Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2022 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Just feel he has great range. Also, spoilers for Bullet Train if you haven’t seen it.

I agree, @Denbigh! He was excellent in Bullet Train and potential Bond material in my opinion.

He have the looks, I saw him with his short hair and little beard or near shaven.
    This guy have a potential.
    Yeah, he's got a good look. He was clean-shaven in The King's Man.

FLWXVvmUcAESw1k?format=jpg&name=large
    FLWXVweUcAAhgi5?format=jpg&name=large
    ... And I doubt he'll be very busy with Kraven sequels.
    100%
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Big fan of Aaron Taylor-Johnson getting it.
    I'm not sure if EON would ever do it, but I think Taylor-Johnson would suit Bond's scar from the novels.
  • LucknFate wrote: »
    Bond shouldn't need facial hair to look mature.

I think Hoult can look quite mature depending on the pics. Some images from The Menu make him look good enough for me to be a convincing Bond. I guess it will be the task of the director to do his best for him to look mature all the time on screen.
    Nicholas-Hoult-The-Menu-character.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Venutius wrote: »
    Can't be easy navigating the fine line between an actor putting himself on EON's radar but not giving the impression that they're chasing it. I don't envy them trying to gauge it!

Totally. I think it’s one of those things that’s impossible to try for. They say luck is the intersection of Opportunity and Preparation. Probably the only way to attempt to be Bond is to be extremely prepared by tuning your craft and trying to make yourself as Bond-esque as possible, and take every opportunity, to be in Bond-esque films. Then you might get lucky.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Kojak007 wrote: »
    The film "The Menu" with Ralph Fiennes is getting great reviews, including some praise for the performance of Nicholas Hoult.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the movie, including it's director, gets the attention of the Bond producers.
    I'm probably in the minority, but I think Hoult certainly could bring a fresh, interesting take on the Bond character.

Hoult has his supports here; at the moment he’s in my top 5
    nicholas-hoult-with-parents-glenis-brown-and-roger-hoult-attend-the-picture-id1145897589

I like the guy sure enough but I'm not sure he'll ever look grown enough to me, given his father also looks rather young still. Bond shouldn't need facial hair to look mature.

Brosnan sported a bit in Goldeneye. Hoult continues to grow into his looks; a youthful appearance bodes well for longevity in the role.

gVcPxo1.jpg

MI6HQ wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Just feel he has great range. Also, spoilers for Bullet Train if you haven’t seen it.

I agree, @Denbigh! He was excellent in Bullet Train and potential Bond material in my opinion.

He have the looks, I saw him with his short hair and little beard or near shaven.
    This guy have a potential.
    Yeah, he's got a good look. He was clean-shaven in The King's Man.

FLWXVvmUcAESw1k?format=jpg&name=large
    FLWXVweUcAAhgi5?format=jpg&name=large

Y'know, he's growing on me somewhat. I'm not sure he's in my top preferences or anything, but I do like him as an actor and as has been mentioned he seems to be on the producer's radar. If they're looking for someone different to Craig he's worth an audition certainly.

Obviously it's early days, but I get the sense that picking the next Bond will be a different story to when Craig was cast. From what I've read from Broccoli it seems they had a large number of candidates, but Craig was the only one who really stood out. I suspect this time they'll have a wider field of candidates (not necessarily more, but a wider variety of looks, acting styles etc.) where the decision will be closer/harder to make between two or three candidates perhaps.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a candidate I've been liking more and more in the past year. I think I'd be very happy seeing him get the role.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think he can be a good actor but I'm far from convinced he's got it as a lead.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Aaron Taylor Johnson isn't a bad choice at all. Similar career path as Craig pre 2005.
    Wasn't he Kick Ass?
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Aaron Taylor Johnson isn't a bad choice at all. Similar career path as Craig pre 2005.
    Wasn't he Kick Ass?

That he was! I thought he was one of the best parts of this year's Bullet Train too.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wasn't he Kick Ass?

That he was! I thought he was one of the best parts of this year's Bullet Train too.

I thought I recognised him. I still haven't seen Bullet Train yet, but I've heard it's fun.

