007 Legends Announced

Comments

jolearon wrote:
    jolearon wrote:
    That is sad, sad news to me, its only fair to play the missions with the original Bond that originally played the mission??? Why change it? IF not, then don't make it at all! So unsettling.

I like seeing what one Bond can do with another's films. In GE2010, it was refreshing to see a Daniel Craig take on a film I've seen very many times (and can still watch to this day, despite playing the WiiMake).

^Bingo again. Glad to see I'm not the only person to feel this way.

Let's be clear, sure that would be great to see other Bond characters play the other films, but we haven't even seen the original idea or playing the old ones to their original films yet and were already mixing new with the old. Whatever.

And one more thing. I read someone said; " the game isn't out yet, so what is everyone complaining?" ... Well, I'm doing just that, because if enough people say what they like / dislike it may have a chance to change before it goes public.

That's not how Activision rolls. They want $$$.

And they're too stupid to realise what they're doing (releasing a worse version of COD close to the real COD release date), won't make them $$$
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't see their angle with that: release something that's like CoD, but isn't, for the same price of CoD, around the same exact time of CoD's release. Doesn't make sense.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Activision knows that COD players will try to get COD any way they can, be it real COD or imitated COD.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I don't think COD players do though, and the sales for the latest Bond games show that.

Like I said before, if people wanted COD, they'd buy COD! I don't get their logic when it comes to this.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't see their angle with that: release something that's like CoD, but isn't, for the same price of CoD, around the same exact time of CoD's release. Doesn't make sense.

Exactly.
    @Agent007391, if you are an avid CoD fan, and you have two games coming out at almost exactly the same time: CoD and '007 Legends,' which will you pick? The one you're the biggest fan of, or the one that is like it? I'm sure you would pick the former.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, if you are an avid CoD fan, and you have two games coming out at almost exactly the same time: CoD and '007 Legends,' which will you pick? The one you're the biggest fan of, or the one that is like it? I'm sure you would pick the former.

I'd go for the one I'm the biggest fan of.

or, option #3: Get both. Somehow, even in this economy, there's people out there capable of spending $120 in one day on two games.

But, if you're such a COD fan, who has to play anything and everything COD and COD-like, you'll shell out as much as possible to fuel your COD fetish. You'll beat the single-player campaigns and then start working your way towards level 50 on the multiplayer. There are people like that out there.
    I am a COD fan and a Bond fan. But if I wasn't a Bond fan I wouldn't even pay attention to 007 Legends. So no, I don't think COD gameplay will sell this.

And I'm not entirely convinced that this is a pure COD ripoff despite a few gameplay similarities.
    QOS, although built on COD 4's engine, I thought was actually less similar to COD than the GE remake, which is wierd.
    QOS, although built on COD 4's engine, I thought was actually less similar to COD than the GE remake, which is wierd.

I felt the same way, and part of it may have been due to the inclusion of a health bar.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I am a COD fan and a Bond fan. But if I wasn't a Bond fan I wouldn't even pay attention to 007 Legends.

Absolutely. I am not a massive COD fan but enjoy it. If I was going to pay full price for one of them on release day it would be COD over 007 Legends every time because I know exactly what I will get with COD - a game that has had money spent on it to be if not original then a very polished experience. COD does what it does and does it very well. You cant really argue with that.

Shouldnt the fact that a massive Bond fan like me would always go for COD over 007 Legends worry Activison? Or at least their accountants? I've I'm not going to shell out full price for it on opening day then just who the f**k do they think will?

The only thing that will save this game from following Bloodstone and GE Reloaded straight into the bargain bin a week after release will be the 50th publicity but even that wont make a dent in CODs sales.
    Actually Reloaded has yet to make it in the bargain bin lol. If you go to your local store you will see it still selling for at least $40 to full price of $59.99. I am not sure why there are so many haters of Reloaded? The single player is amazing, sure its a re-imaging but I absolutely loved it on Wii and the coat of paint made it look great. The only problem I may have had with it is that it was a bit too easy even on the highest difficulty. MI6 OPS was an idea taken from COD sure...but does that mean it sucked? No its just one more thing for people to complain about. I played a few of the stealth missions and they were nicely done. Only thing really imo that is worthy of complaining about is the lack up patches/fixes and the obsured amount of lag/framerate issues in online multiplayer. Other than that I am totally satisfied with my $60 I spent on its release. The complaints I hear from people in game chat are not that the game is bad, most say it is pretty fun. The problem is they always say how bad the lag is and mention how they will be trading it in because of that. Activision fixes the lag and gives us a server worth a crap and the community will grow.
    @YELARAKA Why the hate for Reloaded? Where do I begin...

