The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    OK, just to sum this up around midnight our time:

The full frame shows an airplane that is not from British Airways. And it is neither from NTTD (in fact, much older) nor from DAD.

Additional hint: There is some land visible below the plane. Knowing the flight route, it might make sense that it could be Scotland (though I'm not sure it is, don't take this for granted). And the arrival of a certain person on that plane is being predicted.

Should be enough, really.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    LALD. Bond on the way to the USA?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,722
    Right, @goldenswissroyale. Here is the full frame:

https://screenmusings.org/movie/dvd/Live-and-Let-Die/pages/Live-and-Let-Die-072.htm

I'm afraid you now have to supply us with both a new quarter-frame and a new geoguesser image...

PS: Just noticed you already delivered on the geoguesser thread.
    52578335656_4ab03f58ba_z.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Might this be Bond in the cabin during the PTS of TSWLM?
    Looks charming. Maybe from Once Upon a Time in the West :-)?

Just kidding. Will think about it tomorrow after picking up the Christmas goose and finally buying a tree.
    @Creasy47 is close enough. Right location but Roger already left. The full image reveals the girl informing the ski thugs.
    I will add the image later, it doesn't work on my phone.
    Over to you.
    Let's try this out. Should be an easy one.

u2wai57atbnz.jpeg
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,722
    I guess at this time (00:00 local) this is something I won't be able to think about for the next 11 hours or so...
    I don't know what that means but it is indeed something.
    Here is the solution to my last round:
    52578862688_8f22874a3c_b.jpg
    For the new round: I would say it could be the moment when Bond arrives the first time at Kerim's place in the car (and the Bulgarian right after him).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    For the new round: I would say it could be the moment when Bond arrives the first time at Kerim's place in the car (and the Bulgarian right after him).

edited December 2022 Posts: 40,535

I didn't see this bumped but you've got it. Over to you.

ut743fab0jss.jpeg
    First thought was it's the same scene but with the cars approaching the screen.
    This will be a quick round:

52579870227_afa79e8dee_w.jpg
    Nothing?
    edited December 2022 Posts: 14,018
    Soldier running away as his jeep is targeted by Blofeld's diamond satellite death ray (DAF)
    Nothing?

I know how you feel :-)... But I've been wondering and wondering and didn't find a scene that fits. It looks like a guy (possibly Asian) with a steel helmet sitting in or standing before some vehicle with an old-looking steering wheel and an awfully upright windshield. And it's not the Routemaster bus from LALD nor Goldfinger's Rolls-Royce. But that's how far I've got, and no one else seems to either know any better or care. Perhaps a hint?
    I can't pinpoint who but one of the unconscious bodies after the gas attack during the GF finale?

Good thoughts and guesses. But it is @QBranch who takes it all. (Again!). Well done.

52580858298_f6ec5f9f72.jpg

I wouldn't have found it except by watching the movie either way, but why is that frame so distorted?

Should be closer to this, and even this is only 1:2.0:
    dafa6f9q.jpg
    I think, for the sake of consistency, we should exclusively be using those official, HD screencaps, not YouTube grabs or anything like that.
    Aspect ratio shouldn't be a problem with this game, a quarter's a quarter.

Cheers @goldenswissroyale, I'll get a new pic up soon.
    52591162217_003cb9714a_z.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I think, for the sake of consistency, we should exclusively be using those official, HD screencaps, not YouTube grabs or anything like that.

And where do I get HD screencaps without watching the movies on my laptop? I only own them on DVD...
    Maybe the floor where the ex-007 says "time to die" and kicks Obruchev to his death?
    Maybe the floor where the ex-007 says "time to die" and kicks Obruchev to his death?
    That's not it buddy.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

And where do I get HD screencaps without watching the movies on my laptop? I only own them on DVD...

Just Google the name of the film + HD screencaps and you'll be set.
    Ok I will try next time.
    For this round: TWINE where Bond meets Renard? The "crane"?