Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Those look entertaining.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2022 Posts: 4,416
    I see it said it based on Belgium movie De Zaak Alzheimer with Jan Decleir who in 1997 was consider for role of Gupta in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Alzheimer is ilness that you going to vergot / get problems with your memory about delay things that sometimes mix up with (result of) Parkinson if you vergot you madecine or not take them as you should.
    That looks pretty good as well, and the music is awesome.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2022 Posts: 12,914
    Jurassic World: Dominion Is a
    James Bond-Style Science Thriller
    According to Director

By Jonathan Fuge
    Published Jun 14, 2021
    https://movieweb.com/jurassic-world-3-bond-bourne-science-thriller/

Jurassic World: Dominion could be very different to anything in the franchise so far, and has a bit of 'Bourne and Bond' thrown into it.

9IkAzJpoE532igiPHkMNwFkKJTeCGU.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=1500&h=&dpr=1.5
    l204_29311611654846.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    memory-poster-liam-neeson-2.jpg
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick

About time.Iv been sick of the first trailer playing in cinemas for every film Iv seen in the cinema over the last three years.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    memory-poster-liam-neeson-2.jpg

that looks like a bond poster
    I don't know if it's the one I posted or an issue with the poster but it looks a bit low-res and hazy to me. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it, simply because it's another Campbell action outing and Neeson always gives 100% to his performances.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2022 Posts: 13,882
    That does look/sound like it could be an alternate final Bond film. His joints are starting to creak, his memory is getting hazy, but he still has that fire in his stomach, that survival instinct.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    For anyone in the New York City area, The Film Forum will be showcasing the films of Sidney Poitier (and some of his fellow pioneers) all month (April 2022).

So many great films…so little time. NO WAY OUT (1950), HOME OF THE BRAVE (1949), THE KILLING (1956), ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW (1959), TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (1962), and a personal favorite of mind…A PATCH OF BLUE (1965).

https://filmforum.org/do-not-enter-or-modify-or-erase/client-uploads/FF_Poitier_Series_flyer_V5.pdf

That should be interesting.
    Mark Molloy to direct Beverly Hills Cop 4 for Netflix:

https://deadline.com/2022/04/beverly-hills-cop-4-mark-molloy-netflix-1234997041/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Crimes of the Future David Cronenberg

Looks interesting.
    The man is back. I can't wait to see this.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Films like Rabid, Dead Zone and Videorome were some of my first ever Horror movies. A history of Violence I am a huge fan of, its good to see Cronenberg reuniting with Viggo.

I hate to say I still have not watched eXistenze, if I recall it was released around the time of The Matrix which had my total attention at the time.

Films like Rabid, Dead Zone and Videorome were some of my first ever Horror movies. A history of Violence I am a huge fan of, its good to see Cronenberg reuniting with Viggo.

I hate to say I still have not watched eXistenze, if I recall it was released around the time of The Matrix which had my total attention at the time.

Videodrome is in my Top 50 all-time films, if I were to fashion a list.

@Creasy47 , I know you loved it. I may go see this in the cinema. It premieres here this weekend. It depends a little on the screening time, and if I manage to drag someone with me. I am cool with going alone, but company is nicer.

@Creasy47 , I know you loved it. I may go see this in the cinema. It premieres here this weekend. It depends a little on the screening time, and if I manage to drag someone with me. I am cool with going alone, but company is nicer.

Please let me know your thoughts if you do end up deciding to go. It's nothing revolutionary, of course, but if you're a fan of Cage's, it's a really fun BTS look into his career, in a sort of semi-fictional way, and it had me laughing a lot throughout. I had a real good time with it.

Please let me know your thoughts if you do end up deciding to go. It's nothing revolutionary, of course, but if you're a fan of Cage's, it's a really fun BTS look into his career, in a sort of semi-fictional way, and it had me laughing a lot throughout. I had a real good time with it.

I can imagine. I just checked the program, and there are no early screenings, at least not this week. I will see what happens. With this kind of scheduling, the only day for it would have to be Saturday.

I can imagine. I just checked the program, and there are no early screenings, at least not this week. I will see what happens. With this kind of scheduling, the only day for it would have to be Saturday.

I get how you feel. My rare trips to the cinema are so carefully plotted out with the rare free time I have, and even then, most of them don't pan out due to wildly inconsistent showtimes. At least we live in a world now where most of these films are available to rent or stream in a matter of weeks or just a couple of months.
    It's official : Margot Robbie's next role will be... Barbie ?!?

https://www.cbr.com/margot-robbie-is-barbie-in-first-live-action-photo/

margot-robbie-barbie-first-look-header.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=750&h=&dpr=1.5

Thank Heavens it's not Lilli (you have to be German to understand that reference. Or know a little about the dirty secret origin of the most famous fashion doll in the world).

Gerard wrote: »
    It's official : Margot Robbie's next role will be... Barbie ?!?

https://www.cbr.com/margot-robbie-is-barbie-in-first-live-action-photo/

margot-robbie-barbie-first-look-header.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=750&h=&dpr=1.5

Thank Heavens it's not Lilli (you have to be German to understand that reference. Or know a little about the dirty secret origin of the most famous fashion doll in the world).

At least it’s not Amy Schumer which it was threatened/rumoured to be for a while...

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Seems like the Avatar sequel is called Avatar: The Way of Water and there will be a trailer exclusively in cinemas with Dr Strange next week.
    They're back, and I couldn't be happier :

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    It’s become “ cool “ to hate on Avatar and write James Cameron off but the guy is a technological genius who always comes through when he makes a movie. I’m looking forward to Avatar 2.
    I suspect Avatar 2 will challenge the Box Office of Avatar and End Game, from what I have heard so far Avatar 2 sounds astonishing.