Who is you least favorite Bond Girl?

Comments

El Presidente has more 'dinero' I'm guessing than Bond..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    'If anything happens to him (almost faints), I don't know what I'll do - I love James so much'

Razzy award for your my dear

Oh yeah, that was a terrible line now that I remember it. Wow, that one kills me every time. So cheesy!! How can she love a man who she's only been in contact with off and on for a few days?! Yeah right, no one is convinced about that! Apparently she has no problem switching off from 007 to "El Presidente" at the end of the movie.

Exactly. I mean James is good, but he's not THAT good, haha. Bond definitely made the right choice in picking Pam when all was said and done in LTK.
    I thought Lamora was maybe the more attractive of the two, but at least Bouvier was a former CIA operative and knew how to handle herself. Lupe looked like she couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag apart from some cringeworthy simpering. No chemistry at all between her and Bond, although she was merely Sanchez's mistress. Did you know Talisa Soto's mother was Italian and her father Canadian? Maybe not
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,341
    I will name my bottom five. The wall of Shame:
    5. Stacey Sutton
    4. Anya
    3. Holly Goodhead
    2. Camille
    1. Christmas Jones
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wow, I'm surprised nobody besides me hates Goodnight.
    Lo and behold Batman has resurfaced, I'll make a dash for it...

Nobody really hates any Bond characters Murdock, there may be a certain level of distaste, but hate for anything Bond, may seem a bit far fetched. Furthermore the Ekland character wasn't too bad, I saw it recently, and I fail to see what all the criticism is about sometimes, I didn't have a problem with it. Add to that Anya Amasova as above, not a bad character and Bach certainly was pleasing on the eyes that year. One of the better Bond girls

Speaking of Goodnight....

I-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Lo and behold Batman has resurfaced, I'll make a dash for it...

Nobody really hates any Bond characters Murdock, there may be a certain level of distaste, but hate for anything Bond, may seem a bit far fetched. Furthermore the Ekland character wasn't too bad, I saw it recently, and I fail to see what all the criticism is about sometimes, I didn't have a problem with it. Add to that Anya Amasova as above, not a bad character and Bach certainly was pleasing on the eyes that year. One of the better Bond girls

Speaking of Goodnight....

I-)

Yeah I see your point. I don't actually "hate" her It's just a matter of opinion. She just comes off as a incompetent agent who comes off as clumsy and foolish. And her constant arguing with Bond is also really takes me out of the film. the thing this film needed was much better writing.
    Stacey Sutton
    "Save me, James!" ~X(
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Stacy (though she does look great), just a bit of a wet character, but I think maybe Jinx beats her, every scene with her just makes me groan - and to think before CR came along the producers were thinking of making another film with her, maybe an origin story, shudder. Mary Goodnight is also very annoying and just a wee bit useless as a field agent. M obviously had it in for Bond during that mission!
    Stacy Sutton, Jinx, May Day, Christmas Jones, and Holly Goodhead.
  • oo7oo7
    Judy dench
  • Jinx, Camille, Wai Lin and the new one.

I was going to say Vesper but her mountains changed my mind.

Judging before you even see her? Poor form.

Saw her in: Un bonheur n'arrive jamais seul and tried to watch Équipe médicale d'urgence and you're right she was in poor form.

Judging before you know anything? Poor form.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    oo7 wrote:
    Judy dench

Careful, you will unleash the anger of BAIN123...

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Eh, oo7 - Besides the fact that Judi does not fit the category of Bond girl.

Hmm. Well I came on this thread figuring I'd see about 44 votes for Jinx.
    Surprise, there are plenty of other nominees for this dubious distinction.
    Least favorite means to pick just one: so I'm going with Stacy Sutton.
    @forgotmyusername can she act or not? She looks hot but I've read comments saying she can't act.
  • @forgotmyusername can she act or not? She looks hot but I've read comments saying she can't act.

She's just a raven haired so called hottie who can't act. Skin and bone for me She might surprise us all especially with the look of the skyfall. It might distract us all from her 'I'm a bad girl' routine. She hasn't starred in anything. Bit roles - her credits include: hostess, barmaid, extra. That says it all.

There are only two women in the world who should be Bond girls:

Monica Bellucci

Amber 'be thy name' Heard.

Both can raise the titanic and both can act. Love 'em.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Murdock wrote:
    Wow, I'm surprised nobody besides me hates Goodnight.

I'm not a fan of her acting at all, but the looks make up for a lot.
    Well, back then they did, anyway.

Also, someone mentioned Anya? Personally one of my favourites, and one of the first bongirls who could handle herself. Oh, and this:

Barbara-Bach-conquests-431.jpg
    :x
    Jinx for sure. I'd like to add Stacey Sutton and Bibi to the list but they are head and shoulders above the colossally annoying Jinx
    I have always loved Anya. One of the few who can convince me she is an "equal"

I like my Bond girls to be three dimensiion ie Tracy, Tatiana, Vesper, Solitaire, Melina or Domino. Though I do have a soft spot for Tiffany Case.

I struggled with alot of the Brosnan girls mainly because of the stunt casting. The best of these would be Sophie Marceau. And I am going to commit sacrilege and say Natalya is abit of a nag. Snappiness is "equality" is it?

But she doesn't make my worst Bond girl list but Wai Lin, Christmas Jones and Jinx Johnson do. From the classic series it is Mary Goodnight.
    Christmas must be the worst Bond girl ever!

She is the reason apart from where PB butchered the scenes where Bond kills Elektra but mostly her that TWINE is at my bottom 5. If TWINE had a better actress in her place or took out her character completly it might have been in my top 10.