It's nothing but a cash in. They know people loved the n64 game and decided "lets remake it to get some money, TWICE!!!" I bought the wiimake and hated it so what makes them think I want to buy it again? Alot of people also bought a Wii just for the GE remake, so I really feel bad for them. And you bought the remake and Reloaded? If you feel happy buying the same game twice just for a bit of improvement on graphics then I feel bad for you.

I'm in the uk and don't really understand how much American money is worth, but $40 is still $20 less than a full priced game. Here in the UK I saw it with the cheap older games at Tesco a few weeks after it's release. Call Of Duty 4 was selling at the same price of £15. That's when other games released at the same time, like Assassins Creed Revelations, Skyrim, Battlefield and MW3, were still £40-£50.

"MI6Ops was an idea taken from COD, but does that mean it sucked"

Yes, it does. They made no effort to hide it was from COD and it makes the game even more of a COD clone. And from what I've seen/heard, MI6ops is boring and repetative, while at least in spec ops you do fun stuff.

btw, there's plenty more to do on this site than defend the Activision Bond games.
    You can even take BF3 - one of my favorite FPS's of all time - and look at its recent DLC, 'Close Quarters': it stole everything from CoD. All of the maps are close quarters, and it added two game modes - Gun Master and Conquest Domination - that were ripped directly from 'Black Ops.'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You can even take BF3 - one of my favorite FPS's of all time - and look at its recent DLC, 'Close Quarters': it stole everything from CoD. All of the maps are close quarters, and it added two game modes - Gun Master and Conquest Domination - that were ripped directly from 'Black Ops.'
    I heard the same goes for the campaign...
    :-S
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, oh, absolutely. It wasn't even a generic plot, it was the exact same campaign from 'Black Ops.'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, oh, absolutely. It wasn't even a generic plot, it was the exact same campaign from 'Black Ops.'

Wow. And I am sure that the game developer ignorantly peddles it as an original concept.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Wow. And I am sure that the game developer ignorantly peddles it as an original concept.

I'm sure they all do. It's just mind-blowing: THEY HAVE THE SAME EXACT PLOT! It's such a unique thing that I refuse to believe they both came up with the idea at the same time, yet BF3 couldn't change it within the year after 'Black Ops' release. It just doesn't make sense. It's such a glaringly obvious fault that really irks me.
    And this is why I stick with the Bad Company games.
    btw, there's plenty more to do on this site than defend the Activision Bond games.

You sound upset. Go outside and get some fresh air. I'm sorry a random guys opinion on the internet has you so upset. There's also more to do on this site than cry about how much you hate 95% of bond games. Guess what don't buy them then you'll have nothing to B**** about.
    Bad Company 1 had the best campaign. BF3's campaign was crap but the multiplayer was worth the £40 I paid for it.
    YELARAKA wrote:

You sound upset. Go outside and get some fresh air. I'm sorry a random guys opinion on the internet has you so upset. There's also more to do on this site than cry about how much you hate 95% of bond games. Guess what don't buy them then you'll have nothing to B**** about.

I hate 2 Bond games, GE 2010 and GE reloaded, and they're basically the same one, hardly 95%. I've just been out actually, and now it's raining so I came home. You sound pretty upset yourself mate. I don't buy them anymore, since I didn't buy Reloaded and I'm not buying Legends. And I do plenty more on this site than complain about the Bond games, but looking at your posts you don't do much more than defending them.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 127
    If you can remember what I post or took the time to go look, you got issues. Seems like you don't like Activsion...cool mate. Send them all the hate mail you wish. I happen to like a COD clone that doesn't have all the try hards and campers. Reloaded stays true to fast pace arcade FPS and is FUN. There isn't anything wrong imo with the COD games, it is the people who play it like it's their life that ruin it. I enjoy the game otherwise. Well GER and GE Wii offered the same formula without that BS. So...BOOM I really enjoy it for the most part, get over it.
    I do wish this would stop being a COD/Activision bashing thread and get back to the topic at hand: posting new info about 007 Legends and then discussing it. It's okay if people don't like a certain game, a certain aspect of a certain game, or even just a certain anything - post your piece, move on. Stop taking up pages upon pages of just b*tching about:

"Wah! Only Craig's in this game, Wah! Stupid contracts, Wah!"
    "Damn Call of Duty rip off!"
    "Nobody'll buy it cuz COD comes out in a week (or 2) after this!"
    "I hate COD!"
    "Damn snowmobiles and rocket launchers!" (yes, DC007, I'm lookin' at you)
    "I can't stand COD rip offs!"

