edited October 2022 Posts: 8,484
    Never is Forever

okENCah.png
    nPEWzIo.jpg
    4XaQCZe.jpg

Good god, I hope not.
    Definitely a smarmy banker/villain
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Who is that? A member? Could do worse in the looks department, let's not be so dramatic about people's looks.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    News, we need actual news, a crumb, anything! Lol
    LucknFate wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    @LucknFate … can I get another whack on the bottom, please?

Between this and the racism in this thread, I'm beginning to wonder if any of you realize you'd be likely to lose some teeth saying the things some of you say if it were in person.

True, i thought this was an actor suggesting thread, not a political argument.

To be fair discussing whether or not Bond can or should be played by a non-white actor is relevant to this thread I'd argue...

I mean, it's more relevant than the discussion we had about the face in the SF titles pages ago quite frankly... perhaps that one was less heated (almost) but still...
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784

okENCah.png
    nPEWzIo.jpg
    4XaQCZe.jpeg

Pouty McPouterson?

Good enough for your top 5?

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    007HallY wrote: »

Mod Edit

Post removed.
    This is a family friendly forum.

:)) Oh dear. Having seen that post before it was removed, I guess one could say that it really sucks that some will never get the chance to read it...

Mod Edit

Post removed.

:)) Oh dear. Having seen that post before it was removed, I guess one could say that it really sucks that some will never get the chance to read it...

I’m sad I missed it :( lol

Mod Edit

Post removed.

Mod Edit

Post removed.

I said:

Mod Edit

Post removed.

Mod Edit

Post removed.

Mod Edit

Post removed.

I said:

Mod Edit

Post removed.

Damn they are fast.
    Lol very good
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited November 2022 Posts: 8,484
    @LucknFate ... Why would I assume that anyone being mentioned as the next James Bond, would be a member here?
    @LucknFate ... Why would I assume that anyone being mentioned as the next James Bond, would be a member here?

Wouldn’t it be great though
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's nice seeing threats of physical violence on here as the disagreements continue. No wonder I avoided this thread for the last few days.

Let's get back to making suggestions, with friendly agreements or disagreements afforded as a result, and any personal attacks can be taken to PMs since some of you clearly can't help yourselves. Any more of it's going to result in official warnings being dished out. Learn to play nice or at least avoid opinions (or members) you disagree with.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Let's get back to making suggestions, with friendly agreements or disagreements afforded as a result

It can’t happen in this thread with some of the participants. I suppose pretending the problem doesn’t exist will have to be the solution here, and I’ll go elsewhere.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Let's get back to making suggestions, with friendly agreements or disagreements afforded as a result

It can’t happen in this thread with some of the participants. I suppose pretending the problem doesn’t exist will have to be the solution here, and I’ll go elsewhere.

Well it continues running rampant, despite all the moderator interference, so if that's the case, official warnings and bans it shall be. Some of the discussion here is really toxic and clearly meant to troll or fuel reactions.
    Agreed.
  • This thread is mental. Reaching a dead-end
    This thread is mental. Reaching a dead-end

Bring it in... or the mods will put it down. ;)
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I miss the days when we used to show two pictures of actors and then we'd choose a favourite between them. That was fun.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yep

edited November 2022 Posts: 7,526
    The man who will be the next Bond looks upon this thread with sadness, but knows that after everyone has had a refreshing libation, there can be optimism that healthy discussion is somewhere on the horizon...

5965.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=3ec2aa2224c7a2eb8575a25388cf9d22
  • talos7 wrote: »
    News, we need actual news, a crumb, anything! Lol

This is top secret information: Someone is growing out a fringe.
    The man who will be the next Bond looks upon this thread with sadness, but knows that after everyone has had a refreshing libation, there can be optimism that healthy discussion is somewhere on the horizon...

5965.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=3ec2aa2224c7a2eb8575a25388cf9d22

Get this man in the role for even one film, just one installment, and I'd be incredibly grateful.
    We Bond fans had a forum. Nothing to boast of. You could check out every topic in an hour, but still it was, it was a paradise for us. One November 1st, we went for a visit and discovered the place had been infested with personal insults. They'd come on some upset members and gorged themselves on controversial opinions. So how do you get personal insults off a forum? The mods showed me. We buried an oil drum and hinged the lid. Then we wired Sope Disiru, Rege Jean Page and Idris Elba to the lid as bait and the personal insults would come for the controversial opinions and... they would fall into the drum. And after a few minutes, you have trapped all the personal insults, but what do you do then? Ban the members? Issue personal warnings? No. You just deprive the Bond community with any news whatsoever and they begin to get hungry. And one by one... they start eating eachother until there are only two left. The two survivors. And then what? Do you ban them? No. You take them and release them into the forum, but now they don't eat controversial opinions anymore. Now, they only eat eachother. You have changed their nature. The two survivors. This is what a complete lack of Bond news has made us.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2022 Posts: 14,933
    I thought he was being a bit cheeky having a shot with a martini there, but it does seem to be from a food and drink mag and not a (too conscious) Bond wink :)
    Also, what the hell kind of martini has olives and a twist? ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,528
    I think we're dangerously close to closing down this thread. If members continue to spit accusations of 'racism', 'woke', ..., we're going to issue warnings. We are here to suggest actors for shits and giggles; nothing more. I had hoped that last week's discussions about accusations from one side to the other and back again could've been enough. Then we left this frankly boring as-hell thread be for a few days, only to return and discover that nothing's changed. This is supposed to be good fun, yet people act as if their lives depend on it. Those who feel the need to launch personal attacks over something as silly as who will play Bond next, are always free to seek shelter in the You Tube Comment section! But not here. The nonsense we have read here, my god! "Please stop mentioning an actor I don't like!" "You don't want a female Bond? You're a SEXIST!" "Your choice reeks of 'woke'." Are we five again?

You know what this thread makes very clear? It's that EON should never--never!--listen to the "fans". You couldn't get a Bond film made in a hundred years if you listened to us. Want to know why? Check out these pages. So sober up, people, because we've had it with the caustic atmosphere here. Member A suggests a candidate; member B comments on that, but as soon as either decides to call the other too woke, racist, a nitwit, whatever, he's out.