Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    Just now in group chat (messenger).
    I don't want to talk with my classmates anymore, I'm trying to be nice but they really have attitudes, they're naughty, they're really aggressive towards me and they're keep trash talking me.

One of our classmates has no group and they're bullying him, now I've spoke up, (well, I haven't talked to them for a long time) now I've said to them that to those who still has a free or extra slot, give him consideration, get him in so he can have a group for an activity, I'm nice talking to them and I spoke up in a very polite manner. But they have been aggressive to me, keep trash talking me and showing their impulsive behavior towards me, like they want to argue with you in a bad way.

I'm questioning myself, did I've done something wrong?

No, you didn't do anything wrong, but just as in the big world, in the small world bullies will go as far as they can. They often see politeness as an opportunity to go further. Now, finding the balance is the difficult part. You can ignore a bully and see of it stops. If not, it's time for a hard rebuke. The main thing is the bully needs the prospect of losing something valuable. It doesn't matter what his/her bullying does to another person, bullies are too self-centered for that. I'll give you an example: A long, long time ago I was cycling back home from school. It was a lovely day, and I was riding down a free-laying bycilce path about 1m wide. I travelled at speed and so caught up with two guys who didn't want te let me pass, claiming they were stronger than me and they had me in their power. I told them I had no interest in a fight, that it was a lovely day and that I'd rather be on my way. This didn't help, they persisted. So I told the lead guy that indeed they were stronger, but that no matter what happened to me, he'd end up with a broken nose. They might be able to kick me unconsious, but before that, his nose would be broken. They let me pass, as it was a lovely day...

The fact that you question yourself is good, it's a laudible quality that can get you far in life. And trying to see other perspectives always helps, if not to learn, then to take the right position in the situation as it unfolds. Good luck with this situation. You're doing good stepping up for those oppressed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    No, you didn't.

My turn : Can someone tell me how to get rid of Fastcaptchasolver ? I get sick and tired of having to close off so many windows on my Google Chrome before I can do anything else (sometimes, that process lasts as long as five minutes). I don't know how it got on my browser, but I want it gone.

It's not as simple as uninstalling it from your programs in the control panel? Could just be a virus and you need better software to combat it.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »
    No, you didn't.

My turn : Can someone tell me how to get rid of Fastcaptchasolver ? I get sick and tired of having to close off so many windows on my Google Chrome before I can do anything else (sometimes, that process lasts as long as five minutes). I don't know how it got on my browser, but I want it gone.

It's not as simple as uninstalling it from your programs in the control panel? Could just be a virus and you need better software to combat it.

@Gerard: At the risk of sounding unhelpful: Google is indeed your friend here. If you check for "Fast Captcha Solver malware" or something similar, you'll find a few solutions to your problems, including "Malwarebytes". I've used this (for free) over the years to find out and delete some oddities that a PC at home or at the office may have come up with. Also, some of those programs/trojans may not appear as an app under Windows, but as an add-on to your browser. But I'm pretty sure you'll find a solution that is worth trying out.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,390
    I can't able to play some games here due to my internet being poor and slow (Quarter Frame Game for example), the images took some time to load before I saw it.
    It's really slow, you really need to extend your patience, and keep calm.
    That's why my submissions are always late.
    As much as I want to play, my internet connection keeps me from playing.
    Maybe I can play brand new guess the character, the unscrambled game , or the rebus game but not the quarter frame game, it's sad because it's my favorite game of the lot here, that's the game I enjoyed playing the most.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Does anybody know why "A Shot in the Dark" (the second Pink Panther movie) remains unavailable on Blu-ray? I've been looking for it for ages because everybody says it's the best of the series (I've never seen it on another medium either). I was disappointed by the first Pink Panther film (not half as funny as I expected it to be), so would like to give its successor a try...after a paltry 58 years or so.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Does anybody know why "A Shot in the Dark" (the second Pink Panther movie) remains unavailable on Blu-ray? I've been looking for it for ages because everybody says it's the best of the series (I've never seen it on another medium either). I was disappointed by the first Pink Panther film (not half as funny as I expected it to be), so would like to give its successor a try...after a paltry 58 years or so.