This is what the last few pages of this thread have basically amounted to. And the so-called "free thinking" people who hate COD and want freedom of opinion, but bash other people's opinions when they don't give giant amounts of hate for COD.

COD can be fun.
    COD rip offs can be fun.
    If you don't like it, stop treating others who do like they're the world's biggest sinners!

Far too many threads have been turned into this type of "Hate for hate's sake" of back and forth, with the haters constantly reposting their hate, and the non-haters (or even half-haters) posting legitimate arguments to the contrary and then being ignored and countered by the same damn hateful opinions of the haters.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ^ This! We need to focus on THE SUBJECT! 007 LEGENDS!

Moonraker: Looks like it will be a fun Journey. Based on the Concept art it looks like It will start with Bond meeting Holly in Drax's office and might recreate that scene "A Woman!" Then take us to a battle on the ground then the final confrontation in Outer Space! looks epic.

OHMSS: Bond incognito has made it to Piz Gloria and maybe Meets Tracy, then Blofeld. Then some things happens and Bond has to escape via Snowmobile while Tracy skis to safety. The Avalanche happens then Bond joins up With Draco and the epic climax ensues! looks awesome.

On the whole, 007 Legends looks like it's going to be a big improvement over Reloaded. I can't wait to see what other missions are going to be there.

once again, I'm hoping for...

Dr. No
    The Living Daylights
    Die Another Day
    and of course Skyfall. :D
    '007 Legends' looks a lot like CoD, so I was expressing valid points as to why the CoD crowd may not flock to it. I'm still discussing the game, so I don't see why it isn't on topic. This isn't an appreciation thread, just the game at hand. It had to have turned out like this, when information on the game only comes out once or twice a month.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    '007 Legends' looks a lot like CoD, so I was expressing valid points as to why the CoD crowd may not flock to it. I'm still discussing the game, so I don't see why it isn't on topic. This isn't an appreciation thread, just the game at hand. It had to have turned out like this, when information on the game only comes out once or twice a month.

No one's saying anything about you, specifically, and I never said this was an appreciation thread. I'm just tired of seeing the same damn posts with slightly different wording repeated 20 times in a page, as they have been by various people over the last few pages.

It's like COD, we get it; it probably won't sell as good as COD, no sh*t, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out, the greatest masterpiece in the world wouldn't sell as good as COD; Activision's marketing strategy sucks, that's been obvious since the late 90s, because they almost always pick only two times a year to come out with good games. These three things have just been said to death.
    But that's the thing: it's turned into this type of thread because we aren't getting any news. Trust me, I'm looking forward to the next trailer(s), screenshots, and mission releases, just to talk about them and share my excitement, whether I plan on getting the game or not.
    Yes, as it has been said, there isn't much in the way of information coming in. There is only the meager release materials to discuss at the moment. But this is the time where releases are needed most to convince me that it could be good. I need to be convinced that this game is worth a future purchase, but Activision haven't sold me on it thus far.
    Yes, as it has been said, there isn't much in the way of information coming in. There is only the meager release materials to discuss at the moment. But this is the time where releases are needed most to convince me that it could be good. I need to be convinced that this game is worth a future purchase, but Activision haven't sold me on it thus far.

That's my biggest thing, and I'm not focusing on just this game: with tax, video games roughly cost $63 these days. That's a lot of money, and if a game company doesn't give me a demo or beta to play, they better shell out a lot in the form of gameplay videos, trailers, screenshots, gameplay information, etc. to sell me on their new product. I can't keep gambling with this type of system anymore, I have to be 95% sure that I'm ready to put out that type of cash for something.
    They should really release more info for this. It's not going to sell that well anyway but they're not helping with this marketing.
    YELARAKA wrote:
    If you can remember what I post or took the time to go look, you got issues. Seems like you don't like Activsion...cool mate. Send them all the hate mail you wish. I happen to like a COD clone that doesn't have all the try hards and campers. Reloaded stays true to fast pace arcade FPS and is FUN. There isn't anything wrong imo with the COD games, it is the people who play it like it's their life that ruin it. I enjoy the game otherwise. Well GER and GE Wii offered the same formula without that BS. So...BOOM I really enjoy it for the most part, get over it.

I enjoy some COD games, like WAW, I just don't like how it's the same every year. Commenting about them on here is hardly hate mail, and I don't mind Acitivision, I just hate what they're doing with the Bond licence.. You can enjoy what you want, I was just saying in my original post why I thought the new GE games were crap. I didn't remember your posts, I've just never seen you post in anything that doesn't involve the new Bond games.