Top Five For 2012:
    1.) 'Skyfall'
    2.) 'Django Unchained'
    3.) 'The Bourne Legacy'
    4.) 'Taken 2'
    5.) 'Resident Evil: Retribution'
    @Creasy47 Thanks! I completely forgot about Django Unchained and yes, Taken 2 looks good as well. I do think the RE films are a bit out of hand now with the sequels, but I'll watch it.
    jolearon wrote:
    @Creasy47 Thanks! I completely forgot about Django Unchained and yes, Taken 2 looks good as well. I do think the RE films are a bit out of hand now with the sequels, but I'll watch it.

You're quite welcome! I enjoy the RE films just for the popcorn entertainment they gave me. I go in expecting nothing but death and explosions, and I get just that. I know I won't receive anything remotely close to an Academy Award winning project, nor will I receive top-notch acting, but it's always entertaining to go, and worth my $7 ticket.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 645
    @Creasy47 And and hour and a half of watching Milla Jovovich isn't bad at all either. ha
    milla-jovovich-psp-wallpaper.jpg
    That's one of my wives right there, haha.
    So many good upcoming films in 2012 and 2013, so far what are you looking forward to most everyone? Your top 5?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Most of my favourite upcoming films for 2012 have been released. Some were brilliant (The Raid, The Dark Knight Rises), some were good even if they didn't live up to all the hype (Prometheus), and some were just awful let downs (Pirahnna 3dd). Buy anyway, here's mine.

1- A Good Day To Die Hard (DH 5)
    2- Django Unchained
    3- Skyfall
    4- Bourne Legacy
    5- Taken 2

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Okay, for me, in order:

1 - Skyfall
    2 - Taken 2
    3 - Django Unchained
    4 - A Good Day to Die Hard
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,450
    2012:

1. Skyfall. Dutch Release: 1 November 2012
    2. Premium Rush (Directed by writer of Spider-Man) Dutch Release: 22 November 2012
    3. The Bourne Legacy. (Whyle i think the last 2 movies where not so good, stil some curious to the 4th movie.) Dutch Release: 6 September
    4. Brave (Animated) Dutch Release: 2 weeks a go on 18 July 2012.
    5. Taken 2. Dutch Release: 26 October 2012
    6. The Hobbit 1 Dutch Release: 13 December 2012

2013:

Jack the Giant Killer aka Jack and the beanstalk. (Dutch: Jaap en de bonenstaak.) Delayd from 2012.
    Monsters University aka Monsters Inc 2. (Animated)
    Die Hard 5
    936full-trouble-down-under-poster.jpg
    Trouble Down Under. From the creaters of Ice Age, animated movie set in Australia. movie whas first plan to release this year.
    G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation. Delayd too.
    The Chronicles of Riddick 2 aka Pitchblack 3
    turbo-dreamworks-snail.jpg
    Turbo (Animated)
    Wolverine 2
    The Hobbit 2
    Pacific Rim

Viy. Vozvrashchenie

fata_final_art_small.jpg
    Fata Morgana.
    00007781.jpg
    Hell & Back (Animated)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Of 2012:

Skyfall
    The Bourne Legacy
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    Taken 2
    Django Unchained
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,619
    My most anticipated movies from the rest of 2012:

1. Skyfall
    2. Killing Them Softly
    3. Cloud Atlas
    4. The Impossible
    5. Les Misérables

Honourable mentions:
    The Bourne Legacy
    The Master
    Django Unchained
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

(Why is everyone else listing these bound-to-be-terrible movies like Taken 2, Die Hard 5 or Resident Evil? )
    (Why is everyone else listing these bound-to-be-terrible movies like Taken 2, Die Hard 5 or Resident Evil? )

You sound really stuck up here. How do you know they'll be terrible??? I'm sorry not everyone has the same tastes as you.

I listed Die Hard 5 because it's one of my favourite film franchises ever and I'm looking forward to the 5th one and I listed Taken 2 because the trailer looks badass and I loved the first one.
    How do you know they'll be terrible???

Die Hard 5 was shot in my hometown, Budapest, so I would be more than happy if it turned out to be a good movie. But I know it won't. Why? Because it was written by the writer of Hitman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The A-Team and directed by the director of The Omen and Max Payne.