Johnson is still only 32 as well, he's definitely a contender. I'd rather see him cast than Hoult, Page or some of the other front runners honestly
    Wasn't he Kick Ass?

I thought I recognised him. I still haven't seen Bullet Train yet, but I've heard it's fun.

Johnson is still only 32 as well, he's definitely a contender. I'd rather see him cast than Hoult, Page or some of the other front runners honestly

It's a blast. I enjoyed it more as a comedy than as an action film. Pitt, ATJ and Brian Tyree Henry kill it with every scene they're in.

And I agree, I'd choose him over the other two you mentioned.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Wasn't he Kick Ass?

He’s actually doing another film with the same director, David Leitch, starring Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling. He was spotted on set recently with a rather interesting look.

edited November 2022 Posts: 40,474
    Interesting, I almost forgot that started filming. Sounds interesting, I'm sure he'll be great in such a role.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Infinitely more sex appeal than Hoult.

Yeah I think that's definitely true.

article-2337490-1A325DBC000005DC-78_634x888.jpg

To be fair, there could be something for a certain contingent of folk.
    mtm wrote: »
    I think he can be a good actor but I'm far from convinced he's got it as a lead.

I agree…

article-2337490-1A325DBC000005DC-78_634x888.jpg

To be fair, there could be something for a certain contingent of folk.

Furry-our Eyes Only.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jack O'Connell is killing it in Rogue Heroes at the moment.

391017.jpg
    That's him watching out for that cockroach Obruchev who's trying to steal his toothbrush.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    The thread is back for two days and I already get "60 new comments". Incredible.

I will just quickly throw in a name I have heard a handful of times lately, even though I am quite sure he will not get it: Harry Lawtey.
    20220721_HARRYLAWTEY34728.jpg?fit=crop&crop=focalpoint&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&w=1180
    21081041-high_res-industry.jpg?q=80&w=440&ar=16:9&fit=crop&crop=top
    industry-finale.jpg
    Harry-Lawtey-Industry-Amanda-Searle-HBO-01.jpg?fit=696%2C392&quality=80&strip=info&ssl=1

This would be the "cheeky line of coke in the Pub"-Bond.
    He's too young, too unknown and too inexperienced (and too blond). I thought I'd mention him anyway, just to have it on the record.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    The thread is back for two days and I already get "60 new comments". Incredible.

I will just quickly throw in a name I have heard a handful of times lately, even though I am quite sure he will not get it: Harry Lawtey.
    industry-finale.jpg
    Harry-Lawtey-Industry-Amanda-Searle-HBO-01.jpg?fit=696%2C392&quality=80&strip=info&ssl=1

He's too young, too unknown and too inexperienced (and too blond). I thought I'd mention him anyway, just to have it on the record.

Like Garfield, Holland, or Chalamet.

Too young looking for Bond, he's more into Boy Next Door College Boy type too.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited November 2022 Posts: 3,391
    Here's my new contender, didn't liked popular/famous ones like Hemsworth, Cumberbatch, etc.?

Guy Burnet, a British Theatre Actor (39 years old)

Guy-Burnet-Photography-by-Indira-Cesarine-for-The-Untitled-Magazine_005x.jpg

21.jpg

13.jpg

27.jpg

depositphotos_62942549-stock-photo-guy-burnet.jpg

He's unknown, not looking too young and can act! He's also British! He also have the looks!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

industry-finale.jpg

Yes I think I mentioned him when the first series of Industry came out: he is a pretty impressive actor I think- I can imagine him being a star. Great deep voice too.

industry-finale.jpg

I can absolutely see the potential.
    Let's not forget that being an unknown is not an issue, in fact I think it's an asset, as long as he's got strong acting experience.
    Lawtey is 26, so he would probably be 28 at the start of filming, possibly older; he’s definitely in the age range.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 1,430

industry-finale.jpg

Dressed up there's potential. Dressed down in that third pic leaves a bad impression. Very punchable in that photo. Not that Bond can't look a little punchable. The only photo with any sex appeal is the first, though a deep voice will help.