the NFL thread

Comments

FoxRox wrote: »
    @RogueAgent grrr you play my Bears tomorrow! Hope it’s a good game!

Lol! May the best team win my friend. Either way I will still talk to you! Lol!
    @RogueAgent haha indeed. Absolutely no hard feelings either way! Just glad you’re not a Packers fan ;)
    @RogueAgent haha indeed. Absolutely no hard feelings either way! Just glad you’re not a Packers fan ;)

Lol! Your welcome!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I am
    Got to enjoy both of my teams winning on the same day! A rare treat.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Congratulations to Drew Brees:

Drew Brees breaks Brett Favre's NFL record for most career completion. Brees now stands alone in one category of NFL history. The New Orleans Saints quarterback set the record Sunday for most pass completions in a career, eclipsing Brett Favre's previous mark of 6,300.

Go Saints!

Now find a defense. :D
    Drew Brees!!!!
    Congratulations @talos7. The Saints are living up to the hype so far this season.
    Thanks, Drew Brees is a class act on and off the field. Hopefully we can keep rolling.
    No disgrace in losing to the Rams, Hopefully will get back on track next game?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    What does everyone think of the schedule release?
    Glad to see this finally revived. It was so nice to see my teams finally enjoy some success last season! Thoughts on my two teams’ schedules - first Bears:
    Bears
    -Week 1: vs. Packers: Pretty cool to see the NFL use the classic Bears-Packers rivalry to kick off the 100th season. This team - primarily Aaron Rodgers - has given us fits for years, but last year we finally topped them, and we’ve built a team strong enough to compete with them. I suspect the Packers will have a bit of a rebound year after the last couple. Not an easy game, but I think the Bears can squeak this one out at home.

-Week 2: at Broncos: As a Ravens fan as well, I can only expect a 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 from the now Flacco-led Broncos. They have a decent defense, but Flacco is too inconsistent to be trusted, and the Bears have a very good defense brewing. I think we take this one without too much trouble.

-Week 3: at Redskins: A strange choice for a MNF matchup. Definitely one of the easier games on paper for the Bears this year.

-Week 4: vs. Vikings: Not sure if the Vikings will be better or worse than last year, but I suspect around the same. They don’t scare me too much right now. However, it is a division game and anything is possible in those.

-Week 5: at Raiders (London): A London game! The Raiders did nab Antonio Brown, but beyond that they’re still a very lacking roster. Setting this game abroad may even the field a little more, but if the Bears play at top form, I don’t see how we lose.

-Week 6: BYE: A pretty early bye week, but likely worth it after the trip to London.

-Week 7: vs. Saints: Now here’s a tough one. The Bears will have to fire on all cylinders to be able to take care of this team. Could go either way, but I have a feeling this will be one of our losses this year.

-Week 8: vs. Chargers: I have a gut feeling the Chargers regress this season. They still won’t be pushovers though; when Philip Rivers is on, he’s dangerous.

-Week 9: at Eagles: The Eagles have had the Bears’ number lately, and I think once again we will fall to them in a heartbreaker.

-Week 10: vs. Lions: This is a pretty winnable division game for the Bears. I’d be surprised if the Lions weren’t last in the division again, and I think we’ll handle them at home.

-Week 11: at Rams: Hard, hard game. We did beat this team last year, but it was close and in Chicago. Might be another tough loss.

-Week 12: at Giants: Hopefully Trubisky will be active this time around and we’ll get back at the Giants for last year. On paper it looks like a win, but nothing’s guaranteed.

-Week 13: at Lions: Another Thanksgiving match with the Lions. Hoping for another sweep over them too.

-Week 14: vs. Cowboys: This should be a fun game. Could go either way.

-Week 15: at Packers: I have us beating them at home in Week 1, but I think we’ll fall on the road to them this time. We haven’t swept them since 2007, and it figures to be a tough match once again.

-Week 16: vs. Chiefs: A serious test for the Bears defense. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to top this team this game, but it should be a good game.

-Week 17: at Vikings: Unsure about this one. We did sweep them last year, but that’s always hard to pull off on any rival.

