What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

Ryan wrote: »
    Since62 wrote: »
    What's all this talk about Canada, or New Zealand or Australia ? Have you all forgotten the unwritten laws ? The secret-not-so-secret agreement with the Fleming Foundation never to use such locations ? Is it rooted in the ban against using the content (ie, title only) of TSWLM book ? They flirted with it by having the agent who was duped by the bad guy whom Bond finally located - but did NOT kill ! - be a French-Canadian woman. At any rate, you see, it's just not allowed...

While not set there in the story, wasn't the TSWLM ski jump filmed in Canada?

A. NOT in the story, so, does not count

B. Baffin Island, so, I mean, really ? It's rather its own place, eh ?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    You'd obviously have to change the actual plot around a lot due to it already being in FYEO, the film, but after hiking around the White Mountains in New Hampshire for a week I wouldn't mind a PTS or a short piece of a movie being Bond hiking across the border up there for a kill as in the FYEO short story... (yes, it's Vermont's Green Mountains in the story. It's basically all the same woods.) Get some nice vista shots, a spot of climbing, contrive a little action sequence and then get on with it.
    Obviously not MAIN location, but it's seriously beautiful there. You could probably even do some kind of villain lair for a finale there. Maybe you'd go with northern Maine, as that is even more empty than Vermont or NH.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    You'd obviously have to change the actual plot around a lot due to it already being in FYEO, the film, but after hiking around the White Mountains in New Hampshire for a week I wouldn't mind a PTS or a short piece of a movie being Bond hiking across the border up there for a kill as in the FYEO short story... (yes, it's Vermont's Green Mountains in the story. It's basically all the same woods.) Get some nice vista shots, a spot of climbing, contrive a little action sequence and then get on with it.
    Obviously not MAIN location, but it's seriously beautiful there. You could probably even do some kind of villain lair for a finale there. Maybe you'd go with northern Maine, as that is even more empty than Vermont or NH.

I'd rather have him do that around Sochi, and then shoot the midget that's been plunging so many countries in war. He's after all a nuclear terrorist . I'd watch it happen live too ...

I'd rather have him do that around Sochi, and then shoot the midget that's been plunging so many countries in war. He's after all a nuclear terrorist . I'd watch it happen live too ...

You're being too vague. Would you please put in your posting the name of the person you have in mind ? If you do not put in the name, how is anyone to know ? Like any other important piece of information, it must be inputted, because otherwise the persons directed to take action might put in their own idea of their target, and might muck it up. Without that detail being put in, who's to know ?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

You're being too vague. Would you please put in your posting the name of the person you have in mind ? If you do not put in the name, how is anyone to know ? Like any other important piece of information, it must be inputted, because otherwise the persons directed to take action might put in their own idea of their target, and might muck it up. Without that detail being put in, who's to know ?

I'm sorry, but I thought putin' it in like that would be too obvious. But you're right, there's still too many Kremlins that I could have pointed at. Evil creatures that should be shot from afar.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I'm sorry, but I thought putin' it in like that would be too obvious. But you're right, there's still too many Kremlins that I could have pointed at. Evil creatures that should be shot from afar.

Why not make a separate thread about which political leaders people want killed?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    'political leaders'. Now there's an oxymoron haha.
    QBranch wrote: »

I thought an oxymoron was a drug dealer who became dumb-and-dumber from getting high on his own - 'oxy' - supply...
    QBranch wrote: »

I thought an oxymoron was a drug dealer who became dumb-and-dumber from getting high on his own - 'oxy' - supply...

Well then @QBranch was right on the money.

Why not make a separate thread about which political leaders people want killed?

Perhaps that's unsuitable for a kids-friendly forum? And we can't put them all in Bond stories now can we?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Is it a kids friendly forum? As far as I'm concerned, the F word is in two Bond films now, and therefore is fair game here as well. ;)
    Is it a kids friendly forum? As far as I'm concerned, the F word is in two Bond films now, and therefore is fair game here as well. ;)

Well, I'm not American, so I consider that kids friendly anyway... albeit from a certain age.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Shall we say it's not encouraged here and the mods take a dim view of it. I hope we can converse here well enough without it.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited October 2022 Posts: 4,312
    In a couple of films, when NTTD is further away, I would like to see 007 going to the south of Spain. How about Granada or Malaga?

U3YENd74-1380x1035.jpeg
    IMG_6714-e1638211197303.jpg
    malaga.jpg

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I recently went on holiday to Malaga, it's a gorgeous place and it's not to familiar to the general public, which is great for Bond
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I recently went on holiday to Malaga, it's a gorgeous place and it's not to familiar to the general public, which is great for Bond

A memory I have from my trip to Malaga is having to jump over a fence to escape a bunch of angry junkyard dogs. And the owner, just standing there staring.
    Jordo007 wrote: »

A memory I have from my trip to Malaga is having to jump over a fence to escape a bunch of angry junkyard dogs. And the owner, just standing there staring.

Junkman he no comprendre.
  • StarkStark France
    Any location but in Asia, Bond doesn't go there often enough in my opinion.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    Stark wrote: »
    Any location but in Asia, Bond doesn't go there often enough in my opinion.

Good call. Maybe Japan again?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Georgia comes to mind (the Asian country, not the US State). What a beautiful country, and I don't know any movie playing there.

Svaneti-5.jpg
    Backpacking-Georgia-jairph-unsplash.jpg

Sky_Mountains_Georgia_Ushguli_Upper_Svaneti_581352_1280x853.jpg
    200131-1350-adobestock-127757749.jpg
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    Maybe Bond can meet Xenia's family while he's there. But yeah, those photos look beautiful.
    I'm sure Bond could shoot in and out there. ;)
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Georgia comes to mind (the Asian country, not the US State). What a beautiful country, and I don't know any movie playing there.

Svaneti-5.jpg
    Backpacking-Georgia-jairph-unsplash.jpg

Sky_Mountains_Georgia_Ushguli_Upper_Svaneti_581352_1280x853.jpg
    200131-1350-adobestock-127757749.jpg

That’s a great suggestion! Very Bondian location.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    If we go for a cyberpunk Bond (all gadgeted up etc. which I think could be cool), South Korea has some very impressive cityscapes to explore, day or night. Not exactly a "warm" location, but plenty of international intrigue in that region. Maybe Bond goes back to the SCS.
    Maybe Bond can meet Xenia's family while he's there. But yeah, those photos look beautiful.

Didn't she have a younger sister? I think she did.....

hellbend on world domination probably...

Didn't she have a younger sister? I think she did.....

hellbend on world domination probably...

I've heard her sister was very famous for a while as a Warrior Princess. ;)
  • SilvermothSilvermoth Australia
    South Korea and Estonia would be really fun
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'd like to see Bond in Monte Carlo.
    Bond in a Monte Carlo ?!!? Ugh ! NOT a Bondian car, and Chevrolet does not even sell one anymore, and has not for a while, and...what ? What's that ? Bond IN Monte Carlo, not in A Monte Carlo ? Oh...I see...Never mind ! (with thanks to the late, great Gilda Radner)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Not for a main location, or even Bond26, but was looking around Pinewood gardens via Streetview, and there are a lot of areas that could be used in a scene.

Perhaps for snooping, or just recreation. Not much of this area was seen in the FRWL PTS. Even the sides of the house could be filmed, unless they already have. Besides FRWL and GF, how much of Pinewood has been seen in the films?

Would love to see a return of SPECTRE Island one day, with the real Bond infiltrating.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'd love to see Mallorca and also South Africa.
    So long as they stay away from Italy for a little while, as gorgeous as it is