I can’t help you with digital or BR, but it it has definitely been available on DVD, both individually and as part of the box set (that doesn’t feature Inspector Clouseau or Return Of The Pink Panther).
    If digital is an option, you might find A Shot in the Dark in iTunes Store, @j_w_pepper. I've never seen that film either (yet).
    Shot in the Dark is infinitely superior to the Pink Panther and arguably the best Clouseau of all, although I personally have a soft spot for Return of the Pink Panther. It's one of many films that strangely seem to be missing in action when it comes to blu ray.
    Thanks, @Torgeirtrap. But I'm not really into streaming, be it iTunes or Netflix or whatever.

And yes, also thanks to @MajorDSmythe. But I try to avoid buying regular DVDs these days (though I've made exceptions for special reasons). I just don't understand why such a movie isn't available in HD, except maybe by way of streaming.
    The way being sick is handled at many workplaces in America.

I’m sick right now with a cold. If I didn’t have enough protected paid time off to use, which takes a long time to accrue for me, I’d be on thin ice right now with job security. I’ve barely called in for the 7 months I’ve worked, but we’re barely allowed any absences, and in the few times I’ve done it (terrible road conditions thanks to ice storm and other sickness), none of it ever gets excused. It gets to a point where if you’re out of PPTO and aren’t allowed more absences, you’d have to come into work with the flu, lest you be fired.

The culture of the workplaces I’ve been in is purely draconian. There are next to no rights for workers. I hope to break into a more career-oriented job that is at least a little less awful in this sense.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FoxRox wrote: »

I’m sick right now with a cold. If I didn’t have enough protected paid time off to use, which takes a long time to accrue for me, I’d be on thin ice right now with job security. I’ve barely called in for the 7 months I’ve worked, but we’re barely allowed any absences, and in the few times I’ve done it (terrible road conditions thanks to ice storm and other sickness), none of it ever gets excused. It gets to a point where if you’re out of PPTO and aren’t allowed more absences, you’d have to come into work with the flu, lest you be fired.

The culture of the workplaces I’ve been in is purely draconian. There are next to no rights for workers. I hope to break into a more career-oriented job that is at least a little less awful in this sense.

It is called slavery.

It is called slavery.

Given the wages I’m paid aren’t near enough to live on my own with, pretty close!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited June 2022 Posts: 7,965

It is called slavery.

Given the wages I’m paid aren’t near enough to live on my own with, pretty close!

So, when is America coming into the 21st century? I really don't get it people still vote that conservative, and call people who are asking for what to my poisoned European mind is normal human standards is, 'communist'. And that goes for the 'left' and the 'right'. But I've always said, it's a lack of education. Education should be standardised and free (oh, there we go, communist!!) for people from all levels of society.
    @CommanderRoss You speak my language. Believe me, I’m very jealous of Europeans and can only imagine how backwards we look to them. Though saddled with debt, I am proud of my degree I earned and am trying to put to use. If money weren’t such a big problem, I’d love to move to Canada or Europe permanently. I don’t feel happy or in sync with my country whatsoever.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I must agree with @CommanderRoss. As long as American voters proudly cling to their obnoxiously conservative tendencies, not a lot will change.
    I'm going to make a confession here: I hate summer, especially when it's hot. That's a controversial opinion, but here's my moan: it's been very hot these last few days.

Also, my wife has a temping job after five years of being a stay at home mum. Which in itself is great news, especially since the money is very good and work from home. And if she doesn't like it, it's a six months contract. But that means she cant pick up our boy from school anymore, due to conflicting schedules. And the after school club of my son is horrid, very run down and the lady doing it are kinda rough, so I will have to go and pick him up myself. Not an ideal situation, but the only option we have after pondering every other avenue in a very stressful weekend.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm going to make a confession here: I hate summer, especially when it's hot. That's a controversial opinion, but here's my moan: it's been very hot these last few days.