I’ll put my record prediction at 11-5 - a one-game regression from last year. I think the Bears have a tremendous defense and a pretty solid offense, but some parts of this schedule will definitely challenge them. At the very least we should return to the playoffs - anything less is a disappointment. I’ll talk about Ravens later.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Glad to see this finally revived. It was so nice to see my teams finally enjoy some success last season! Thoughts on my two teams’ schedules - first Bears:
    Bears
    -Week 1: vs. Packers: Pretty cool to see the NFL use the classic Bears-Packers rivalry to kick off the 100th season. This team - primarily Aaron Rodgers - has given us fits for years, but last year we finally topped them, and we’ve built a team strong enough to compete with them. I suspect the Packers will have a bit of a rebound year after the last couple. Not an easy game, but I think the Bears can squeak this one out at home.

-Week 2: at Broncos: As a Ravens fan as well, I can only expect a 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 from the now Flacco-led Broncos. They have a decent defense, but Flacco is too inconsistent to be trusted, and the Bears have a very good defense brewing. I think we take this one without too much trouble.

-Week 3: at Redskins: A strange choice for a MNF matchup. Definitely one of the easier games on paper for the Bears this year.

-Week 4: vs. Vikings: Not sure if the Vikings will be better or worse than last year, but I suspect around the same. They don’t scare me too much right now. However, it is a division game and anything is possible in those.

-Week 5: at Raiders (London): A London game! The Raiders did nab Antonio Brown, but beyond that they’re still a very lacking roster. Setting this game abroad may even the field a little more, but if the Bears play at top form, I don’t see how we lose.

-Week 6: BYE: A pretty early bye week, but likely worth it after the trip to London.

-Week 7: vs. Saints: Now here’s a tough one. The Bears will have to fire on all cylinders to be able to take care of this team. Could go either way, but I have a feeling this will be one of our losses this year.

-Week 8: vs. Chargers: I have a gut feeling the Chargers regress this season. They still won’t be pushovers though; when Philip Rivers is on, he’s dangerous.

-Week 9: at Eagles: The Eagles have had the Bears’ number lately, and I think once again we will fall to them in a heartbreaker.

-Week 10: vs. Lions: This is a pretty winnable division game for the Bears. I’d be surprised if the Lions weren’t last in the division again, and I think we’ll handle them at home.

-Week 11: at Rams: Hard, hard game. We did beat this team last year, but it was close and in Chicago. Might be another tough loss.

-Week 12: at Giants: Hopefully Trubisky will be active this time around and we’ll get back at the Giants for last year. On paper it looks like a win, but nothing’s guaranteed.

-Week 13: at Lions: Another Thanksgiving match with the Lions. Hoping for another sweep over them too.

-Week 14: vs. Cowboys: This should be a fun game. Could go either way.

-Week 15: at Packers: I have us beating them at home in Week 1, but I think we’ll fall on the road to them this time. We haven’t swept them since 2007, and it figures to be a tough match once again.

-Week 16: vs. Chiefs: A serious test for the Bears defense. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to top this team this game, but it should be a good game.

-Week 17: at Vikings: Unsure about this one. We did sweep them last year, but that’s always hard to pull off on any rival.

I’ll put my record prediction at 11-5 - a one-game regression from last year. I think the Bears have a tremendous defense and a pretty solid offense, but some parts of this schedule will definitely challenge them. At the very least we should return to the playoffs - anything less is a disappointment. I’ll talk about Ravens later.

@FoxRox I'm a Vikings fan we have nice peices but I'm not really optimistic unless the o line gets fixed Cousins is going to keep panicking and running for his life. Week 1 vs Atlanta is winnable
    Week 2 @ Green Bay I hope doesn't end in a tie
    Week 3 vs Oakland is winnable
    Week 4 @ Chicago is hard to tell one side of me thinks it won't go well another side thinks we will win a close one.
    Week 5 @ Giants is winnable they are playing to high end draft a QB
    Week 6 vs Eagles winnable game since it's at home.
    Week 7 @ Detroit hard to tell Lions are unpredictable or maybe they are who knows.
    Week 8 vs Washington we usually beat Adrian Peterson
    Week 8 @ Kansas City loss Mahomes is too good
    Week 9 @ Dallas hard to tell
    Week 10 vs Denver a win going into the late bye
    Week 11 Bye very late bye this year
    Week 12 @ Seattle loss we always lose to the Seahawks
    Week 13 vs Detroit winnable since at home or hard to tell
    Week 14 @ Los Angeles Chargers probably a loss
    Week 15 vs Green Bay Monday night football should be fun close game winnable
    Week 16 vs Chicago toss up again depends on o-line.

