The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,369
    Just noticed all the Bond films are now available free to watch with Prime are now in 4K/UHD in the UK. Irritating for me is some time ago I bought all the Bond films on Prime in HD. Because I have already purchased the films its locking me into HD only, I hope this issue resolves itself.
    Forgot to update this thread with my latest acquisitions :

Le-Septieme-voyage-de-Sinbad-Blu-ray.jpg

61T2kY0-ycS._AC_SY550_.jpg

61RURDVZ-iS._AC_SY445_.jpg
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    FYI folks,

Barnes and Noble is having their bi-annual 50 percent off Criterion Collection sale. ;;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    550x784.jpg
    The Russia House (1990) € 1,00. Possible the movie why there cast Michael Kitchen 5 years later as Tanner in Goldeneye. Sean Connery and Klaus Maria Brandauer are seen earlier in Never Say Never Again. Nicholas Woodeson playing in Skyfall.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    M_Balje wrote: »
    550x784.jpg
    The Russia House (1990) € 1,00. Possible the movie why there cast Michael Kitchen 5 years later as Tanner in Goldeneye. Sean Connery and Klaus Maria Brandauer are seen earlier in Never Say Never Again. Nicholas Woodeson playing in Skyfall.

I went to the cinema to watch this.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    550x784.jpg

So did I. I liked it well enough, but have no intention of watching it again. It wasn t that good.
    550x784.jpg

So did I. I liked it well enough, but have no intention of watching it again. It wasn t that good.

I have maybe watched it once since then, back then I would go to the cinema to watch anything Sir Sean was in, I watched Highlander 2 and Medicine Man on the big screen around this time also if memory serves.
    All on BD (New):
    fee_200_200_png167x210.jpg
    The Hunt (2020) € 3,96 (From € 5,00)
    Split aka Unbreakable 2 (2016) € 3,96 (From € 5,00) but re-release without every where note.
    165x210.jpg162x210.jpg
    Glass aka Unbreakable 3 (2019) € 5,53 (From € 6,99)
    Hidden Figures (2016) € 5,53 (From € 6,99)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    s-l640.jpg

One more film for my Paul Naschy collection. :-bd
    Last Night in Soho / Licorice Pizza / House of Gucci (2021) 3 for € 20,00 (NEW/Online)

953x1200.jpg
    I think ''never judge book on the cover/a girl on her looks only'' realy count for this one. There are more extra's then credit on the back (why Belgium review website vergot to credit last couple of extra's). The last movie with Diana Rigg (OHMSS).

550x691.jpg
    Paul Thomas Anderson in collection: 4. He is on my wishlist to direct a Bond movie.

953x1200.jpg
    Ridley Scott in collection: 11 (Share 3th place now with Martin Campbell)

Top 5 Directers list after those movies:

1. Steven Spielberg (17)
    2. The Coen Brothers (16)
    3. Martin Campbell / Ridley Scott (11)
    4. Christopher Nolan (10)
    5. Peter Jackson (9)
    61Mg5mZTSBL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Been a couple months since I've tended to my Lana Turner fixation by ordering another film, and this is one I've never seen. Should arrive in the mail next week.
    81tSYgJtJPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    My latest buy was the Steven Spielberg version of West Side Story, but not having seen it yet, I cannot really comment. I just expect it to be a worthy, updated remake of the more-than-60-year-old classic, which I love. It's just that in my impression so far, Steven Spielberg can do no real wrong.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    @Gerard had you seen it before you bought it? Let us know what you think.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Its definitely not going into my collection.
    91vk9eibkzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    A blind buy it was going cheap in the sale, I read it's a tribute to Hammer Horror films.
    Firestarter (2022)
    the Relic

Yes, I saw it in the theater when it came out. Fun, and at times emotional. But in the end, although it had its moments, it's not the best movie I've seen this year (that would be Wakanda Forever ).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    518RHRNT3YL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Not seen this one though I was a big fan of films like Meals on Wheels and Project A etc when I was a kid. Jackie, Sammo and Yuan made some great movies, they went through some grueling training at Chinese Opera school.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Not seen this one though I was a big fan of films like Meals on Wheels and Project A etc when I was a kid. Jackie, Sammo and Yuan made some great movies, they went through some grueling training at Chinese Opera school.

Agreed. Reading about Jackie's experiences in the school in his autobiography was insightful. They're all masters of their craft as a result though.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,369
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Agreed. Reading about Jackie's experiences in the school in his autobiography was insightful. They're all masters of their craft as a result though.

It was brutal its another level of discipline and training, Jackie's early films show what a world class athlete/stuntman he was. Even Sammo for his build phenomenal. They both had involvement in Enter the Dragon, as you will know Jackie also worked on the film Fist of Fury

Well i've been on a Cyntia Rothrock kick lately, figured it was about time to start digging into her 80's HK films.

The stuff that Jackie Chan was doing back in the day was unbelievable.

Well i've been on a Cyntia Rothrock kick lately, figured it was about time to start digging into her 80's HK films.

I first became aware of Cynthia Rothrock from China O'brian co starring Richard Norton, admittedly there are a lot of her films I have not seen.

I first became aware of Cynthia Rothrock from China O'brian co starring Richard Norton, admittedly there are a lot of her films I have not seen.

I only saw that (and it's sequel) for the first time recently. I had seen a few of her films years ago, such as Police Assassin's (which unfortunately is quite hard to get for a reasonable price these days).

I only saw that (and it's sequel) for the first time recently. I had seen a few of her films years ago, such as Police Assassin's (which unfortunately is quite hard to get for a reasonable price these days).

As kid and teenager I rented most of the Golden Harvest etc martial arts movies on VHS and bought quite a few on that format. DVD and Bluray I don't have that many other than some well known Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee films, i also have several of Chuck Norris films on DVD. I would imagine that rarer titles people will likely bump up the price.

As kid and teenager I rented most of the Golden Harvest etc martial arts movies on VHS and bought quite a few on that format. DVD and Bluray I don't have that many other than some well known Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee films, i also have several of Chuck Norris films on DVD. I would imagine that rarer titles people will likely bump up the price.

You find that. Once titles go out of print, they become collectors items. Most, if not all, of the Paul Naschy titles I have on DVD fall into that category. I have gotten into a few bidding wars, and have had to decide when to cut my losses and walk away. Thankfully, I have not had to pay an outrageous sum on any of them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

You find that. Once titles go out of print, they become collectors items. Most, if not all, of the Paul Naschy titles I have on DVD fall into that category. I have gotten into a few bidding wars, and have had to decide when to cut my losses and walk away. Thankfully, I have not had to pay an outrageous sum on any of them.

I paid a pretty penny to get Hell Night on DVD, just because of how rare it was, all for Shout! Factory to give me a blu-ray version of it a few years later.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I paid a pretty penny to get Hell Night on DVD, just because of how rare it was, all for Shout! Factory to give me a blu-ray version of it a few years later.

At least it was a few years. Imagine if it was only weeks later.
    6432418_so.jpg
    It was going cheap on Amazon I only have the widescreen version not seen the film in IMAX Aspect ratio yet, its unlikely to improve the film much admittedly.