007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Agent007391, I surmise the only reason they did that is I doubt there were many people who played the PS2 version, so it was less work for them to transfer that level over, and they scrapped it entirely.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I adore the PS2 version of QoS. So good.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,551

Aside from the train level, are there any other big changes that are noticeable in the PS2 version of the game?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Aside from the train level, are there any other big changes that are noticeable in the PS2 version of the game?

Yes, it is actually good! Haha, kidding aside, the levels are absolutely different, and in third person. It is awesome if you can find it and play it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Changes from the film or from the PS3/360 version of the game?
    Wow, third person? That is a definite change. If I had a PS2, I would probably give it a go.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Instead of the Train, there is a Haitian Docks level where you sneak around the docks to Find Camille confront Green like in the movie. sans the boat chase.

Changes from the PS3/360 version.
    Murdock wrote:
    Instead of the Train, there is a Haitian Docks level where you sneak around the docks to Find Camille confront Green like in the movie. sans the boat chase.

Sounds to me like the total opposite of what happens in the film. It could be fun, though. I want to get my hands on a PS2 and a copy now.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Sounds to me like the total opposite of what happens in the film. It could be fun, though. I want to get my hands on a PS2 and a copy now.
    Yes, it takes liberties from both, to make sure the player is actually participating in gameplay.
    Murdock wrote:

The map for that level appears in GE:RL multiplayer as 'Docks'

Even if QOS PS2 is better then PS3. EON, Nightfire etc. are Better then QOS
    Virage wrote:
    EON, Nightfire etc. are Better then QOS

Agreed. I never cared for the PS2 version of QOS and never got to play the PS3/360 so I don't know how good it is.
    QoS was ok but not great
    jolearon wrote:
    That is sad, sad news to me, its only fair to play the missions with the original Bond that originally played the mission??? Why change it? IF not, then don't make it at all! So unsettling.

I like seeing what one Bond can do with another's films. In GE2010, it was refreshing to see a Daniel Craig take on a film I've seen very many times (and can still watch to this day, despite playing the WiiMake).

^Bingo again. Glad to see I'm not the only person to feel this way.

Let's be clear, sure that would be great to see other Bond characters play the other films, but we haven't even seen the original idea or playing the old ones to their original films yet and were already mixing new with the old. Whatever.

And one more thing. I read someone said; " the game isn't out yet, so what is everyone complaining?" ... Well, I'm doing just that, because if enough people say what they like / dislike it may have a chance to change before it goes public.

jolearon wrote:
    jolearon wrote:
    That is sad, sad news to me, its only fair to play the missions with the original Bond that originally played the mission??? Why change it? IF not, then don't make it at all! So unsettling.

I like seeing what one Bond can do with another's films. In GE2010, it was refreshing to see a Daniel Craig take on a film I've seen very many times (and can still watch to this day, despite playing the WiiMake).

^Bingo again. Glad to see I'm not the only person to feel this way.

Let's be clear, sure that would be great to see other Bond characters play the other films, but we haven't even seen the original idea or playing the old ones to their original films yet and were already mixing new with the old. Whatever.

And one more thing. I read someone said; " the game isn't out yet, so what is everyone complaining?" ... Well, I'm doing just that, because if enough people say what they like / dislike it may have a chance to change before it goes public.

That's not how Activision rolls. They want $$$.
    Exactly. If big bucks aren't involved - or at least some form of money making - then Activision doesn't care. They're just in it for money.
    Murdock wrote:
    Virage wrote:

Agreed. I never cared for the PS2 version of QOS and never got to play the PS3/360 so I don't know how good it is.

I played the PS2 version but I didn't like it very much because the controls were extremely difficult to become used to and the camera angles were quite out of sorts compared to the Xbox 360 version. Now I'm not one of those who has to play the newer version because of graphics and what not, but the PS2 version didnt get it done for me because of the handling. It was just very hard to actually aim and shoot someone or perform any simple task for that matter; therefore I resorted back to the 360 version, and as a plus I got better graphics, hahahaha. The only downside is that the 360 version lacks the Docks level and the more straightforward chase levels with Mitchell and Mollaka.
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Virage wrote:

I played the PS2 version but I didn't like it very much because the controls were extremely difficult to become used to and the camera angles were quite out of sorts compared to the Xbox 360 version. Now I'm not one of those who has to play the newer version because of graphics and what not, but the PS2 version didnt get it done for me because of the handling. It was just very hard to actually aim and shoot someone or perform any simple task for that matter; therefore I resorted back to the 360 version, and as a plus I got better graphics, hahahaha. The only downside is that the 360 version lacks the Docks level and the more straightforward chase levels with Mitchell and Mollaka.