Really don't know what to expect from Vikings if the O-line holds up 10+ wins if that even happens if it doesn't same as last year 8-8 or lower. It really is a prove it year for the whole team. Our division the NFC North is going to be a tough division could be one of the best divisions in football it will be a dogfight. I'm surprised how many primetime games we have after last years debacle. Its are to say If it's a one team race a two team race or 3 or even 4 all I know is this is going to be a tough division. I'm glad we don't play on Thanksgiving again.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Green Bay 8-8 or 9-7. Tradtionally we will rebound slightly after a regression year with a new coach but I don't expect us to rebound until the 2020 season
    My division rivals! Hopefully we all can still get along haha

@FoxRox I know right what a coincidence all we need is a lions fan to chime in lol
    007Blofeld wrote: »

@FoxRox I know right what a coincidence all we need is a lions fan to chime in lol

Too true. There are much less of those than the rest of us though. About my other team...

Ravens
    Week 1: at Dolphins: I think we get a win here. We have their number, and no one’s expecting Miami to be a powerhouse team this time.

Week 2: vs. Cardinals: Welcome back to Baltimore, T Sizzle. I think the Ravens will be victorious for two weeks straight. Ideal home opener game.

Week 3: at Chiefs: We came close to topping them last year, but couldn’t finish it. Sadly I don’t think we’ll get it done this time either.

Week 4: vs. Browns: Tough division game. At home, we squeak it out - much like the last time we played them.

Week 5: at Steelers: Expecting a hard-fought game, but a loss in the end. Ravens-Steelers games are always a treat.

Week 6: vs. Bengals: Rebound game, hopefully. The Ravens have had struggles with the Bengals the last few years, but I think that tide may turn in the Lamar Jackson era.

Week 7: at Seahawks: Great match-up! Definitely could go either way...

Week 8: BYE: Not a bad spot for a bye week. The Ravens usually are fortunate enough to get these around the mid-point marker of the season.

Week 9: vs. Patriots: I’m going to boldly predict the Ravens make a statement win with this game. We usually play them tough, and we’re definitely due to beat them.

Week 10: at Bengals: Should be close, but unless the Bengals find some serious improvement between now and then, I think we have the potential to sweep them.

Week 11: vs. Texans: Texans are hard to read. They were pretty tough last season, but they can crumble at any given time. Toss-up.

Week 12: at Rams: Eh, I don’t see us winning this one. Rams on the road isn’t a friendly match for any opposing team.

Week 13: vs. 49ers: Super Bowl memories! Hope we beat them again, too!

Week 14: at Bills: I think we can grab a win here. But upsets are always in the equation.

Week 15: vs. Jets: One of my most anticipated games. Going against CJ Mosley and Le’veon Bell will be interesting.

Week 16: at Browns: Expecting a tough loss here. Makes sense for the Ravens and Browns to split again this year.

Week 17: vs. Steelers: Hopefully we beat them at least once this upcoming year. I’ll predict a split like the Browns series - a win here at home.

Overall record? I’ll guess a 10-6 repeat like last year. It’s a very balanced schedule, and as long as the defense stays strong and Lamar Jackson keeps improving, I like our odds.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126

Too true. There are much less of those than the rest of us though. About my other team...

Ravens
    Week 1: at Dolphins: I think we get a win here. We have their number, and no one’s expecting Miami to be a powerhouse team this time.

Week 2: vs. Cardinals: Welcome back to Baltimore, T Sizzle. I think the Ravens will be victorious for two weeks straight. Ideal home opener game.

Week 3: at Chiefs: We came close to topping them last year, but couldn’t finish it. Sadly I don’t think we’ll get it done this time either.

Week 4: vs. Browns: Tough division game. At home, we squeak it out - much like the last time we played them.

Week 5: at Steelers: Expecting a hard-fought game, but a loss in the end. Ravens-Steelers games are always a treat.

Week 6: vs. Bengals: Rebound game, hopefully. The Ravens have had struggles with the Bengals the last few years, but I think that tide may turn in the Lamar Jackson era.

Week 7: at Seahawks: Great match-up! Definitely could go either way...

