The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looking way better than the last handful of installments. Perhaps a bit too clean looking for my tastes but it gave me hearty Hellraiser II vibes which I like. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Looking way better than the last handful of installments. Perhaps a bit too clean looking for my tastes but it gave me hearty Hellraiser II vibes which I like. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I also recently watched Night Breed in fact it was last week, I do like the clunky feel to the make up and proceedings of the older Clive barker adaptions.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm really going to have to check out these films.

'X' is a great film though I don't want to create absurdly high expectations either. Go with the film, and see for yourself. In my experience, when people tell you how awesome a film is, even a very good film can easily feel like a disappointment.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

'X' is a great film though I don't want to create absurdly high expectations either. Go with the film, and see for yourself. In my experience, when people tell you how awesome a film is, even a very good film can easily feel like a disappointment.

It was exactly the type of "slasher" film I've been after for a long time now. It felt like a long lost hit from decades past that I had somehow never seen.

It was exactly the type of "slasher" film I've been after for a long time now. It felt like a long lost hit from decades past that I had somehow never seen.

I agree. Although I would say that SCREAM V is the best slasher I have seen in years. No matter, both include the very talented Jenna Ortega. 😉

I agree. Although I would say that SCREAM V is the best slasher I have seen in years. No matter, both include the very talented Jenna Ortega. 😉

I've gotta give that one another go, I was very lukewarm on it and unimpressed when I saw it. I might give it a rewatch before this next one releases.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    That Hellraiser trailer looks awesome. I think I'm too much of a baby to see this one in theatres, but seems intriguing nevertheless.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Shyamalan has been very hit and miss over the years, but I will watch this. Looks fun enough.When MNS is good, he s really good.

Shyamalan has been very hit and miss over the years, but I will watch this. Looks fun enough.When MNS is good, he s really good.

I'm always down to check out his films, even if they're mostly underwhelming or outright bad. I thought Old was pretty terrible, hopefully this one's better.

I'm always down to check out his films, even if they're mostly underwhelming or outright bad. I thought Old was pretty terrible, hopefully this one's better.

Yes. His first three remain his best.

I am alone in thinking the Happening not such a bad film, then. 😉

I haven t seen that. Will check it out if I get the chance. I also liked The Village and Split.

I haven t seen that. Will check it out if I get the chance. I also liked The Village and Split.

The Happening is the story of Marky Mark being afraid of grass and the wind.
    I'll also always give MNS a chance. Old was indeed very bad, and I didn't know he had this new one out.

The Happening is the story of Marky Mark being afraid of grass and the wind.

I just checked, and saw it is available to rent. I will give it a go at some point in the near future.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 40,372
    By the way, Pearl rocked. It has a somewhat similar approach to X, albeit with way less sex and nudity and camp, acting as more of a psychotic character study with another really, really great performance from Mia Goth. The finale is not at all what I expected and her skills there are seriously award-worthy. Bring on MaXXXine, I'm so ready to conclude the trilogy.
    My girlfriend and I had been wanting to see Barbarian for weeks and it finally got to our local cinema. We saw it this evening and were the ONLY ones in the whole theater, which heightened the atmosphere. I gotta say, that was one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. It subverts expectations the whole film but remains creepy, sinister, and darkly hilarious throughout. Seriously, go into it blind and enjoy yourself. I jumped so bad a few times. It was really, really, really effective and terrifying.
    Damn, I really want to see it but I think I’m too much of a wuss. When it comes to streaming I will I think.
    Just watched X for the first time and holy sh*t it was awesome. The exact kind of throwback horror I need in my life from modern movies, complete with gratuitous sex and crazy violence xD amazing stuff, love it
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,518
    I saw today that it's free with Amazon Prime Video, looking forward to checking it out.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-cloverfield-film-signs-babak-anvari-as-director/1100-6507799/

Never seen a franchise vary so wildly in quality; the last one (Paradox) was so completely abysmal, but the other two were good enough that I'll give a new one a chance.
    Damn, I really want to see it but I think I’m too much of a wuss. When it comes to streaming I will I think.

It was so worth it. Eager to hear everyone's thoughts if any of you ever get around to seeing it.
    Venutius wrote: »
    I really liked Dracula, Prince of Darkness - first Dracula film I ever saw. The final two Hammer Dracula's took a strange turn, though...

As different as it is, I really like Satanic Rites.

How often do you do it?

The mod team is contractually obligated to engage in Satantic rites every new moon. We use a pig's blood if you must know.

Well everyone has their hobbies

I'm not paying to see it in theaters but I'm sure I'll see it eventually.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Looks like angry Michael is back. Angry rage fueled Michael was the only saving grace of Halloween Kills.

I might have stumbled across a BIG plot twist on another site. There is a shot in that trailer that looks like it might confirm what I am read. Looks like it might be true, in which case, there is going to be lot of annoyed people.
    If the leaks I read were true, it’s going to be trash. But obviously I’m going to watch it regardless.

Looks like angry Michael is back. Angry rage fueled Michael was the only saving grace of Halloween Kills.

I might have stumbled across a BIG plot twist on another site. There is a shot in that trailer that looks like it might confirm what I am read. Looks like it might be true, in which case, there is going to be lot of annoyed people.

Michael Myers is actually Michelle Myers?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    If the leaks I read were true, it’s going to be trash. But obviously I’m going to watch it regardless.

Going off of your post, I think we might have read the same leaks. And if it's true, trash station here we come. Choo choo.

Michael Myers is actually Michelle Myers?

gay-michael-myers.gif
    :))