You not only aticipate this movie but you anticipate it more than Skyfall, the most promising Bond film ever...
    Skyfall
    The Bourne Legacy
    Django Unchained

Die Hard 5 was shot in my hometown, Budapest, so I would be more than happy if it turned out to be a good movie. But I know it won't. Why? Because it was written by the writer of Hitman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The A-Team and directed by the director of The Omen and Max Payne.

You not only aticipate this movie but you anticipate it more than Skyfall, the most promising Bond film ever...

Why is that surprising? He prefers one film or one film franchise over another, there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't be an arsehole, your opinion isn't a fact. When you say "I know it'll be bad", you don't actually know that, you think that. You can't know if a film could be bad or good, every director/writer/actor could make a bad or good film at some point, SF could be bad, Die Hard could be bad, both could be good, you don't know, and that's because you haven't seen them yet.

I loved the A team, fun popcorn shoot em up. I liked The Omen (but the less said about Max Payne, the better).

I anticipate it because I love the Die Hard films (my 2nd favourite franchise behind Bond), and I don't think there's ever been a bad one. I anticipate it more than SF because I don't like the sound of SF's story, mainly because it's M focused.

And SF is only the most promising Bond film ever to you. CR looked much more promising for me, mainly because I liked the sound of the story and Martin Campbell was directing again.

@Creasy47 Thank you.
    @thelivingroyale, you're welcome, love to help. Too many times on this forum do I see opinions shot down, only to turn around and have others shove their "facts" (opinions) in others' faces. We like what we like. So again:

"'Munich' is my favorite film of all time." - Opinion
    "'Munich' stars Eric Bana." - Fact
    People, use your brain! Of course I can not know for absolutey 100% sure that Die Hard 5 will be bad, but anyone with half a brain can make a pretty good prediction based on the people involved with the project.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,500
    People, use your brain! Of course I can not know for absolutey 100% sure that Die Hard 5 will be bad, but anyone with half a brain can make a pretty good prediction based on the people involved with the project.

I'll admit, I wasn't crazy about 'Max Payne,' but just because you don't care for the writer and director doesn't mean others can't, as well. Time will tell, and with the way the last four 'Die Hard' films panned out, I don't see why this one will be worse just because of that. I'm sure it will be as entertaining as the last, including the chase scene that they said is taking over two months to film.

But that can be said both ways, and the film could end up being terrible. We shall see.

I've predicted that films will be terrible based on the people involved before, only to have them be brilliant, and the other way round too, but that's not the point. The point, you don't need to talk down to me or anybody else because we're anticipating something.

What's happened here is this, I said I was looking forward to Die Hard 5 and Taken 2, and you felt the need to say "I don't know why people are listing these films, they'll be terrible" for no reason at all.
    Some great movies here, I really hadn't heard about DH5, which sounds great, would love to see that, I don't know of a sucky Die Hard movie, there all pretty bad a$$.

I can see Taken 2 being good as well, I have high hope for it.

@PanchitoPistoles The Master looks great and "The Impossible" is new to me as well, thanks for posting.

@M_Balje Thanks for info, I didn't know about a few of those films to be made.
    I'm ashamed to say that I've yet to watch the trailer for 'The Master,' but it seems to be pretty heavily anticipated by lots of people online, so I'll have to watch it here in a bit.
    I just seen this trailer, cant wait to see more!
    BTW Premium Rush looks pretty awesome too, but it remind me of something.. can't think of it...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Skyfall
    Die Hard 5
    Wreck it Ralph
    Sequel to Star Trek 2009
    The Borne Legacy
    jolearon wrote:
    BTW Premium Rush looks pretty awesome too, but it remind me of something.. can't think of it...

It reminds me of Bruce Willis' 'Sixteen Blocks.' I don't recall what I thought of the movie, as it's been a while, but 'Premium Rush' doesn't look that great to me. It does have JGL, though, so I'm sure I'll watch it at some point.
    @Creasy47 yeah thats the direction, but I'm not sure if thats the one I'm thinking of
    @Murdock is there any info on the Star Trek sequel?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    jolearon wrote:
    @Murdock is there any info on the Star Trek sequel?

Yeah, there's alot on Memory Alpha the Star Trek wiki. just look up Untitled Star Trek Sequel.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Although Skyfall is my anticipated film now TDKR has been released
    the others would be.

Django Unchained
    Killing Them Softly
    The Master
    The Hobbit
    Lawless

I'm sure SF won't be the best out of that bunch but it's definitely my most anticipated.