Week 8: BYE: Not a bad spot for a bye week. The Ravens usually are fortunate enough to get these around the mid-point marker of the season.

Week 9: vs. Patriots: I’m going to boldly predict the Ravens make a statement win with this game. We usually play them tough, and we’re definitely due to beat them.

Week 10: at Bengals: Should be close, but unless the Bengals find some serious improvement between now and then, I think we have the potential to sweep them.

Week 11: vs. Texans: Texans are hard to read. They were pretty tough last season, but they can crumble at any given time. Toss-up.

Week 12: at Rams: Eh, I don’t see us winning this one. Rams on the road isn’t a friendly match for any opposing team.

Week 13: vs. 49ers: Super Bowl memories! Hope we beat them again, too!

Week 14: at Bills: I think we can grab a win here. But upsets are always in the equation.

Week 15: vs. Jets: One of my most anticipated games. Going against CJ Mosley and Le’veon Bell will be interesting.

Week 16: at Browns: Expecting a tough loss here. Makes sense for the Ravens and Browns to split again this year.

Week 17: vs. Steelers: Hopefully we beat them at least once this upcoming year. I’ll predict a split like the Browns series - a win here at home.

Overall record? I’ll guess a 10-6 repeat like last year. It’s a very balanced schedule, and as long as the defense stays strong and Lamar Jackson keeps improving, I like our odds.

@FoxRox I like Lamar Jackson he just needs more experience the Steelers seem like a train headed the wrong way the browns look maybe legit we will see and Bengals meh I say Baltimore is definitely a playoff team
    @007Blofeld Thanks; I’m hoping so. My teams have looked promising lately (for the first time in a long while), so I’m hopeful we can at least go back to the playoffs.
    @007Blofeld Thanks; I’m hoping so. My teams have looked promising lately (for the first time in a long while), so I’m hopeful we can at least go back to the playoffs.

@FoxRox they are definitely playoff caliber yeah not very confident that we fixed our o-line problem but maybe they will surprise me.

@FoxRox they are definitely playoff caliber yeah not very confident that we fixed our o-line problem but maybe they will surprise me.

At least you all have a pretty good defense. I’d rather start with good defense/so-so offense than the other way around. We’ll see - stuff can still happen between now and the season’s start.

At least you all have a pretty good defense. I’d rather start with good defense/so-so offense than the other way around. We’ll see - stuff can still happen between now and the season’s start.

@FoxRox I mean we do have a good offense if the o-line blocked and wasn't so injured Diggs and Thielen are legitimate receivers Cook we will see still but has potential and if Kirk cousins play like good Kirk not bad fumblitous interception panicking Kirk and we can hit simple field goals. But the o-line is definitely the thing I'm watching this season I see everyone is picking us for o-line in the draft which is good but the last time we drafted an o lineman it was bust Matt Khalil so I don't know it will be interesting.
    its sure been quite an interesting free agency
  • DB5MNDB5MN USA
    What does everyone think of the upcoming season! Here's some NFL films music.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,620
    A nice one @DB5MN. I actually own that 10-CD 2004 box set. The combination of Sam Spence's music and John "The Voice of GOD" Facenda's narration and my 60+ year old heart starts to skip a beat or two.

For me it's "The Pony Soldiers"......chills man, chills.
    ^:)^

or "The Over the Hill Gang".....even more chills. ^:)^ ^:)^
  • DB5MNDB5MN USA
    Dwayne wrote: »
    A nice one @DB5MN. I actually own that 10-CD 2004 box set. The combination of Sam Spence's music and John "The Voice of GOD" Facenda's narration and my 60+ year old heart starts to skip a beat or two.

Where you get the 10 cd box set?
  • DB5MNDB5MN USA
    Did anyone hear about this brawl? Patriots, Panthers players fight again in practice, this time fracas leads to injuries

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots-panthers-players-fight-again-practice-this-time-fracas-leads-injuries
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,620
    DB5MN wrote: »
    Dwayne wrote: »

Where you get the 10 cd box set?

I actually purchased the box set back in 2004. It is still available (but out of print) on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Autumn-Thunder-Years-Films-Music/dp/B0002VERQA/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2ZD5FGUQ44DGO&keywords=nfl+films&qid=1660779275&s=music&sprefix=nfl+films,popular,68&sr=1-7