And Jinx.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    imo Brosnan didn't butcher the scenes where Bond kills Elektra, he pulled it off pretty well, but if I'd written the film I would've just had him kill her coldly then jump out of the window, no remorse. Christmas is annoying but she's really hot, so I'm fine with her.
    actonsteve wrote:
    I have always loved Anya. One of the few who can convince me she is an "equal"

I agree with this. She's one of my favourites.
    @forgotmyusername can she act or not? She looks hot but I've read comments saying she can't act.

She's just a raven haired so called hottie who can't act. Skin and bone for me She might surprise us all especially with the look of the skyfall. It might distract us all from her 'I'm a bad girl' routine. She hasn't starred in anything. Bit roles - her credits include: hostess, barmaid, extra. That says it all.

There are only two women in the world who should be Bond girls:

Monica Bellucci

Amber 'be thy name' Heard.

Both can raise the titanic and both can act. Love 'em.

I normally don't care about Bond girls acting ability but if it's a villian girl (like Berenice is meant to be), I think they should be able to act, like Elektra.

Amber Heard is Mandy Lane isn't she? Yeah she could be a Bond girl.
  • I'd like to speak up for Christmas - she was great. Wore the right clothes, screamed in the right places, even had a wet t-shirt. Awesome.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    I definitely need a top 10 for this one-

1. Christmas Jones/Denise Richards- As stated, not even delivering competent lines in her field of expertise could change the fact that she delivered every line exactly the same way. Even her reality show flopped miserably now that all the mileage she got from being "Mrs. Charlie Sheen" has faded. Appallingly awful actress of the highest quality. All show, and no go. Other than in the sack, I wouldn't have any use for her.

2. Lynn-Holly Johnson/Bibi Dahl- Goddess help us all. Do I even need to elaborate?

3. Halle Berry/Jacinta Johnson- I don't think Halle is as bad an actress as others do, the dialogue is so cringingly awful that it makes her seem worse than she actually is. In the action scenes, she's plenty competent and physically tough, sort of the Wai Lin of the 2000's. Until she opens her mouth, anyway. She's basically the George Lazenby of Bond girls.

4. Britt Eklund/Mary Goodnight- Britt is HOT, no question. Not that bad an actress or she would not have been able to convey Goodnight's ditzy nature fairly well. In comparison to the Mary Goodnight of the book though, this is an awful Bond girl. No MI6 agent could possibly be this embarrassingly incompetent.

5. Gloria Hendry/Rosie Carver- Like Goodnight, a complete mess as a field agent. And Hendry is just an awful actress and awful looking besides. Yeccch. Where's Vonetta McGee when you need her?

6. Corinne Clery/Corinne Dufour- "Hairy Clery" is easily among the worst Bond girls in the looks department. And the character is thoroughly stupid as well. I know, she's a citizen and a pilot. But she's stupid enough to risk her life and show Bond the safe, and shows she's even more stupid by not jumping in her golf cart to begin with, let alone climb a tree, when her character finally goes where it should just like the rest of the movie- to the dogs!

7. Lois Chiles/Holly Goodhead- They say that those who can't do, teach. Chiles is a drama professor nowadays. Go figure. Not bad looking, short of Emily Bolton the best looking woman in this borefest. Most of her lines are delivered in monotone fashion as well.

8. Grace Jones/May Day- I agree with those who feel May Day is a good henchwoman. She is scary looking and scary strong and a competent, intimidating killer. Her lines are not monotone either. It's just all the growling and teeth knashing that go along with her scary enough face. How Sir Roger and Chris Walken didn't suffer temporary blindness after their closeups with her remains a mystery to me!

9. Tanya Roberts/Stacey Sutton- Tanya tries, but she's a lousy actress. Good looks, good body, willing to mix it up with the bad guys, character knows her subject. But I'm with those who are also put off by her screaming and generally annoying mannerisms.

10. Drax's Spacewomen- You know what, I feel generous. I've said it before, I've seen way better physical specimens in real life. A poor man's version of Blofeld's "Angels Of Death".

P.S- For women I've have liked as Bond girls, it would be Catherine Zeta-Jones and Tia Carrere. IMHO, MEGAHOT!
    The Richards character was as far detached from being a nuclear physicist as you could imagine, totally unconvincing in the part for me. Too annoying and squirrel faced, a 1990s equivalent of Stacy Sutton almost. I could never put Bibi Dahl in second place or even in a top ten, I genuinely liked her. I never had an issue with the character, quite cute too
  • 1. Jinx
    2. Christmas
    3. Rosie Carver
    I didn't mind Gloria Hendry actually, saw the film a few weeks ago, and she actually does not too bad a job- 'Me. Clothes Off.. where ?' etc, too bad she got taken out by one of the scarecrows, but I've seen far worse
    I didn't mind Gloria Hendry actually, saw the film a few weeks ago, and she actually does not too bad a job- 'Me. Clothes Off.. where ?' etc, too bad she got taken out by one of the scarecrows, but I've seen far worse

Now that I think about, and sorry Baltimore, but Rosie Carver is pretty pathetic. I was never convinced of her good girl act, and I could not even see her being any sort of competent as one of Kananga's stooges.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    So many to choose from, it hardly seems fair. But Christmas, Rosie, Holly, and Stacey are among the very worst--ironically Lois Chiles did or does teach acting.

So many of the things I find objectionable are due to what I consider laziness or carelessness on the part of the producers. For a series that prides itself on a being a cut above, they made some really bad decisions in casting. Had they cast one of the aforementioned actresses in the role of Tracey, what a disaster that could have been. One of the reason that film is so strong--good story, good cast.