The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Q‘s apartment in NTTD? The framed woodblocks on the wall.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's probably wrong but jumping into this, my brain instantly wants to say Zukovsky's place that gets attacked in TWINE.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,697
    It is neither Q's apartment nor Zukovsky's place.

As an aside, I've found that opening dark images in a new tab with a dark background or copy them into a graphic viewer with a black desktop, like IrfanView, really helps to see more detail.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm committed to keeping this game up front, so are there any more guessers?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    qfg1c9iyd.jpg

MR sneaking around the Drax estate.

HI, @RichardTheBruce, I'm afraid not. And to give a hint I so far refused, it is not from MR at all. But from something newer.

In someone's office, in order to accelerate this.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    If I squint it looks like the painting in M's office in NTTD but I can't place the scene so I'm gonna guess it's a close up of one of the six squad when James is getting explody-woded
    @CharmianBond

I'd be ready to cede this to you once you explain to me the meaning of "one of the six squad when James is getting explody-woded" :-).

EDIT: This sort of exceeds my English-language skills. Well, anyway, it's NTTD frame no. 0932 on screenmusings.org, the northwest corner.

I guess it's your turn again, Charmy!
    Sorry JW, I forget that not everyone speaks English natively, it's just a way of making words less serious. It's one of those linguistic things which you take for granted and so it hard to explain. And the six squad is the MI6 regulars, whom I refuse to call the Scooby squad because I like them and what they did with them in the Craig era.

As for the frame, this should be an easy one I think.

nRjTBRg.png

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Bond on the rooftop, SF?
    Just saw this at this time of night when waking up temporarily and will revert...
    Yes, @QBranch is of course right, though there is only Moneypenny in that particular shot (and I have a feeling, @CharmianBond, that you gave her a slight haircut ;) ).
    Sorry @QBranch you are right but more specifically it is the reverse shot with Eve, so @j_w_pepper wins it by a hair.

Skyfall-1825.jpg
    WHAT? I think it's totally ok if @QBranch continues since he identified the concrete scene. Perhaps you can get that sorted out among you two first.

(Alert: This is 11:20 pm here. I may not immediately respond for a while.)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Do we get the full frame from the NTTD one? I'd love to see what it actually is! :)
    I suppose what @CharmianBond posted at 10:59 IS the full frame. (I guess she just cropped the quarter on its left side to avoid seeing Eve Moneypenny's curls sticking out.) The quarter-frame is the "Northeast" corner.

UPDATE: It's midnight now over here, and I'm going to bed before further discussions.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    No, I mean this one:

qfg1c9iyd.jpg
    mtm wrote: »
    No, I mean this one:

(deleted here)

Oops, sorry. But before I start uploading the full frame, try what I wrote earlier. It's NTTD frame no. 0932 on screenmusings.org, the northwest corner. There's 120 frames on one page there, so I guess you'll find it on page 8 somewhere. It's Bond in M's office (him being on the right hand side of the image looking left).

In case of a problem, come back...but for now I'm going to bed.

Chaps, I'll leave the round with @j_w_pepper!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2022 Posts: 14,962
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    No, I mean this one:

(deleted here)

Oops, sorry. But before I start uploading the full frame, try what I wrote earlier. It's NTTD frame no. 0932 on screenmusings.org, the northwest corner. There's 120 frames on one page there, so I guess you'll find it on page 8 somewhere. It's Bond in M's office (him being on the right hand side of the image looking left).

In case of a problem, come back...but for now I'm going to bed.

Can you not at least share a link? I’m not sure you can complain about how everyone else plays if you’re not going to even bother to show the solution to yours! :)
    I don’t massively fancy looking through 900 frames for it :D
    At your service, @mtm . I seem to remember that screenmusings.org did not allow "deep links" to individual frames, but maybe they've changed that now. (PS: They apparently did.)

https://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/No-Time-to-Die/pages/No-Time-to-Die-0932.htm
    Almost forgot that it's my turn. So here is another somewhat mean one. I give the hint that there is an aircraft in the 3/4ths that are not included.

qfg221220mbix2.jpg
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Ironically considering I introduced this little game, I’ve never been any good at it! But in one of my rare fly-bys I feel I should at least make an effort. Is it Bond and Nomi on their way to Safin's island in the folding glider thingy?
    Ironically considering I introduced this little game, I’ve never been any good at it! But in one of my rare fly-bys I feel I should at least make an effort. Is it Bond and Nomi on their way to Safin's island in the folding glider thingy?
    NIce try, and I think I almost selected one of those frames which quite frankly are similar. But as a hint, this image is quite a lot older than NTTD.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Is it the giant Antonov plane of Graves in DAD?
    British Airways plane from DAD - London calling!
    It is not from DAD, and it is not British Airways.
    The plane flyover shots during the NTTD finale?
    No, as I said last night, the image is from a movie considerably older than NTTD.
    Ah, didn't see that.