Sounds better than my Experience with it, I beat it in several hours and shoved in Everything or Nothing after that mess that was the PS2 version.
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Virage wrote:

Sounds better than my Experience with it, I beat it in several hours and shoved in Everything or Nothing after that mess that was the PS2 version.

Hahahahahaha, a return to the better days of 007 gaming I see!
    Yeah, remember those days when developers cared more about the game itself and not the money going in their pockets?
    Yeah, remember those days when developers cared more about the game itself and not the money going in their pockets?

Ahhh....just to think about such a concept. Amen and preach on, brother!!
    Those were quite the days. Feels like ages ago...oh, wait, it was ages ago. My mistake.
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Virage wrote:

Indeed, I was about ready to take it back the day I got it but I'll just let it collect dust next to my big Yoshi figurine.
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Virage wrote:

Indeed, I was about ready to take it back the day I got it but I'll just let it collect dust next to my big Yoshi figurine.

Heck there is only one reason I still have my PS2
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Changes from the PS3/360 version.

Changes from the PS3/360 version to the PS2 version:

1) Big, obvious change: 3rd person.
    2) The opening level (the assault on White's villa) does not have the big explosion/setting the house on fire sequence at the end.
    3) The title sequence credits Eurocom instead of Treyarch.
    4) The areas in the chase for Mitchell are completely different. I think there's different dialogue in the pre-mission briefing. You have to shoot out the tires of a car Mitchell's trying to escape in. The fight at the end of the mission is more faithful to the film (but still nothing like it).
    5) There's a new briefing for the Haiti mission, plus obligatory cutscenes. Not to mention the Haiti mission itself.
    6) The opera level is a stealth level, and is a little shorter. There aren't as many places to go through.
    7) The sinkhole level has less enemies, but three helicopter sequences that are harder than those in the PS3/360 version.
    8) The first half of the Mollaka chase is still there. I can't remember if the construction site is in the PS2 version.
    9) Parts of Miami are still in the game, but not all of it. I think the museum part is still there, but the airport itself is cut out.
    10) The train is a cutscene. It's more faithful to the film.
    11) The mission where you follow Obano's men through the hotel is 99% the same. I think there's the odd difference here or there, but nothing worthy of mention.
    12) There is no poisoned Bond mission.
    13) The boat mission is shortened and lengthened. There is no sniping sequence at the beginning, and the interior holds of the ship has been extended. You actually fight Kratt in this version.
    14) No Venice level.
    15) The Greene Hotel level is changed a little. The opening garage area looks as it does in the film, now. There's more "platforming" (I use this term lightly) sequences. The fight with Elvis and Greene is different (and harder). The escape is different.
    16) The ending sequence is the same.
    17) There are some dialogue changes throughout. When Bond responds to M's "Bond, I need you back." at the end, he says "I never went away." instead of "I never left." The voice acting is overall better, especially from Eva Green, who sounded like she was bored as sh*t in the PS3/360 version, but in the PS2 version sounds as she did in CR.

That's all I can think of. If I left anything out, somebody, remind me.
    Thank you for that, @Agent007391. Quite a few changes, indeed.
    14) No Venice level.

That's a shame. The Venice level was my favourite part of the PS3 version. Getting into the falling building was actually pretty epic.

On the whole, the PS2 version is shorter than the PS3/360 version, but it focuses more on the story of the two films than the action.
    All for the money, yes. Sometimes I have to remind myself, it's not about the true Bond fans, it's marketed toward the new generation, who only knows Brosnan or Craig as Bond.... ugh.

I give up.
    I haven't really enjoyed a Bond game since FRWL, and that was a long time ago. I need another really good Bond game. So far Activision has been throwing the ball hard on all of them. They're all low budget wanna be call of duty games. I couldn't even get past the second level of the "Goldeneye remake". And QOS and Bloodstone are decent for a Bond fanatic, but as for as a game itself they aren't anything worth playing.