I think I'm right there with you. I used to like it hot outside but the older I've got, the more I've realized just how much I love the winter months (even though I despise having to shovel snow).

I think I'm right there with you. I used to like it hot outside but the older I've got, the more I've realized just how much I love the winter months (even though I despise having to shovel snow).

My favourite season is autumn. Last time I enjoyed summer I was a teenager. And it's mostly because of the holidays and because I hated secondary school.
    I always take my vacations in autumn. Fewer tourists and less sweating.
    Revelator wrote: »
    I always take my vacations in autumn. Fewer tourists and less sweating.

I used to before my son was of school age.
    Best holidays I had were aurumn holidays. Now it's no longer possible.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I also hate summer. Roll on October...
    Add me to the hate summer list. Least favorite season by a country mile. Being a northerner, I can much better deal with the cold. Fall’s the best, easy.

My favourite season is autumn. Last time I enjoyed summer I was a teenager. And it's mostly because of the holidays and because I hated secondary school.

It's mine too when I actually get to enjoy proper, cooler fall weather.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    Hate humidity.
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    Shot in the Dark is infinitely superior to the Pink Panther and arguably the best Clouseau of all, although I personally have a soft spot for Return of the Pink Panther. It's one of many films that strangely seem to be missing in action when it comes to blu ray.

SITD is the best Clouseau film. I too enjoy ROTPP. Everything after was too silly.

• ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    There definitely is a qulitative difference to summers when you are in school or at university and summers when you have to commute to an office and sit there for 8 hours in at least kind of business appropriate clothing (let alone physical labour).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Summers are the worst! I prefer a colder climate myself. The humidity, the heat, the blinding sunrays, the constant thirst, the sweat, the countless nights without sleep... I hate the Summer season. I'm also fortunate enough to be able to take my vacation during Summer. It means I can wake up when I want to and sleep when I want to. In an attempt to be somewhat productive, I usually stay up late--the nights are better for work--and try to sleep during the first half of the day. But, with a child on the way, that way of living may be over too... soon. ;-)
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 14,816
    I'm surprised that I'm not alone to dislike summertime. I know it's more common than one may think, but every time I said it at work my colleagues thought I was a full on weirdo, if not a dangerous one. Or at least a spoil fun.
    Add me to the list of Summer hater! Most especially since Hay fever has returned to torment me in the last few years having been strangely free of it for nearly a decade!!
    Me, I like summer, mainly because of what it does to the clothes of gorgeous ladies, but I can't stand the heat like we had last week (more than 40° C ! Yikes !). Less than 25° c, and I'm game !

Now, my turn : as those who saw my post yesterday know, I went to Cardiff this sunday to see Lea Salonga in concert. But, if the sojourn in Cardiff was everything I expected and more, the trip to get there wasn't. I had arrived at Paddington with enough time to get my ticket (booked in march) and get the train that was advertised in my mail as departing at 14.43. Except that, to my dismay, that train didn't exist. Not only that, but the following train, which was supposed to depart at 15.23, had been cancelled. So, I had to wait for the next one (16.23) in the station, write an E-mail to my hotel in Cardiff, telling them I would be late (not easy to do on a cellphone in the middle of a station, and with a software that still wants to convert the english words I write into french words (I never figured how to avoid that). At last, I managed to get into the train, but I arrived at my hotel circa 19.00.

As for coming back home... Well, the queue at St. Pancras International was long. Very long. Very, very long. Very, very, very... you get the point. I started queuing at 14.21, and once I passed all the obstacles, I managed to get into y train at 15.21. My train was supposed to depart at 15.31, but due to the number of late arrivals, it departed at 16.5 - 16.10, which made me come home later than I wanted. My cat seemed happy to see me after four days, but still, I bet she would have preferred that I came home early, or not leave at all.